NCL Pearl, Carnival Breeze or RCL Liberty?

Looking at Spring next year and these are the 3 I have narrowed it down to. The Pearl is 7 days and has alot of amenities and the best part is the 3rd and 4th person rate! Onlly $299! Next is the Breeze which is 6 days but I am not crazy about the port times. Lastly, it is the Liberty. I know this is a RClL board but it is only 5 nights and 2 ports. We usually enjoy ports best but I have not been on a Freedom class boat or better! I like the Pearl best right now since I get 4 ports on a 7 day for about the same as a 5 day. I just wondered about peoples experiences. By the way, we had fun on Carnival so that is not an issue. We love the waterpark!

It sounds like the NCL ship is the best deal, however personally, it would be my last choice because the whole casual freestyle atmosphere does not appeal to me, and reviews of NCL sway me away from them.

We did NOT like our Carnival cruise, although it would be tempting to try their new ship. Reviews state that it has a very crowded feel, and space to passenger ratio is important to me.

So, Liberty would be our first choice. We cruise for the ship, moreso than the ports. RCI's ships are very appealing to us. Service is important to us too, and we have always had wonderful service with RCI (not so for our Carnival cruise).

I have never done NCL but thier suite benefits are awesome. I liked our Carnival cruise but we were in a suite and it had all the things our kids liked, We have done Celebrity so we have done refined service but we like the bells and whilstes of the newer ships! Our kid want more!

We have been on the Pearl and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. Did feel that because they had so many for fee restaurants that the food in the included restaurants was not as good as could be, but still acceptable. Have been on several Carnival cruises, and only 2 RCCL cruises. Quite honestly while the RCCL ships are beautiful, and service good, the food and entertainment on the cruises we have been on has left something to be desired. New menus on Carnival aren't as good as before, but in my mind still a notch above RCCL. If you are into rock climbing, go on RCCL. Otherwise, pick the itinerary you like best of the Carnival and NCL Pearl and go with it.

I LOVED the Liberty, but if it were me I'd choose one of the longer cruises.

I'm personally seriously considering booking the Breeze, and if you know you like Carnival that could be a good option. I've never been on NCL so I can't comment on that ship.

We have been on RC Liberty 3 X's and NCL Pearl 2 X's. Not been on the Carnival ship. We love RC, but it is only 5 days. The Pearl offers a nice product too, and if you like the ports, I would definitely go on the Pearl. 7 days or 5 days? To me, that is a no-brainer! The food was ok on the Pearl. Keep in mind it is a smaller ship than the RC Liberty. Not sure what ships you have been on. We have been on the little ones, and the mega ones. Each will give a different type of cruise vacation. Just know going into the cruise you will be on NCL and try not to compare it to RC. You should have a wonderful cruise on the Pearl for 7 nights! 48 more hours of fun and sun!

The Pearl is a beautiful ship. I loved the freestyle dining, though I did miss the formal night. Seems people are a lot more casually dressed on NCL. The food and service was excellent. We especially LOVE Blue Lagoon where they offer a full menu 24-7. Those wings are awesome!

We did not do the specialty dining, and never felt deprived. We can do specialty dining at home.

I HATE Carnival, and just can't imagine going back. Maybe the newer ships are better, but I just never have developed a liking for their food.

I would go for whatever offered the best price for the most ports and most days. Can you give us the breakdown on your total cost for each sailing and the ports you will visit. That will help us give better advice.

All ships will have some negative and some positive. None of them are perfect.

Can't comment on Carnival, but have been on RCL and NCL--if you are not booking a suite either ship would be great, but NCL has the best suite perks of all of them. The Pearl was awesome and sounds like the price and 7 day might be your best bet!!

Have a great cruise--no matter what you choose!!:D

I am inferring from your post that you have a specific week (ie spring break) for your cruise. If you're flexible, then you could also consider the 8 day itineraries on the Breeze. The renovated Liberty is the largest of the three, the Breeze is the newest and has the 2.0 upgrades included and is much more subdued with its decor than the rest of the Carnival fleet. I personally do not like the anytime dining that NCL offers, so I would steer clear of the Pearl. But you did mention that you liked the fact that it is the longest and it had the cheapest cost for 3rd/4th person in your cabin.

Only you can decide what is most important...the ship, the ports, the cost. If you can do the 8 day Breeze, that would be a slam dunk IMHO, otherwise you need to prioritize what is the most important aspect and base your decision on that.

We have sailed on both NCL and RCCL and much prefer Royal. We were on the Pearl 2 years ago and really disliked the anytime dining. IMHO the service in the MDR was awful. It was our 5th cruise on NCL and found that service was not what it had been. We're back to Royal.

As you can see from my cruise tickers I have one of each booked right now! We truly have no problem sailing with any of them and find them more similar than not. I absolutely love NCL ships and especially the suite perks after having sailed in one last Sept. Wow. Totally different cruise experience. I am also a former lover of traditional dining who is now a big fan of freestyle.

Of the three lines I have always found Carnival's main dining room food to be best (except for that horrible Georges Blanc period 2008 or 9 ish.) Cabins are definitely more spacious.

Royal Caribbean's ships are just stunning and obviously offer a lot more interesting amenities.

From the choices you've given, we'd likely end up on Pearl because of price and itinerary. I'm betting you'll have a great time regardless.

Archived