Sheraton Fort Lauderdale beach resort

pipeye1

Has anybody stayed here lately? Was going to stay at the ES, But the husband wanted to be by the beach two days before cruise. So I went on priceline and did 4 star beach and ended up with this, Got it for 75 plus taxes a night. I just hope this is a nice place . Thanks for any info:confused:

Any restaurants you can reccomended in walking distance? Can you tell me more about the water taxi? Where does it go? Price? Schedule?

Thanks!

I stayed there in Jan. and it is quite nice. The best thing is the location. The water taxi is across the street and down a little ways by the fire station. I think it is $20 for an all day pass but is worth it if you have never done it before. They give you information about who lives where and is also a way to get to Las Olas Blvd.

Plenty of places to eat with in a short walk. You can also catch the Sun trolly for $1.00 pp that will take you to the Harbor shopping strip or up to Las Olas Blvd.

You got a good deal on the hotel.

Enjoy!

Dave :)

I have stayed there 2-3 times in the past and when it was called Sheraton Yankee Clipper, which I see they have changed the name.

It is a nice hotel. They have a nice Tiki bar by the pool and not far is the beach,

I think you will enjoy it before and after your cruise. Have Fun!

As Ptown posted: Water Taxi is $20.00 for unlimited trips all day. Well worth it and lots of fun. If you don't take one of the express ones, you'll get some fun commentary by the 'guides'.

http://www.watertaxi.com/watertaxi/fort-lauderdale/

There is a place across the street and pretty much right at the Water Taxi stop called Bahia Cabana. Great view of the private yachts sitting at the marina and I've always had great service and good food when I've been.

Sheraton had her massive face-lift and is looking pretty nice (I popped in after lunch at Bahia in December to check her out). They have their own section of the public beach w/chairs and towels available for guests.

Any restaurants you can reccomended in walking distance? Can you tell me more about the water taxi? Where does it go? Price? Schedule?

Thanks!

The Bahia Cabana (a great place for a bite) is a short walk from the hotel...and you can catch the water taxi there as well

Why does this hotel get so many bad reviews.........?????:eek:

Depends on the room you get, I suppose for some. Using PL you will be put in nonview rooms which are not decorated very nicely. Say...cheaply. However the grounds and facilities are nice. Restaruant by the pool is nice for lunch and drinks. Mexican restaurant indoors, not very good and we thought overpriced for what you get. We enjoy the little waterside super casual Bahia Cabana across the street. Start at dusk and enjoy the views as it turns to night.;)

One thing that we thought was very nice when we stayed last Dec. was: On cruise day the lobby seemed crazy. But, once we got outside the hotel employees (including managers) were very organized getting groups for the same cruise ships together for shuttles. We litterally only waited 5 minutes and were in a shuttle on our way to the Oasis of the Seas. I thought they did a great job with that.

So, when you stay pre-cruise. Check out from your room, get your luggage together, and just go to the driveway outside the lobby and let one of the bell hops know where you need to go.

It looks from pictures that there is one building right on the beach, and the other across the road, connected by a bridge - is this true? Are there pools at both buildings, or if you're stuck on the inland side of the road do you have to walk across the bridge for the beach AND the pool?

It looks from pictures that there is one building right on the beach, and the other across the road, connected by a bridge - is this true? Are there pools at both buildings, or if you're stuck on the inland side of the road do you have to walk across the bridge for the beach AND the pool?

yes there are 2 buildings....as for pools, not sure but the website says POOLS with an S as opposed to POOL in the singular....

YUP...google is our friend..

http://www.sheratonftlauderdalebeach.com/features-and-activities/pools/

sounds like 1 on each side to me

One thing that we thought was very nice when we stayed last Dec. was: On cruise day the lobby seemed crazy. But, once we got outside the hotel employees (including managers) were very organized getting groups for the same cruise ships together for shuttles. We litterally only waited 5 minutes and were in a shuttle on our way to the Oasis of the Seas. I thought they did a great job with that.

So, when you stay pre-cruise. Check out from your room, get your luggage together, and just go to the driveway outside the lobby and let one of the bell hops know where you need to go.

How do you reserve the shuttle to the ship? Does the hotel have a shuttle?

How do you reserve the shuttle to the ship? Does the hotel have a shuttle?

The hotel does not have a shuttle.

However, on cruise day there will be several shuttle vans lined up. So, when you come outside you just let one of the bell captains know that you need a shuttle to, for example, the Oasis. They'll put you in a group with others going to the same ship. There are lots of vans, so even though they fill fast, you don't have to wait very long. The vans drop a load off, turn around, and come back to the hotel. The port is close, so its a quick turnaround.

There are actually 3 buildings. The main building,where the main hotel lobby is located along with restaurant, snack shop and a pool. This building is shaped like a V with the pool in the middle. The beach building which is behind the main building and directly on the beach. The beach pool is outside of this building. The building across the street connected by a walkway over the road from the main building. This building overlooks the marina and the Bahia Cabana hotel next door and across the street. You do have to cross over the walkway to get to the pools, the main hotel building and the beach.

Archived