Celebrity Solstice to Alaska in 2013

CoachT

Huge news! Celebrity Solstice to sail from Vancouver in 2013. Details announced formally on March 13th.

You read it here first!

Hi CoachT,

Sorry, but this Cruise Critic community is very sharp. We've been talking about Solstice to Alaska for a while. Lois mentioned it 2 weeks ago.... and she's the best !!!

If you want to take a look at one of my predictions, check this Solstice Alaska post from May 2011 .

Hi CoachT,

Sorry, but this Cruise Critic community is very sharp. We've been talking about Solstice to Alaska for a while. Lois mentioned it 2 weeks ago.... and she's the best !!!.

Ok Well I am first to post it will be released definitively on March 13th. :p

Are you guys sure that she is not sailing from Seattle to replace Infinity?

Hi Sanjoseca,

Odds are decent Solstice will be sailing from Seattle, as she's replacing Infinity, but Seattle is unconfirmed. We'll have to wait for next week's announcement.

Hi,

Celebrity's announcement, now a few days old already, confirms Solly

will do Alaska sailings for the 2013 season. It does not say from where.

'' S '' class ships will not clear the main entrance to the Port of Vancouver : the Lions Gate Bridge. So, it will be Seattle-based, and indeed ( as mentionned earlier on this thread a well as many others on the subject ) will replace Infy ( headed for Southampton UK for the 2013 spring-summer-fall season.).

I would suggest Solly's itineraries will closely parallel Infy's 2012 sailings.

Now...about raising the Lions Gate bridge......sorry....

Cheers

Hi Sanjoseca,

Odds are decent Solstice will be sailing from Seattle, as she's replacing Infinity, but Seattle is unconfirmed. We'll have to wait for next week's announcement.

Unless my source misspoke, she clearly said Vancouver.

Great to hear the Solstice will be doing Alaska in 2013. Hope they consider having her there for the 2014 season as well as that's when I plan on doing Alaska

VERY likely, as she , theorically, ia slated to go right back DownUnder for the fall/winter/spring 2013-14..and, unless they then do a reverse of her upcoming repo this fall from Barcelona , thru Suez Canal, Asia, then Australia/NewZealand, she would come back to the WestCoast spring 2014.

JMHO

Well, so much for the letter......It also says Equinox is sailing from Barcelona summer 2013. The letter should read Celebrity Century for AK.

As I dialed the number for the Capt's Club I got the email from Dan with all the bells and whistles email about Europe and Alaska ..

I brought the mistake to the attention of the young lady that answered... we got a chuckle about the Equinox being in two places at once.

Archived