55000 passengers Saturday at Port Everglades

Archaegeo

What did I get myself into???

Booked the cruise without even thinking aboit the date.

St Patrick's day, height of spring break, march madness week, and port Everglades says they plan to break their world record saturday

Eeeek.

What did I get myself into???

Booked the cruise without even thinking aboit the date.

St Patrick's day, height of spring break, march madness week, and port Everglades says they plan to break their world record saturday

Eeeek.

Better you than me lol :D Good luck

Hi,

you probably will be OK. Port Everglades is a busy place but they are used to that.

They had over 50,000 on Nov 26, 2011.

And at no time there will be all of the passengers ...... as some are coming off the ships and leaving the port ....... new passengers are coming in to replace them.

Probably for the port it is going to be just another day to make some money.

:eek: OMG, that is going to be a crazy day.

Thankfully we are leaving next Thursday and returning the following Monday so no weekend crowds.

Key thing is keeping a smile on your face knowing you be going cruisin':)

Might be a bit more traffic at the gates entering the port, and maybe taxis might be a bit of a wait. But a terminal is a terminal and once inside the port, it won't be any different than if your particular ship was the only one in port.

Why? Because a smart hotel owner in Florida knows how to make money to make up for the rest of the year when we don't have tourists..

And posters here wonder why hotel rates are so high this year! The city has a $$$$$$ windfall with all the new mega ships.

Might be a bit more traffic at the gates entering the port, and maybe taxis might be a bit of a wait. But a terminal is a terminal and once inside the port, it won't be any different than if your particular ship was the only one in port.

I'm sure the port was able to handle it but the airport this morning was something else! We landed at 9:20 and the line for the check-in counters/kiosks for Spirit was out the door. When my brother picked us up he said he'd never seen so many buses (I figure cruise ship transfers) - they were blocking the airport road. He ended up picking us up on the departure level -- otherwise we probably wouldn't have gotten out of the airport until lunch! We did drive home over the 17th Street drawbridge -- all those beautiful ships was quite a sight.

Archived