How the Heck Do You Get Upgrades???

tweeteybird88

How the Heck Do You Get Upgrades??  

213 members have voted

1. 1. How the Heck Do You Get Upgrades??

• Book a Guarantee Cabin -- in the hopes of an automatic upgrade
    • Just Ask!
    • Cruise the Same Line Often -- loyalty perks
    • Cruise Different Lines Often -- lines will court new passengers and offer upgrades
    • I'm Feeling Lucky -- no rhyme or reason to it
    • Get Cruise Line Branded Credit Cards -- offer perks like upgrades and onboard credit
    • Book During Off Peak Times -- more likely to get an upgrade when ships are not full
    • Take a Luxury Cruise -- all of those cabins are "upgrades" anyway

We were moved once on a Celebrity ship.

They had moved us from forward to midship which is considered an upgrade, but we were NOT happy. We much preferred the location of our first cabin and our luggage didn't arrive until almost 8 pm the first night(and had to cancel our reservation in a speciality restaurant as we had only our traveling clothes). That experience alone is why we don't even look at Celebrity anymore.

Voted: go on a luxury line

Wow! You'll never sail on Celebrity because your luggage didn't get to your cabin until 8pm. Wow!

Once we were visited by the 'upgrade fairy'. During check in after final payment, I noticed that we had a different cabin #. Upon investigation, I found out that Princess moved us from one balcony stateroom to a different one with a larger, partially covered/partially open balcony stateroom mid-ship!!! A more expensive category, for no additional $s and not requested by us!!!!!

We would've enjoyed the balcony more had we not had rain almost every day!! :mad: ; however that was not the fault of Princess!

• 2 months later...

In 7 cruises, we got one upgrade from inside to outside, but the cruise was not full; probably 85% occupancy and we got to the port at 12:30 PM.

I have heard that certain high volume TA customers get first consideration, but if the cruise is full in high season, the math says what you reserve is what you get.

We got upgraded once. On a British Isles cruise on the Crown Princess.

We got to our cabin, but the card wouldn't open the lock. That's when we were told we had been upgraded. We and our luggage were directed from Deck Five to Deck Eight, where we get to the very front of the ship and see blocks of inside rooms. I was getting seriously peed off because I had selected the Deck Five inside with care. Then the stewart ushers us to a room which the same sweeping panoramic view that the captain sees. We loved the cabin, although it seemed to be smaller than usual.

That British Isles is one of our top memories, thanks to that wonderful upgrade. Why it happened, who knows?

O.K., I know the secret and I will share with you because I know you will keep it to your self, right?

A couple of years ago my Brother-In-Law got this from his good drinking buddy who got it from a Lady who spent a lot of time in the bar with him.

You leave a Lolly Pop out by your Computer and it will attract the Up Grade Fairy. Of course you have to figure out what flavor the Up Grade fairy likes. :D

Bob