Suite can't be worth $1k more pp for 14 days

Josie2

DH just saw pix of our CC cabin on Eclipse for Nov and was disappointed. He thought it looked small. Our last few cruises have been Princess or RCCL and we have done mini suites. Celebrity doesn't have minis. We cld upgrade to a sky suite but I can't imagine they are worth an additional $1k per person!? Any thoughts??

DH just saw pix of our CC cabin on Eclipse for Nov and was disappointed. He thought it looked small. Our last few cruises have been Princess or RCCL and we have done mini suites. Celebrity doesn't have minis. We cld upgrade to a sky suite but I can't imagine they are worth an additional $1k per person!? Any thoughts??

The only opinion that matters is what you think. If you have the money and want the extra space, go for it. On this board, people will argue back and forth for days on whether or not a speciality restaurant is worth $40 pp.

All the staterooms on the Eclipse and other S class ships are the same size except for the suites and FV family cabins. The only difference is cabin amenities and whether or not there is window or a veranda and the cabin location. So the CC cabins will be identical size and layout to any standard veranda cabin on the ship.

Whether the suite is worth it or not is a personal decision based on ones expectations and personal budget. I've met cruisers who wouldn't consider cruising in anything less than a suite and I've met others who feel that it is a waste of money to pay for anything other than the least expensive inside cabin. Most of us fall someplace in between these two extremes. That's why they have a selection of cabins available at different price points.

The sky suites on the S Class ships are really very nice, and I believe worth every penny, but it has to fit your budget....sky suites have more space, more closet space, more drawers then any stateroom I have sailed and I have sailed 33 times with Celebrity......now that is alot for some, but I may be new to cruise critic, not new to sailing.....

The bathroom has a tub and shower and the shower has a rain shower and hand held it is wonderful ...............if you can afford I would do a SKY SUITE you will get one FREE night in the specialty dining of your choice...........and suites get all the perks that elite guests, its a perk.

hope that helps

Deborah

Yeah....I feel yeah. Same for us. Typically, we like at least 250 sq feet and 80+ balcony. After more than a dozen cruises, and typically 14+ days, we find we do well in at least that much room.

We are going to try 191 sq feet, which is a bit on the small side. Could care less about a tub...we don't use ours at home, we certainly don't use one on vacation.

I think DH will enjoy a hot breakfast in Blu....for a change.

But 14 nights in under 200 sq feet....yeah, we are a little apprehensive too...but it's a great privledge to have this dielmma, huh?

:-)

I suggested to DH that we spend the $$ instead on the premium alcohol package to help him forget about the size of the room. I will keep watching prices since we have till November.

$2,000 extra for 14 days, that's $150 per day extra. Premium drink package for 2 can run almost $120 per day with the 15 percent they add.

You will get lots of extra perks and the cocktail party has lots of free drinks and you will be invited with a suite.

You will have to tip extra for your personal butler

Oh my what horrible decisions we have to make.

Keep watching the prices. My upcoming Solstice trip was offering a suite GTY for $1249pp last week. When I booked the cruise 6 weeks ago they were over $2000 pp. As time gets closer if they have a lot of available cabins they could possibly drop prices. At that point pay the difference and upgrade yourself!

Tina

Do suites get the same amenities as elite?

Nope.

It "depends".

In a royal suite, we enjoyed ALL elite benefits and then some on a 12 night cruise. In a sky suite, we enjoyed SOME elite benefits on a 7 night cruise.

It "depends".

In a royal suite, we enjoyed ALL elite benefits and then some on a 12 night cruise. In a sky suite, we enjoyed SOME elite benefits on a 7 night cruise.

You are right, it does depend. We were in a RS and didn't receive all of the benefits, just a couple of more invites (bridge, cocktail party...).

But not invited to the evening cocktails. Or the special breakfast.

We are in a S2 starting on Monday. This cruise will take us to Elite. Fingers crossed they let us be Elite a tad early!

I guess there are several aspects to having a suite; more space, extra facilities (bathtub etc) and perks and it depends what's important to you.

We have enjoyed having more space in suites; can't imagine spending a couple of hours reading in a CC cabin but have done that several times in suites. Having a bathtub is nice but not essential and as we're non-drinkers some of the other perks aren't important to us.

We had a CC cabin on Silhouette last September having spent the last three cruises in suites. Did we miss the suite? Not particularly...

You are right, it does depend. We were in a RS and didn't receive all of the benefits, just a couple of more invites (bridge, cocktail party...).

But not invited to the evening cocktails. Or the special breakfast.

We are in a S2 starting on Monday. This cruise will take us to Elite. Fingers crossed they let us be Elite a tad early!

We were in a Celebrity Suite on Infinity for the Panama Canal cruise and received elite benefits. We went to all the elite venues and events just like all other elites. No restrictions at all.

Elites perks for suites are not guaranteed; they are at the discretion of the hotel manager. In general passengers in the Penthouse and Royal Suite usually (but not always) receive Elite perks. Passengers in Celebrity Suites sometimes do. Passengers in Sky Suites almost never receive Elite perks.

Elites perks for suites are not guaranteed; they are at the discretion of the hotel manager. In general passengers in the Penthouse and Royal Suite usually (but not always) receive Elite perks. Passengers in Celebrity Suites sometimes do. Passengers in Sky Suites almost never receive Elite perks.

So will guests in Sky Suites go to that special waiting area, get special passes, etc... Like the stuff you got on your last cruise? Or is that kinda stuff only for PH guest?

Dont think we will ever be able to afford PH (at least for the sailings I am interested in) but could maybe swing a Sky Suite.

I have never cruised in a standard size cabin, but I don't personally think that a Sky Suite is worth the extra money. We are fairly new to cruising and my first cruise was in a mini-suite on Princess. When booking Solstice in 2011, we looked at the Sky suites, but decided to go on up to a Celebrity suite. That was worth it to us! Incidentally we didn't get Elite perks, but I didn't care. I don't drink alcohol, and am not interested in socializing much.

Next time going up to a Royal Suite on Millie in 2 weeks!

You will get lots of opinions about the value of suites. DW and I figure we spend about 2-3 hours a day (on average) in our cabin when we are awake. So when we look at the price of suite and figure the cost per waking hour we do not think its a good way to spend our money. Given a choice we would rather spend the extra money on longer (or more) cruises. We will soon be taking a 62 day cruise in an outside (no balcony) cabin. The cruise line (HA) recently offered us an upsell to a small suite for only $4950 per person and we just laughed! When the rep mentioned we would have a nice verandah and jacuzzi I responded that we might not even be able to use the verandah because of all the cigarette smoke from other verandahs (HA allows balcony smoking).

Hank

Having been in a Minisuite and a skysuite, I personally think that there is more room in the sky suite plus you get a butler. Room stewards in minis are very nice but the butler is extra and, of course, you have to tip him.

Okay, I would go with the Sky suite but that is just me.

Archived