Box wine

Hm... That's interesting. 1.5 liters is two bottles. If I'm correct, Carnival typically allows 2 bottles per person (or 4 bottles for 2 people). So if you can only bring 1.5 liters in a box per 2 people, you are bringing less.

Most boxes are 4 x 750ml bottles/box. I had hoped to bring one for my boyfriend and I to share for the duration of the cruise...

Thanks!

Hm... That's interesting. 1.5 liters is two bottles. If I'm correct, Carnival typically allows 2 bottles per person (or 4 bottles for 2 people). So if you can only bring 1.5 liters in a box per 2 people, you are bringing less.

Most boxes are 4 x 750ml bottles/box. I had hoped to bring one for my boyfriend and I to share for the duration of the cruise...

Thanks!

Now you are helping me out..I wasn't sure how much a box was...so now I think I should call again and question this. Hmm. I'm not sure the carnival reps always know what they are talking about.

Thanks!

The limits listed above are incorrect. Carnival allows up to 750ml per person or 1 bottle per person which ever is less. I once could only find mini-bottles on my way to the cruise terminal from the airport so I bought two 325ml bottles per person for a total of 4 of these little bottles for my sister and I. When I arrived at the ship Carnival confiscated 2 of the bottles and told me the above information.

Don't laugh... Some pretty good wines come in boxes these days!

Has anyone brought a box on board? It stays fresh longer than a bottle, and is perfect if you just want a glass in the cabin. Will they treat this like a bottle?

Thanks!

Put box wine in your check bags, but remove it from the box. The wine bladder won't show up on X-rays, but a box will ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now you are helping me out..I wasn't sure how much a box was...so now I think I should call again and question this. Hmm. I'm not sure the carnival reps always know what they are talking about.

Carnival Reps being misinformed....nooo...

We will taking boxed wine on board with us! I called Carnival and they said you can take up to 1.5 liter box if sharing between 2 people. Must be in carry on. :)

Well good luck with this.....the Carnival reps that gave you that advice aren't the shoreside agents that are going to be searching your carry on, and in my experience and that of my friends you have virtually no chance of being allowed to carry on boxed wine.

They wouldn't even let my sister and I carry on one 1.5L bottle even though we let them search both bags.

You might try taking the bag out of the box and putting in a shoe or something like that in your checked luggage, but that is likely not to work either.

If you really want to end up with cheaper wine on board then stick with what works every time.....one 750ml bottle per person.

Well good luck with this.....the Carnival reps that gave you that advice aren't the shoreside agents that are going to be searching your carry on, and in my experience and that of my friends you have virtually no chance of being allowed to carry on boxed wine.

They wouldn't even let my sister and I carry on one 1.5L bottle even though we let them search both bags.

You might try taking the bag out of the box and putting in a shoe or something like that in your checked luggage, but that is likely not to work either.

If you really want to end up with cheaper wine on board then stick with what works every time.....one 750ml bottle per person.

Goes in our checked luggage and so far never a problem.

My MIL took several "Bandits" with her. They are small pouches of wine that are the equivilant of 4 glasses of wine. She bought them in the wine section of our grocery store. A standard bottle holds 6 glasses. She put one or two in each checked bag and had no problem. Probably because they don;t look like wine or other type of can or bottle.

Put box wine in your check bags, but remove it from the box. The wine bladder won't show up on X-rays, but a box will ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything "shows up" on X-rays. Whether or not the security personnel interpret the image as a wine bladder is a different question.

Edited by LMDaddy

Goes in our checked luggage and so far never a problem.

You've been really lucky and must not sail out of Galveston very often......they are brutal down here........and it's more no go than go amongst my cruising friends......

You've been really lucky and must not sail out of Galveston very often......they are brutal down here........and it's more no go than go amongst my cruising friends......

East coast, NY and Florida. Only cruise out of places we can drive too.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm cruising out of Miami next week.. debating as to whether to put one in my checked bag and the other in my carry on.. or bring them both in my carry on. Its my husband and me...the 1 liter bottle looks equivalent to a regular sized wine bottle.. 750 ml. I am flying in to MIA morning of the cruise and don't want to make the taxi stop to get wine so this seemed like a good idea.. Check it through on my flight..and then put it in my carry one. I already ordered three bottles from BV, but I wanted the extra. I printed out the wine policy from the Carnival website and taped it to the bottles... What are my chances getting the 1 liter bottles through... ya think????

We have put 3L or 5L boxes of wine in checked bags each of last 5 cruises (Miami, Tampa, FLL, Port Canaveral).......never had a problem until our last cruise on the Dream out of Port Canaveral.....3 sep cabins, 6 checked bags, 6 boxes of wine....only 1 was confiscated and we had to go to the security office to claim our bag......

As I understand it, they are very strict on the limit of 1-750mL bottle in carry on....so I wouldn't try anyhting extra in carry on....

Leaving on the Pride on Sunday, and I fully intend on bringing a 5L box in my CHECKED bag....have read on here that people have had NO problems getting it through...Keeping my fingers crossed, but I need my Franzia Sangria!!!!!:D:D:D