McDonalds on board

Almost as ridiculous as McDonalds, no I take that back just as ridiculous:rolleyes::rolleyes: And I'm serious:rolleyes:

I really don't need any fast food place onboard, but think that a somewhat healthier option may not be a bad idea...Subway/Schlotzky's type.

I'm going to have to go with no thank you!

However, wouldn't mind a White Castle (as there are none where I live)

I do have to say that on our very first cruise (such newbies) we did eat at a Wendys :o we have moved up from that - but still find it funny

Like Montana, Colorado doesn't have White Castle, Krystal, or Steak n' Shake. We can get the frozen sliders, but they're not the same. Culver's is the closest taste we can get to Steak n' Shake. Though I must say that Five Guys and Smashburger are both pretty good, but still not the greasy little square burgers with the steamed onions. Would prefer a White Castle over Krystal, though.

Discovered this thread by accident. Perhaps there could be a Golden Arches Line (must have been suggested already).

I did a land based tour of Europe with a mixed group that included a couple who were collecting Maccas around the world. Not to eat at each - mainly to take photographs E.g. posing in front of Maccas Vienna (where the coffee was better than usual). The group entered into the spirit of the project and our city orientation tour always included a drive past a Maccas - if there was one - and a photo opportunity for the couple to pose.

Ate my first Maccas meal for ten years last week and can report that it still tastes the same. Not sure I would call it quality control.

Colleen

I try and never eat or drink things at the ports of call if I can help it... unless there is lots of alcohol in the drink. Alcohol kills everything. At least that is what I tell myself when sipping on them :D

t.

You are greatly missing out on some awesome food then!! I understand your concern about parasites and what not but if you are smart about it, then there is no need to worry. Tip don't buy fruit from a fruit stand and drink bottled water of course, etc. But a nice local restaurant will clean their food properly and buy good local ingredients or have them shipped in if not available.

As an american living in Africa, you probably think that I would have tons of bugs, it is just about being smart with food and where I eat.

Also get recommendations on the ports of call threads where are good places to eat.

I think food is generally 50% of experiencing a local culture and definitely one my favorite things to do.

I really don't need any fast food place onboard, but think that a somewhat healthier option may not be a bad idea...Subway/Schlotzky's type.
The ships have heart healthy menus, and healthy food in the solarium. So again IMHO another horrible idea, sorry......

The ships have heart healthy menus, and healthy food in the solarium. So again IMHO another horrible idea, sorry......

Just out of curiosity, and not being sarcastic, but is there an alternative that you would prefer? Agree about the healthy alternatives.

The way things are changing on the cruise lines we will be paying extra for all the food soon. The ships are getting bigger and bigger so they can put in more specialty restaurants.

I think they're having to to keep cruise fares low.

I get so sick of fast food and any more it dont taste good no fast food. Now I would like to see a Wolfgang Puck, Gordon Ramses, Micheal Simon would be interesting to see

That sounds reasonable to me! I don't really care too much for fast food either - all of the greasy, fried food seems to get really nasty after a while. Fast food has it's place as an occasional treat, but to live off of it? No thanks. Or maybe an Emeril's would be good?

Archived