Prohibition Party Pictures

Our dining showed up yesterday but no party :mad: Did it show up later for booking or am I looking in the wrong spot to reserve? We were so looking forward to it and I already bought a dress.

BTW THANKS for the photos!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Look under specialty resturants !!!!

Love the pics !!!

Do they offer this on Oasis? I already have the boa:)

Sadly, no:( people speculate its tied with the Chicago show theme. On Oasis however, there is a fun "throw me a line" improv show in studio B near the end of the week, and the stars of Hairspray do a " Cabaret songs" show in Dazzles one night also. We didnt see that one, but enjoyed the improv!

Sadly, no:( people speculate its tied with the Chicago show theme. On Oasis however, there is a fun "throw me a line" improv show in studio B near the end of the week, and the stars of Hairspray do a " Cabaret songs" show in Dazzles one night also. We didnt see that one, but enjoyed the improv!

Makes sense because of Chicago. Thanks for the quick reply. I have been reading posts about the prohibition party and have not paid too much attention until I saw these wonderful photos. Sure does look like fun!

Great photos

What alcoholic drinks are offered? From what I've read, I'm under the impression it's mostly gin-based drinks. Is this true, or are there other options? Do they serve beer/wine, or just liquor?

The party is only open to the first 50 people. The cruise director on morning announcment made a comment about "I should not say this but if you call this extension there will be something exciting on the other end" They totally get into character. You call the number and someone tells you that a package will be delivered to your room. Then later an officer shows up with the invite and lapel pin. Later you will get another call with a new password. Then you go to the meeting place wearing your pin and they take you in the back way to the club "speakeasy" remember it is illegal to drink staying in character the entire time. They "the officers will even ask other people that might be milling around the meeting area to leave and being very hush hush about it. People that did not have invites were getting a little jealous. Once inside you get your drink in "tea cups" "gin drinks".

The entire time everyone is in character and I will not say anything else about the party but it does end by the way it used to end back in the 20's if you know what I mean "law enforcement".

If I wanted a Jim Bean and coke would I be out of luck.

If I wanted a Jim Bean and coke would I be out of luck.

If you look at the third picture posted in the OP's post, you can see the bartenders and the "bar". They have bottles of Hendrick's Gin (good stuff!), vodka, rum and some kind of whiskey, plus many mixers including coke. I'm guessing you could get your Beam and coke or something close.

bobj

We sail the eastern itinerary on Allure in 32 days and do not see this listed as an option to book. Is it under Specialty Dining?

Maybe they do not offer it on all Allure of the Seas sailing...anyone know?

I'm just back from the March 18th eastern sailing and we went to the party and it was a BLAST. A highlight for sure. Unfortunately I got food poisoning earlier in the day so I was not feeling well and could not drink but I still dressed up and went. I would say 80% of the people dressed up and they do loan costume pieces for photo ops. Booze was NON STOP! They have mostly gin drinks but had other drinks like rum punch and liquors with mixers. It was so much fun and I'd do it again. We loved getting dressed up. Our party did not end in a raid but we had a couple of "raid scares". I also think they are now allowing more like 75 or 100 people in. I know our party was sold out before sailing but my SIL got in while we were on board and although I didn't count I know it was more than 50. It was a must do. I suggested on my comment card that they have something similar on each ship relating to entertianment or itinerary... Liberty could host a 70's secret party, a Hawaiian sailing could have a secret luau or something. I know it's something I would buy in to each time I sailed.

We just booked Allure and this caught my eye. What is the price? Does it include snacks? Is it before dinner?

Booked this for our July sailing and the cost was $35/person and it is my understanding it includes drinks and snacks and entertainment.

Good to know, since I went to a Boardwalk Empire party last year. I already got the costume. September Oasis Eastern sailing what other Themes they have. I just booked today. looking on my res it didn't give me the option or I have to wait until closer to cruise date. Great pics.!!!

The P Party is under specialty restaurants and comes "out" about 60 days ahead of sailing...just keep checking back. Also talk it up on your roll call - we had over 30 sign ups from our roll call and immediately got notified when the option to book was available because someone was on the ball. It starts at 1045pm - after dinner hours...we even went to the Ice Show that night beforehand.

The P Party is under specialty restaurants and comes "out" about 60 days ahead of sailing...just keep checking back. Also talk it up on your roll call - we had over 30 sign ups from our roll call and immediately got notified when the option to book was available because someone was on the ball. It starts at 1045pm - after dinner hours...we even went to the Ice Show that night beforehand.

thanks for the info

Wow, this looks like alot of fun.... But, how on earth do you transport the Hats to the ship when traveling by air!!

I just wear it on travel day, then overhead if room if not keep in lap while actuall on plane.

bobj

• 3 months later...

My sister wants to know, what Kind of drinks can she get. or are they the old standard tray things. =brokenglass;32652836]February 16, 2012

I will have to say that the Prohibition Party was one of the highlights to our Allure Cruise!

PRE PARTY:

Brian and I being silly

P1080207.jpg

some of the "crew" waiting to give the password! Fun to see so many people dressed... it added to the atmosphere

P1080219.jpg

THE BAR:

they were also passing out drinks

P1080246.jpg

Its getting started

P1080247.jpg

Jumping Joe! or Rubber Man as his fellow employees call him - he was IN CHARACTER and awesome - added so much fun!

P1080232.jpg

The Band

P1080282.jpg

Brian was talking to Belle - and she said that they could not use the smoke machines to the full extent due to the fact that the singer had pneumonia. But she was still good

OK - will post just a few more to show the atmosphere..... so more to come

Archived