Brugge/Brussels in one day - all-aboard time?

Hi -

We are in Zeebrugge June 3 from 8-6. I have read about taking the shuttle to Blankenberge and catching a train. I checked out the times and it looks like it would be doable to do both Brugge and Brussels if we only wanted a couple hours in each city (some in our group have been to both places already). The problem is the all-aboard time. Will it be 5:00 if departure is at 6:00? The closest-time train coming back (from either city) gets in at 4:49. I was wondering if others taking the train in from Brugge would be on that particular train or if they would take the one that arrives an hour earlier.

I wasn't sure if the shuttle left every 15 minutes on the quarter hour or what? If so, that would get us on the ship at 5:15. Is that cutting it too close?

Thanks!

I would think all aboard would be 30 min prior to sailaway depending on the ship though

But catching the last train could be a disaster in the making..what if the train is full ...maybe ok for Bruges you could catch a taxi but not from Brussels

If you do plan to do both go to Brussels first then if you are running late just go directly to the port

You will never know what other passengers will be doing ;)

For our all aboard time of 5.30pm the last shuttle bus from Blankenberge back to the ship was at 4.30pm. The journey is approximately 20 minutes.

So the train coming back in at 4.49 pm would mean you would have to get a taxi from the train station back to the ship, so you might as well get a taxi back straight from Bruges itself.

Make sure you have plenty of Euros on you.

sorry I do not recommend to do both Bruges and Brussels on same day:

There is so much to see in Bruges and it is a city that you must see by walking around taking your time.

In Brussels you only will have time to see the Grand Place (market square)

Also: very important these days: trains in Belgium are not always on time so delays for return could happen.

So just enjoy Bruges and come back another time for Brussels and Antwerp and Ghent!!

Archived