Price drop approved in about 12 hours! But it was less than I expected

Teamv

So after good advice from CC-ers I submitted my first price protection form last night and it was approved this morning:)

But I expected $80 and only ended up with $57.80. :(

I called Carnival and they said this was because the fees/ taxes increased since I booked the cruise. Really? I guess I thought that taxes would stay the same percentage and fees would either be a fixed cost or a fixed percentage? I am sure someone here knows....... Thanks!

Ticket contract

) Carnival reserves the right to increase published fares and air fare supplements without prior notice. However, fully paid or deposited guests will be protected, except for fares listed, quoted, advertised or booked in error, fuel supplements, government taxes, other surcharges and changes to deposit, payment and cancellation terms/conditions, which are subject to change without notice. In the event that a cruise fare listed, quoted or advertised through any website, Carnival sales person, travel agent or any other source is booked but is incorrect due to an electronic error, typographical error, human error or any other error causing the fare to be listed, quoted or advertised for an amount not intended by Carnival, Carnival reserves the right to correct the erroneous fare by requesting the Guest to pay the correct fare intended, or by canceling the cruise in exchange for a full refund, but in no event shall Carnival be obligated to honor any such booking resulting from the error or otherwise be liable in such circumstances.

congrats on the price drop

The taxes and fees are not a percentage of the fare- everyone on board from the lowliest inside cabin to the Owner's suite pay the same. How this works I have no idea but that is the way it works. And they bounce randomly around with no explaination.

I had the same thing happen to me too! The fare difference was $80, but I only got $68.13 of onboard credit because the taxes/fees were more! I get that it says that can fluctuate at anytime but does anyone know why they change? or who these fees/taxes are paid too? 9 (i.e the breakdown to different agencies, port fees, etc?)

I sent in a form about 4 hours ago and it came back denied. It said 4A vs 4B but my price per cruise only was $269.00 and they are coming up at $249.00 and I have a screen shot which I offered. I then went to the fairwatcher and got the same pricing so I sent all that back again and asked what is making it different since it only shows as interior and it is less. Hopefully they will explain further. I know it is not much but I am asking for 5 rooms with 14 people in them.

I sent in a form about 4 hours ago and it came back denied. It said 4A vs 4B but my price per cruise only was $269.00 and they are coming up at $249.00 and I have a screen shot which I offered. I then went to the fairwatcher and got the same pricing so I sent all that back again and asked what is making it different since it only shows as interior and it is less. Hopefully they will explain further. I know it is not much but I am asking for 5 rooms with 14 people in them.

So are you in a 4B .. if so you cant price match to a 4A. click on the cabin on cruisedeckplans.com and see if you are.

If you are just asking to price match to a 4A but not in the category .. you need to dig deeper as you can only price match to YOUR catgory .. not just pick the lowest inside price and price match

Ugh...I have like 9 1/2 months until my cruise but I want a price drop lol...I am not gonn hold my breath because I think our type of cabin on our floor is sold out....so....

it would be awesome to get a little OBC...lol

So after good advice from CC-ers I submitted my first price protection form last night and it was approved this morning:)

I called Carnival and they said this was because the fees/ taxes increased since I booked the cruise. Really? I guess I thought that taxes would stay the same percentage and fees would either be a fixed cost or a fixed percentage? I am sure someone here knows....... Thanks!

That's nothing. When I submitted my first for a cruise in April it came back way short. I called my PVP to find out why and she had to go to Corporate as she didn't understand either. Turns out everytime you submit an Early Saver Claim form your cruise reservation is considered "new." So, they increased my tips to today's rate and also charged more for the "fees/taxes" as they changed also. I wasn't concerned about the tips (I was going to pay them anyway) but I really don't understand the "fees/taxes" thing.

Anyway, I've submitted 5 claims and they all came back approved. After the first one the others have all been profit!:D

Taxes and fess are not % based. Both vary often.

A person who works for Carnival told me (and he may be incorrect) that the taxes and fees that are placed on the ship are determined by the number of people on the ship. If the ship has 3020 passengers they have to pay more taxes and fees to the ports than when they have only 3000 passengers.

Since some cabins can hold 2, 3 or 4 passengers there is always a different number booked so the taxes and fees will vary. If the fees go up Carnival tries not to charge people who have already booked more they just add the fees to the people who change their booking using the early saver rates and new bookings.

If the fees are lowered they give you obc on your account at the end of the cruise.

Many times a few people do not show up for the cruise and you will get a small refund on your statement since their fees are then reduced.

I just submitted a request last night and after reading this I checked and the taxes and fees on my original reservation are exactly the same as what came up on my "new" one on Carnival . com. We'll see what I get.

Connie

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=cojuqui&date=6-10-2012&text=Countin

PAST CRUISES:

Celebrity Solstice 6/26/09 Eastern Mediterranean

Carnival Conquest 08/10/10 Eastern Caribbean

A person who works for Carnival told me (and he may be incorrect) that the taxes and fees that are placed on the ship are determined by the number of people on the ship. If the ship has 3020 passengers they have to pay more taxes and fees to the ports than when they have only 3000 passengers.

Since some cabins can hold 2, 3 or 4 passengers there is always a different number booked so the taxes and fees will vary. If the fees go up Carnival tries not to charge people who have already booked more they just add the fees to the people who change their booking using the early saver rates and new bookings.

If the fees are lowered they give you obc on your account at the end of the cruise.

Many times a few people do not show up for the cruise and you will get a small refund on your statement since their fees are then reduced.

That makes sense, thanks. Last year we had a tiny OBC that no one could explain, I guess that's what it was.

I am just so happy to get a small price drop (I know silly......) Never thought it would happen because we booked very early at a good price, we are going on a busy week (Easter) and the prices just seemed to be going up and up. I now have justification to my family for obsessively checking the fare viewer!!

Archived