Just Back From the Summit's 4/11-4/22 Sailing!

BocaRoo

Just back and taking a break from sorting the laundry - about 5 loads to be done...

We had a WONDERFUL cruise - excellent in all aspects - and no problems similar to that experienced by "The Admiral..." I'll have to read the whole thread later.

I hope to post an in-depth review in the next few days!

Back to the laundry... :eek:

Hi,

We are just back from this cruise also. Had a great time with all our fellow Cruisecritic gang this trip. Spent many nights in the Martini Bar having pre dinner drinks and getting to meet quite a few of them.

Just a note, the Revelations Lounge is in great shape, no site lines have been removed for the Cirque. All you folks that are worried about viewing from there on Alaska cruises, I think, can put your worries to rest. It was open everyday that we checked in the daytime. The Cirque experience was what we expected it to be, more of a people watching experience than a show from Cirque. The lounge was totally packed for the masked ball, note masks were not required.

We just got back too and loved the cruise!!!! Still catching up on laundry, but will do a review as soon as I get my trip diary out to my family. Then I get to start planning the next cruise! It was really rough doing dishes and actually cooking dinner tonight, especially when DH asked what his appetizer options were and why wasn't there sushi before dinner?? Gabby, we miss you!

We made it back - no thanks to the thundrerstorms in Atlanta that caused a 2 hour sit in a regional jet on the tarmac. A very enjoyable trip made even better by our CC friends. Now we can put some faces to the names we see on the boards. The evenings in the Martini Lounge were great. We got tons of pictures (about 350 actuall) I believe we have one or two more loads for the washer and our laundry will be caught up. Now if we can get used to eating dinner before 8:30 and not being waited on hand and foot !!!!

Thanks everyone !!!

Greetings.... Seems hard to believe that we were boarding the Beautiful Summit two weeks ago today, and now as I write this I am looking out my window to 14 inches of snow........ Not a welcome sight since it is almost May...The only good thing is that it will be near 50 today, so most of it will be gone in a day or two.

Our cruise was probably our best ever.. We so enjoyed meeting many of you from CC, and especially enjoyed the get to gethers in the Martini Bar. I can not say enough good things about the Summit... Service, Food, drinks, decor and ports, and making new friends....made this the best cruise ever.

Hopefully some of us can sail again together sometime ....

Now back to the laundry... UGG.

Bob and Jacque

Is the evening show for the second seating pax scheduled BEFORE their dinner at 7:00 PM or after their dinner around 10 PM.

If it is the former, what time is the show time for the early dinner pax?

I am hoping recent pax can fill me in.

Thanks

Welcome Back to dry land! I'm looking forward to your reviews. We travel next month and can't wait. Can anyone tell me if the Summit charged for ice cream? My dad is curious as someone told him the cruise lines are starting to charge for ice cream at the ice cream bars.

Thanks!

rfrobins - the shows for late seating were really mixed, sometimes before (7:00 or 7:15) and sometimes after (10:45), mostly they seemed to be before. We prefer the show to be after dinner as well, but we did make it to some of the 7:00 shows anyway. When the shows for late seating were at 7:00, the shows for early seating were at 9:00 and when the late show started at 10:45, the early seating show seemed to start at 8:45.

I finally started writing my review, which will be very long, detailed and hopefully, worth the wait! Stay tuned: it should be done in a day or two and I hope it will help future Summit cruisers!

Archived