beer and drink prices on NCL?

Great thread!! Helps us budget a bit (of course will need to review pricing next year before our cruise).

As to pricing I work at a resort in Canada and the prices are less than we pay at home, yes if I hop the border into the States prices are cheaper but this is still good pricing for a resort.

Can't beleive I have to wait a year to get my hands on one of those teriffic martinis $12 a pop at home!!!:D:D

• 2 months later...
Here's the bar menu from my January Gem cruise. The beers are listed on the last page. Keep in mind that the menu is not all-inclusive. I'm sure the bar can make all the standard mixed drinks that are not indicated on the menu and probably others if you can give them the recipe. Also, I'm sure that different ships have additional beers available other than the ones listed on the standard menu.

IMG_4109.jpgIMG_4110.jpg

IMG_4111.jpgIMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4113.jpgIMG_4114.jpg

what bar on the gem was this menu from??

I thought all of the bars served the same thing. We seemed to have been charged the same price for our drink no matter which bar we were in.

I thought all of the bars served the same thing. We seemed to have been charged the same price for our drink no matter which bar we were in.

That is correct - the standard bar menu that I posted from the Gem was the same menu that was present in every bar on the ship.

Hi! Just a quick, hopefully simple, question...When you buy the bucket of beers (and thanks to those to said you can mix/match beers - it never even occurred to me that this could be done!), do the beers come opened already? Or will they have their bottlecaps on so they can be brought back to the room for later?

Thanks!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
in the buckets of beer, can you just get things like Smirnoff Ice or other wine cooler things? Also, can you take those to your room etc? Thanks

I am wondering about that too-- maybe get a "his and hers" bucket, like beer and wine coolers...? :confused:

I am wondering about that too-- maybe get a "his and hers" bucket, like beer and wine coolers...? :confused:

we got buckets every night on the Star and mixed the kinds of beers we got but never got wine coolers but we did notice that we were charged more for certain beers.

Instead of getting the bucket for $25 we got them for like $28.

I didn't notice that until we got home and looked at the receipts.

So Im sure they give you whatever you want but it might cost you a little more depending on what you order.

Bill

• 5 months later...

I'd like to add that the martinis are HUGE. So yes, prices are high, but there are always specials during "happy hour" (e.g., 25% off) and they are about 150% the size of a regular martini. Most nights we take advantage of this for pre-dinner cocktails.

A few years ago on the Dawn, we found blueberry beer at the pub. Since the ship stopped at Bar Harbor on the way down to NY, we were intrigued and had to have it. Quite good, dry, not at all too sweet. The best part was the man sitting at the bar to our left. Bartender introduced him to us as the owner of the company that made the blueberry beer. Good thing we liked it! He was on his way down to NYC on a selling trip, to convince local restaurants to carry it. Lost track of him, but hope he's still making that beer!

There are several blueberry and blackberry beers I can name offhand. If it's any of the ones the guys in my family drink, they are reportedly excellent.

DML

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone that has purchased the package. Do you feel it was worth it? If so, how did you use it? (ie: soday during the day, wine at dinner then after dinner drinks)

For those that didn't purchase, did you just budget or about how much did you spend on alcohol on the ship?

• 9 months later...

Any updates to this?

Im going on my first cruise in September 2014 on the Dawn. Going with my parents (I'm 30-something but havent been away with them since I was a kid). They do not drink at all whereas I socially drink. I was disappointed to learn that to buy the drink package would require them to also. So thats not worth it.

• 1 month later...

Any updates? Looking for a bar menu with prices and if anyone purchased the UBP and there experiences. I know that we will need to decide for ourselves; however, it is hard to do, not knowing prices...PLEASE help!! Thank you :) Heading on the NCL Breakaway in August.