Box wine

Hubby wants to bring water on board and I want to bring 2 bottles of wine. Is that permitted?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

You are allowed a 12 pack of up to 20 oz of non alc beverages (soda, water, juice, etc) in carry on/pp and one bottle of wine in carry on/pp. Hence, you can drink your DH'es wine and he can drink your water! :D;)

Hubby wants to bring water on board and I want to bring 2 bottles of wine. Is that permitted?

I've never seen them try to assign bottles of wine to people; two bottles, two people, off you go. Remember they usually have a whole line of people waiting to go through security. They don't typically get too particular unless you give them a reason to do so.

BTW, good idea to review Carnival's website where they discuss this stuff: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

I've never seen them try to assign bottles of wine to people; two bottles, two people, off you go. Remember they usually have a whole line of people waiting to go through security. They don't typically get too particular unless you give them a reason to do so.

BTW, good idea to review Carnival's website where they discuss this stuff: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

Yea, it is really hit and miss. I always cruise from Manhattan. A couple of times I brought a 4L JUG of wine in my carry on. It was wrapped. All I did was unwrap the very top to show them the screw top and off I went to the gangway. A few other times I had the "regulation size" bottle of wine and they took it out, unwrapped and inspected it like it was a nuclear weapon. You just never know...:eek:

Put the bladder in a zip lock. Break down the box and reassemble once in your cabin. :) So simple. No laughing here. Fine wine does now come in boxes. :)

What fine wines are you referring to? No, I am serious, not trying to be a pill... Or if anyone else wants to chime in as well. We are partial to red wines. Never seen a good cab available in a box before at least at the supermarket.

I always wondered about bottled wines how long they are good for. I have some wines in a cupboard I bought years ago and forgot I had...don't know if they are still drinkable. :confused::confused:

I'm no expert about wines, but here's some info:

http://www.eatbydate.com/drinks/alcohol/wine-shelf-life-expiration-date/

Also: http://www.winetrail.com/agingwine.html

While some wines will "mature" and become better over time, others will not and should be drunk immediately, or within a few years. Eventually all wine will "go over the hill," so even the wines meant to be kept for many, many years should be drunk before its too late.

Very interesting. TY for that! I am BIG on expiration dates. Most food items have them now and I write the date on the side of the can with a marker and actually put it on my calendar! But not sure about wine. I guess I should make note of when I bought it, but then, who knows how long it sat on the shelf in the store. Sometimes we are invited to a last minute get together and I grab a bottle of wine to take as a "hostess gift" and then think: crikey, when did I buy this and I hope it is still good! :eek:

What fine wines are you referring to? No, I am serious, not trying to be a pill... Or if anyone else wants to chime in as well. We are partial to red wines. Never seen a good cab available in a box before at least at the supermarket.

Try Black Box. Very good. Many Aussie wines are available in boxes, and they are also good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
Black Box moscato is great! Actually all of the Black Box wines are great!

I have never looked for Moscato in a box, is this one good and is it readily available? Say in Tampa?

I have a sparkling Moscato I LOVE but I know that would never be in a box.

I am doing a B2B so I would be allowed 2 bottles, 1 for each sailing. My friend is joining for the second leg. Would I be able to show the boarding pass and bring on 3 bottles? She is flying in and coming right to the port, I will be in the day before the start of the B2b

I have never looked for Moscato in a box, is this one good and is it readily available? Say in Tampa?

I have a sparkling Moscato I LOVE but I know that would never be in a box.

I am doing a B2B so I would be allowed 2 bottles, 1 for each sailing. My friend is joining for the second leg. Would I be able to show the boarding pass and bring on 3 bottles? She is flying in and coming right to the port, I will be in the day before the start of the B2b

I live in Illinois, most liquor stores in my area carry it. A few grocery stores might have it, but usually only 2 or 3 of the varieties.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Maybe the foil mylar bags but even the 2 mil clear plastic film? How do you know that?

I operate an x-ray every day. Everything shows up on the xray. It just depends on how well the operator is trained, how experienced they are, how good they are at interpreting the image, and whether they are paying close attention to the image (or care). Things don't just become invisible because they're thin, lol. Plus, they still have a nozzle, just like the rum runners, so that's probably what tips the operator off.

A friend Had problems bringing though in checked baggage. It was their anniversary and her sister wrapped up the box as a gift. The suitcase was xrayed and security couldn't tell what it was. They were notified to come to the naughty room but convinced them that they had no idea what it was. They managed to keep it. Next time, carry on!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Sent from my iPod

Anyone try this on the Pride?

I did this on my last cruise on the Pride last year. I have also on the Freedom and the Breeze out of FL.

I brought on boxed wine in my checked luggage.

I took the bladder out of the box and put it in a huge plastic zip lock bag I got at Target.

I crushed down the box and packed it. Once I got it in my cabin I reassembled the box and put the bladder back in.

Don't laugh... Some pretty good wines come in boxes these days!

Has anyone brought a box on board? It stays fresh longer than a bottle, and is perfect if you just want a glass in the cabin. Will they treat this like a bottle?

Thanks!

What we have done with our boxed wine is take the plastic bladder out of the box, and then fold the box and pack both in our luggage. Once in the room, we put the bladder back in the box. It worked great for us. :D

I just took three little boxes of Black Box Wine that equaled the amount of oz. we flew so in checked bags while flying then put them in carryon for boarding the ship. (Breeze) no problems. Left the boxes as is and put them in zip lock bags. So much cheaper and easier then buying when there. Only had to grab bottle water and soda by port.

We have always driven to Galveston and gone out of that port. In September we are flying to Miami and sailing on the Glory. We have always carried wine but can't since we are flying. I am going to try to take box wine, out of the box, and put it in my checked luggage. Wish me luck;)

In my experience, it is correct only 1 750ml bottle per person in carry on. A 1.5L box wine is equal to 2 bottles. The majority of the time they check your carry on and they often have allowed 1 box for 2 people (since it is the same as each person bringing on 1 bottle).

I have taken the pouch out of the box and placed it in a ziplock bag and put it in my checked luggage. No problems there.

In addition, we each carry a bottle in our carry on of our favorite "special" wines.

Don't laugh... Some pretty good wines come in boxes these days!

Has anyone brought a box on board? It stays fresh longer than a bottle, and is perfect if you just want a glass in the cabin. Will they treat this like a bottle?

Thanks!