Can I ask how you know how many and which cabins are still available on a cruise?

No way to know. Some websites show up to about 15 staterooms available per category, but they are travel agent websites, so Cruise Critic policy prohibits anybody from providing information about them. No website shows all availability and even if one knows there are eight rooms in a category, one does not know if there are unassigned guaranteed staterooms and/or travel agents holding unsold group space.

ok thanks, in another thread a poster seemed very clued up about how many cabins in each category were still available.

I don't suppose you know how much cocktails cost onboard cruises out of Barcelona? :D

You can always make a reservation online. As long as you don't complete it, you will not be charged. You can select the cabins, and then select change your cabin. This will show you how many cabins in a particular category are available.

Even by booking online. My experience is that online, many times, they only show the decks they want to sell. You can go in later or the next day and see other available decks and cabins. It might be RC updating their web site as well.

RCI site maxes out at 16 cabins. But I have counted up to 60 available using the web site with the Gnome (Travel O'City, if still in St. Paddy's mode) and doing a fake booking all the way to the cabin selection level. It shows deck plans and location of available ones.

Archived