New to Celebrity: Any experience with guaranteed veranda or concierge class?

harvestmoonfarm

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Eclipse is a beautiful ship. The guarantee cabins are usually much less expensive, and the way I look at it, any balcony is a good balcony. The 2C's and 2D's have the lifeboats below them so that your view straight down to the water is blocked. But the cabins are all the same size up to suites. And with a guarantee you could get ANY veranda cabin. I would recommend a category X (balcony guarantee) booking.

I would also have a look at the Tuesday/Wednesday specials for this coming week--many great deals, one may appeal to you. You HAVE to book on one of those days. http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf The Solstice Aqua Class on 3/25 is an amazing $849--a GREAT deal! The Eclipse for 3/24 is offering ocean view for $549!

If you have never cruised Celebrity before, you may want to start wth the newest generation of ships, the S (Solstice) Class, which includes Solstice, Eclipse, Equinox, and Silhouette currently. Can't go wrong with any of them.

I don't know if this answers your question?

The 2C and 2D verandah cabins are "obstructed" because the lifeboats are directly below, blocking a view down to the water...but straight ahead, there are no obstructions. There are pictures floating around...search "obstructed picture" or something like that.

All verandah, concierge and aqua class cabins are the same size...the difference being where they are on the ship and the perks. You can find the concierge perks and the aqua perks on the celebrity site.

One of the best options, when available, are concierge guarantee cabins....you will then get at least a C3 cabin. If you book balcony/verandah guarantee, you may get a 2C or 2D cabin, which isn't so bad as it sounds.

Hope this helps...I'm sure others will add...

I've booked a concierge guarantee and was assigned a C3. I prefered a different area and there were other C3's open there so I just called Celebrity and they switched my room no problem.

How long did it take to get your room assignment?

Snow bunny

I booked a GTY concierge class on the Eclipe 3/03 sailing last Thursday. I received my assignment on Friday. It was a C3 near the front and we prefer the aft, although I was prepared to accept anything when booking the GTY. I called Celebrity and they had a couple of aft cabins and they switched me into one with no problems.

This is the closest to sailing that I have ever booked, but the cruise and the airfare were such a deal, I couldn't resist.

We booked Solstice 2 weeks out and had GTY Verandah - saved $700 and ended up with a SV - Sunset Verandah on deck 6. We would not ever book a SV again, the verandah was VERY small and lots of walking. Deck 6 is the bottonm deck at the back and least desirable. I did inquire about changing but was told I had best cabin available. It was OK though and we had a nice cruise. Loved having a "hump" cabin last year - balconies are larger and the views are better. Next cruise I will book a specific cabin for sure!

Archived