How do you split your onboard charges between 2 rooms?

Sorry if this is confusing, I'm just trying to figure it all out.

We have 2 connecting rooms, one for us and one for the kids. Each room has it's own OBC. How do you make sure you get your tips and onboard charges split between the rooms to use up your credit and not go over on one room and still have some left on the other? Carnival says that the OBC from ES is not refundable at the end of your cruise.

TIA - Liz

We have 2 connecting rooms, one for us and one for the kids. Each room has it's own OBC. How do you make sure you get your tips and onboard charges split between the rooms to use up your credit and not go over on one room and still have some left on the other? Carnival says that the OBC from ES is not refundable at the end of your cruise.

TIA - Liz

OBC from ES has always been listed as refundable OBC on my cruises and I have received a check at the end of the cruise when I didn't use it all.

TIA - Liz

If both rooms are tied to the same account-it doesn't matter. OBC will show for the entire account and charges will be removed from that account. At least that was how NCL did our rooms and I'm sure most cruiselines do it pretty much the same way.

Onboard credit will be distributed per each person's card - each person will receive their separate amount.

Tips will be charged per each person's card - each person will pay their separate tips.

* even though they are all charging back to the same credit card *

Spending - drinks, shopping, etc, will charge to the person's card used during the purchase.

Only potential problem I see is: let's say, Susie is 4 years old. I don't think you'll be able to use her card to buy a beer :eek:.

Onboard credit will be distributed per each person's card - each person will receive their separate amount.

Tips will be charged per each person's card - each person will pay their separate tips.

* even though they are all charging back to the same credit card *

Spending - drinks, shopping, etc, will charge to the person's card used during the purchase.

Only potential problem I see is: let's say, Susie is 4 years old. I don't think you'll be able to use her card to buy a beer :eek:.

But if its all on the same credit card, it will be one big account and the OBC will be drawn down for any purchases that come in, including tips.

Wouldnt matter which card the charges went against if there is only one charge card

Archived