boarding the Enchantment

Hi!

I will be cruising on the Enchantment May 31st....need info on boarding.

What I would like to know is....who much walking is it to board the ship ramp wise - are they steep....just wondering if a wheel chair would be needed - I have a bad hip and knee from a car accident.

Hi!

What I would like to know is....who much walking is it to board the ship ramp wise - are they steep....just wondering if a wheel chair would be needed - I have a bad hip and knee from a car accident.

Very steep use a wheelchair

Hi!

The new ramp at the Port of Baltimore that Enchantment uses for boarding is graduated from dock level to Deck 4 in a zig zag design. I would contact RCI and ask if you can have wheel chair assistance for boarding purposes where you will be taken to Deck 2 for boarding.

Hi!

In December I noticed that anyone who looked like the would have difficulty using the zig zag ramp was directed to use the gangway on deck 1. For departure morning, there was someone stationed at the exit telling people if they didn't think they could walk down the ramp they could take the elevator to deck 1 and use the gangway.

For safety reasons, they would certainly preferr everyone to use the zig zag ramp than cross the pavement on the active peir, but I remember I they had a "crossing guard" stationed near the gangway to stop the forklifts, trucks, etc.. to safely allow guests to cross the pavement into the terminal and vice versa.

Have a great cruise!

I would bring my own Folding Manual Wheelchair or a travel mobility scooter, because:

1 if you will have trouble getting on the ship, you will also have trouble getting around the ship

2 There are a limited number of wheelchairs to help you get on & off the ship. And you may wait a long time for your turn.

3 Air lines can not charge for wheel chairs or mobility scooters,

Personally, I don't think the ramp is particularly steep, but it is a long way up a constant gradient. I saw quite a few people having to rest on the way up when boarding in December.

There's a photo of it in this post from my review - unfortunately retracted as we were about to leave, but you can see it is in several sections. http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31772928&postcount=2

Enjoy your cruise once you get on board :)

Archived