Victory Review Feb. 26-Mar 4

Loved, loved, loved your review. I'm interested in the ATV's thing you did in St. Maarten? How much? Where? etc? lol. I apologize if I missed it in your review. Were they safe? Could you just meander around the beaches and park and swim?

We rented the ATVs through RAS tours. They were within walking distance of the port at St. Martin, although they arranged to have someone pick us up so we wouldn't get lost. (we walked back to the ship when we were done). We were free to go wherever we wanted on the island. We saw quite a bit.

The rental required a down payment..I believe it was approximately $18..we paid the balance of $68 when we arrived. They took cash or credit cards. Had a blast. And yes, I thought they were safe. Just like any 4-wheeler at home, etc.

HEY BRENDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back! Happy belated Birthday and sounds like you had a great time on the Victory (I too love the 'aquarmarine' colors! - except for the 'biting seahorses :) )

I don't do well on catamarans either and after a couple of 'bad experiences' I avoid them - I do great on cruiseships tho :D:D

Great review and lovely pics and I am jealous of your pic with Freddy - no sign of him on my last cruise - so will have to find him on the next one! :)...and TWO ships on a stick - YOU GO GIRL!

HEY BRENDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back! Happy belated Birthday and sounds like you had a great time on the Victory (I too love the 'aquarmarine' colors! - except for the 'biting seahorses :) )

I don't do well on catamarans either and after a couple of 'bad experiences' I avoid them - I do great on cruiseships tho :D:D

Great review and lovely pics and I am jealous of your pic with Freddy - no sign of him on my last cruise - so will have to find him on the next one! :)...and TWO ships on a stick - YOU GO GIRL!

Hey Frouf!!!!!!!!

Thanks for looking at my review. Miss talking to ya in the chat room :(

Maybe one of these days we will end up on the same cruise!!!:D

Hey Frouf!!!!!!!!

Thanks for looking at my review. Miss talking to ya in the chat room :(

Maybe one of these days we will end up on the same cruise!!!:D

That would be AWESOME! (watch out Freddy ha ha ha :) )

• 2 weeks later...
Enjoyed reading your review and seeing the photos. We're sailing on the Victory in three weeks and cannot wait to see these islands. Thanks for sharing your cruise with us.

No problem, glad you enjoyed it. I hope you have a great time on Victory and at the ports! Enjoy! :cool:

• 1 month later...

Anytime I go on an excursion (or a cruise itself for that matter) that involves a boat, I take a few Ginger Root capsules along. Start feeling sick and one usually does it for me. I can't take Dramamine and have found it must not be as effective anyway. I've given many Ginger Root capsules to people who were taking Dramamine and not getting any relief.

Ginger Root evens stops morning sickness when pregnant. Try it sometime. Available at any drugstore or anywhere that sells vitamins.

I also take Ginger Root! I think it works great.

However, did not take ginger root before our snorkel excursion in Barbados --:eek:-- the ginger root was back in the cabin and here I was out on the excursion, in a small catamaran! So sick! Sucked! Shucks! LOL

• 1 month later...
We finally got back to the ship, and soon enough it was time to meet for dinner. I am sorry, but I don't have photos of any of the food. And I don't remember what I had for dinner each night. I will say that mostly I tend to stick with the vegetarian options. I found all of these meals to be good. The Indian vegetarian meal one night was especially good. For dessert, three of the nights I had the diet option (sugar-free). These are always good. I have never been disappointed with these.

After dinner, I went to the Lido Deck to try to find some of the people who were on the Roll Call. I was late due to the fact that we were still eating our dinner at the pre-arranged time, but I still managed to meet a few of the people. They were very nice and I always enjoy meeting new people. So that was fun.

Then, time for the muster drill. Boring, but necessary. So we suffered through it.

Then, the sailaway party!! (sorry, thought I had a photo, but it is a video and I cannot post it here)

I can tell you that we were not up late. Probably in bed by 11. Totally exhausted from walking around the forts, and the trip and all!

Hi, we will be going on the Victory next January! Thank you so much for posting your review. I see that you are going to be travelling to Canada next month. You will be visiting my neck of the woods! I hope you have a great time in the Maritimes!!! The weather should be great here that time of year.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, we will be going on the Victory next January! Thank you so much for posting your review. I see that you are going to be travelling to Canada next month. You will be visiting my neck of the woods! I hope you have a great time in the Maritimes!!! The weather should be great here that time of year.

You are welcome, sorry it took me so long to reply to this post, lol, just now found it.

We will have great time, and - to make it even better - we will have a personal tour guide in Saint John (tentatively). A neighbor and friend is from Saint John and is trying to arrange for her sister to meet us and show us around! How cool is that!!! Can't wait!!:D

You are welcome, sorry it took me so long to reply to this post, lol, just now found it.

We will have great time, and - to make it even better - we will have a personal tour guide in Saint John (tentatively). A neighbor and friend is from Saint John and is trying to arrange for her sister to meet us and show us around! How cool is that!!! Can't wait!!:D

Have a great time Brenda!!! Can't wait to hear all about it! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Great review and pics!! I want to do this itinerary next year October for my BF birthday. They changed the ship to Valor though, I will have to read some reviews on the Valor.

I think October would be a great time for the cruise, especially late October (later would be better, I think hurricane chance lessens further out in October).

I have not been on the Valor, but am sure it would be just as nice. The itinerary is great - you will love it. If you decide to go, please do a review of your own when you return. Enjoy!!!

Archived