2012 MSC Drink Costs - Euros

Chris62eng

I am sailing on the new ship Divina in October and had booked the Cheers package but have just received a reply from MSC confirming an AI 24 hour package for £20.70 per day. Had to book via my TA.

I'm sailing on Splendida end of April and my TA has checked and found this package available so once I have confirmation out goes my 'cheers' and yippee for the 'allegrisimo' :D

Thanks for this link! We already bought thew Allegro packages for our Orchestra cruise on April 15 and my TA is trying to find out if Allegrissimo is available. We paid $24 per day for the Allegro (it has since gone up $2 per day) so if the difference is $15 or less per day it would be worth it just because my husband and I love gelato and coffee! My daughter and son-in-law each paid $35 per day for their drink packages on the same cruise so I'm sure it would benefit them.

Can I safely assume the surcharges ARE covered on the Allegro packages we already ourchased?:confused:

Thanks for this link! We already bought thew Allegro packages for our Orchestra cruise on April 15 and my TA is trying to find out if Allegrissimo is available. We paid $24 per day for the Allegro (it has since gone up $2 per day) so if the difference is $15 or less per day it would be worth it just because my husband and I love gelato and coffee! My daughter and son-in-law each paid $35 per day for their drink packages on the same cruise so I'm sure it would benefit them.

Can I safely assume the surcharges ARE covered on the Allegro packages we already ourchased?:confused:

I would assume so. This is what MSC sent me awhile ago via Facebook

"thank you for your message!

You're right, if you pre pay a Drinks package, you don't have to pay the 15% service charge."

Hi Mairead,

Thanks once again on spa info, and once again they do prebookable packages that do not show up on my booking login.

I wonder why they don't send all this info once you have booked AND PAID especially as a lot of these have to be booked 21 days in advance,

it is baffling and unless you don't ask, you don't get!

Iv'e just emailed my TA about this very good package ,to me it seems very secretive as i haven't seen it anywere,& our TA never mentioned it when booking our package of just wine ,they only said about the very expensive A1 :mad: which i wasn't getting already paid over the top for my cruise as it's dropped that much :cool: so fingers crossed

Hi Mairead,

Thanks once again on spa info, and once again they do prebookable packages that do not show up on my booking login.

I wonder why they don't send all this info once you have booked AND PAID especially as a lot of these have to be booked 21 days in advance,

it is baffling and unless you don't ask, you don't get!

I think I've worked out what the problem is. The ones you book online go on to your onboard account, but some drink and spa packages have to be paid in full a certain numbr of days before you go, so they need to be booked through the TA you booked with or MSC if you booked direct.

I agree they'd sell more and make it easier for all of us if they just gave all the info in one place with the same way(s) of booking it all.

I'm an "MSC" expert and they still confuse me from time to time!

My TA called MSC and they said Allegrissimo was not available on MSC Orchestra out of Livorno. She also asked how we knew about it and my TA said she didn't know. How strange that not all packages are offered to all customers!

Well it is on there website saying it's available on Summer Med cruises.

I do know thatnthey make different deals available in different regions but having different rules formdifferent ship's sailing in the same area seems daft

My TA called MSC and they said Allegrissimo was not available on MSC Orchestra out of Livorno. She also asked how we knew about it and my TA said she didn't know. How strange that not all packages are offered to all customers!

I would get onto MSC direct and double check that it is not available on your cruise. My mother in law ha a similar issue with her TA for the fantasia back in 2010 with the AI. I was getting its from MSC directly however her TA told her it was unavailable.

I booked the 24 hour AI two weeks ago and have been back on to my TA today to get confirmation that I have booked it, as it is such a good deal, I want it in writing for when I get on board:D

Should also be listed on your tickets/etickets under special services. So make sure when they arrive it is there too. I agree you need written confirmation now though,because if it hasn't been booked waiting until the tickets arrive will be too late.

The Allegrissimo is not one of my choices when I log into the "Already Booked" section. So I guess it's not offered to people from the U.S. It does say we get a free water package because we're from the U.S.

The Allegrissimo is not one of my choices when I log into the "Already Booked" section. So I guess it's not offered to people from the U.S. It does say we get a free water package because we're from the U.S.

It isn't showing as an option for me either for my September sailing on the Musica but I just called MSC and they say It is available, so I've had them add it on to my booking.

Can someone give me an idea of how much more per day it is over the Cheers and/or Allegro packages? I figure I'll spend about $15 per day on gelato and espresso, so if it's more than that, it may not be worth it for me. My TA is a friend of mine, and she said they were most emphatic that it was NOT available to me, and really wanted to know how she'd heard about it. But I'll push it if it's really worth it for me.

Can someone give me an idea of how much more per day it is over the Cheers and/or Allegro packages? I figure I'll spend about $15 per day on gelato and espresso, so if it's more than that, it may not be worth it for me. My TA is a friend of mine, and she said they were most emphatic that it was NOT available to me, and really wanted to know how she'd heard about it. But I'll push it if it's really worth it for me.

Hi,

I originally booked the adult 'cheers' package which for the 7 night cruise came to £230 per couple, the 'allegrissimo' has just cost me £289 so I'll let you do the maths lol.

Andy :cool:

Hi,

I originally booked the adult 'cheers' package which for the 7 night cruise came to £230 per couple, the 'allegrissimo' has just cost me £289 so I'll let you do the maths lol.

Andy :cool:

I changed from the cheers package also. This AI is definately worth it for hubby and I:cool:

MSC have told me the Allegrissimo is for my 8 nights ,i had already booked & payed for a superior wine package as i was told by my TA that there was only the new £38 a day A1 that they did or the cheers that was also very expensive & can only be used in the buffett & the MDR :mad: i haven't heard from my TA yet :mad:, but i'm a little happy bunny as i can book the Allegrissimo & sit in any bar we want ..so as i will definatley book before 21 days before i have a fantastic cruise :D thankyou to the person who first put about the package on here because i wouldn't have known otherwise :D

Archived