PreCruise Hotel Package-Vancouver

CMcG

Is there any truth to the rumor that Princess has a desk at the Westin Bayshore in Vancouver where you can take care of most of the paperwork before going to Canada Place to board? I thought I read that tidbit somewhere & now can't find it and am afraid I dreamed it!

Also - does anyone know the approximate time of the transfer from Westin Bayshore to Canada Place? I'm hoping to be able to sleep in a bit that morning since the day before will be extremely long.

Appreciate any & all insight into Princess PreCruise Hotel & Transfer that you care to share.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Princess has a desk at the Westin Bayshore in Vancouver where you can take care of most of the paperwork before going to Canada Place to board? I thought I read that tidbit somewhere & now can't find it and am afraid I dreamed it!

Also - does anyone know the approximate time of the transfer from Westin Bayshore to Canada Place? I'm hoping to be able to sleep in a bit that morning since the day before will be extremely long.

Appreciate any & all insight into Princess PreCruise Hotel & Transfer that you care to share.

Do not know the story about a Princess desk in the Westin.

I do know that it takes about 15 minutes to walk from the Westin to the Canada Place terminal. How am I so sure of that? My daugther lives right across the street from the Westin and can watch thier front door from her apartment. It is an easy walk and shouldn't take but a few minutes to get their taxi or shuttle. Have a nice sleep in.

We stayed 2 nights at the Westin Bayshore prior to our Alaska Cruise last summer. It is such a beautiful area you can walk to Stanley Park and we used Hop on Hop off tour bus stops at the hotel to travel faround Vancouver. It is an easy cab to Canada Place only 15 minutes away. We never had breakfast at the hotel as it was very pricey so we found many small coffe shops along the street just outside the hotel for a small breakfast, coffe and muffin or coffee and crepes. It is a lovely choice for a hotel. We booked on Priceline for $125.00 per night.

Thanks everyone!

We're doing the PreCruise Hotel package through Princess so it includes the transfer to Canada Place - don't have to worry about getting there on our own - just not sure if there is any choice about timing.

Appreciate the info that there are less expensive places for breakfast nearby - I'd asked on the West Coast Departures board about places for dinner but forgot about breakfast! :eek:

Breakfast at the Westin was $56. Yikes!! We walked up the hill and found a really nice place for breakfast. We boarded the motor coach at 10:30 a.m. After waiting for a few stragglers, we left at 10:50 a.m. Our driver took the scenic route to the pier, arriving at 11:30 a.m.. We disembarked in an underground garage and walked directly into the terminal. Virtually no other passengers were there. Check-in was an absolute breeze. We dropped our hand luggage and went to the Horizon Court for lunch. While eating, we watched the folks in the queue waiting to board. It was an extremely easy process.

Breakfast at the Westin was $56. Yikes!! We walked up the hill and found a really nice place for breakfast. We boarded the motor coach at 10:30 a.m. After waiting for a few stragglers, we left at 10:50 a.m. Our driver took the scenic route to the pier, arriving at 11:30 a.m.. We disembarked in an underground garage and walked directly into the terminal. Virtually no other passengers were there. Check-in was an absolute breeze. We dropped our hand luggage and went to the Horizon Court for lunch. While eating, we watched the folks in the queue waiting to board. It was an extremely easy process.

Thanks! I'm not a morning person so 10:30 sounds great - I won't have to be up before dawn! I'm hoping the Main Dining Room will be open for lunch. We're thinking about signing up for Chef's Table so hopefully this means we'll have a good chance at making the cut for that.

Yes, sleep in. The check in at the pier is no problem, none at all.

The real problem is the line for security and then another line for U.S customs. I'm not kidding... U.S customs.

The line at Canada Place, for these aforementioned functions, was awful.

Both of these are things that Princess does not control. This occurred with the Diamond and the Zuiderdam both being at Canada Place.

The cruise is worth the wait of an hour or more.

We are doing a precruise tour with Princess in Vancouver. On our Princess personalizer under the itin section it does say that Princess has a desk.

Information: For your convenience, Princess Cruises will maintain a hospitality desk in the hotel lobby during scheduled hours. Here you may obtain information about your Victoria sightseeing schedule, dining options, and transfers. Check-out: Your Princess representative will arrange transportation for you and your luggage to the Vancouver pier.

:):):)

We are doing a precruise tour with Princess in Vancouver. On our Princess personalizer under the itin section it does say that Princess has a desk.

Information: For your convenience, Princess Cruises will maintain a hospitality desk in the hotel lobby during scheduled hours. Here you may obtain information about your Victoria sightseeing schedule, dining options, and transfers. Check-out: Your Princess representative will arrange transportation for you and your luggage to the Vancouver pier.

:):):)

I was waiting for our passports to arrive before dealing with the Personalizer and had only briefly looked at it. No wonder I didn't remember that is where I saw that tidbit! Hubby's should be here in a week or so and I'll begin filling in the Personalizer.

Thanks for letting me know I didn't dream it!

Archived