Med Itineraries now up (IND and ADV), Prices REDICULOUS!!!!!

Your graduating in 2013? and Looking at the Independance, $799 for a transatlantic, thats pretty cheap, but not the ship I'm looking to do.

Man, I wish! But it's high school and graduation is most likely June 11th. I would love a transatlantic. All those sea days.... :cool:

I'm really waiting for the transatlantic sailing westbound out of the UK in August or September to open up. I just wanted to look at 2013 Europe pricing for what has been released so far. WOW!! If they can get those fares, good for them, but as much as I love cruising, I'll look for a different vacation before i pay that.

I'm really waiting for the transatlantic sailing westbound out of the UK in August or September to open up. I just wanted to look at 2013 Europe pricing for what has been released so far. WOW!! If they can get those fares, good for them, but as much as I love cruising, I'll look for a different vacation before i pay that.

Right!? That's what I'm saying!

I've been scouting all the boards, so far nothing caught my eye, what cruises are you looking for?

I'm eyeing the Italian Mediterranean itineraries, specifically the one on the Independence.

Southampton, England

At Sea

At Sea

Gibraltar, United Kingdom

At Sea

Provence (Toulon), France

Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy

Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

Ajaccio, Corsica

At Sea

Cadiz, Spain

Lisbon, Portugal

Vigo, Spain

At Sea

Southampton, England

No, it doesn't because I don't want to sail on the Legend. For the itinerary I would be looking at on the Sunshine, the Independence is 116% more expensive (almost $1500 pp more).

Pass and pass. Indy's way overpriced (IMHO) and you'd have to pay me to go on the Carnival DestinySunshine.

I hope the Summer Europe / Greek Isles cruises aren't this overpriced. If they are, I'll likely do mine on another line.

I'm eyeing the Italian Mediterranean itineraries, specifically the one on the Independence.

Southampton, England

At Sea

At Sea

Gibraltar, United Kingdom

At Sea

Provence (Toulon), France

Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy

Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

Ajaccio, Corsica

At Sea

Cadiz, Spain

Lisbon, Portugal

Vigo, Spain

At Sea

Southampton, England

I like that one! But ship not so much not yet that is. I've found a few between Carnival, Azamara, HAL & Princess but now just waiting for the rest of RCI's and Celebrity's.

While the european market was shell shocked for a few weeks post the Costa Concordia incident it now seems to be on the road to full recovery. Bookings have picked up again and in some cases they might even end up being better than in the passed.

The price for the 14 night med in June is more than £2000 cheaper than august!! So im afraid whilst our son is still quite young we are going to take him out of school and go in June. As far as I'm concerned travel is as much of an education as anything he will miss in 10 days of school!

I'm sure some will not agree with me on this though!!

My only concern is will there be 'enough' other children on board whose parents have the same feeling as us!! :

Don't worry my wife and I were on the Indy last year late May early June and I remember one of the entertainment staff saying there were around 1000 kids on board (mostly brit). Loved it and we are going on the same itinerary this year.

We wanted to do the Italian in June but with 3 kids prooved more than i wanted to spend.

So now thinking Med in Sept 12 nights on Indy in a family inside for 5 really happy with the price coming in at little over 3k just hubby wanted to do Rome.

Went on Carribean on vuntura kids loved it will we be as happy on the Indy

The price for the 14 night med in June is more than £2000 cheaper than august!! So im afraid whilst our son is still quite young we are going to take him out of school and go in June. As far as I'm concerned travel is as much of an education as anything he will miss in 10 days of school!

I'm sure some will not agree with me on this though!!

My only concern is will there be 'enough' other children on board whose parents have the same feeling as us!!

I will wait for those 'bad' parent comments!! :eek:

:DThey will send the "kidcatcher" round your house:):):)

Im going to look at other cruise lines for 2013 - I think for UK sailings from Southampton they are pricing themselves out of the market :rolleyes:

Only if they can't continue to fill those ships at what you consider ridiculously high prices. Cruise lines charge what they believe the market will bear. You are certainly free to compare and perhaps choose other cruise lines, but unless your view is agreed with by the majority of their potential clients, don't expect them to suddenly lower their prices to satisfy you.:)

Yes I know that comparing them to the competition doesn't really mean anything. But these are very high prices. I guess we could always book a cabin and hope for a price drop and if not then cancel.

Just keep in mind that the problem with that strategy is that if enough people do that it appears to RCI that the cruise is selling well. Therefore, there won't be any price drops until after people start cancelling and the cruise line figures out that there is a pricing issue. That could well mean that there will be no price adjustments until after final payment. And since you also have to book trans-Atlantic flights I just think the whole strategy is harder to pull off than when booking Caribbean cruises.

Well, I'm afraid that I will be one of these people playing into Royal's hands!!

Have decided to book the 14 nighter on the Indy in June. I know its expensive but by the time we fly somewhere (with all the hassle too) and also pay for a hotel pre cruise (just in case of delays etc!) we are going for the easy option and driving 70 miles for our holiday:)

Yes, I will be hoping for a price drop, but not really expecting one.

:):)

Well, I'm afraid that I will be one of these people playing into Royal's hands!!

Have decided to book the 14 nighter on the Indy in June. I know its expensive but by the time we fly somewhere (with all the hassle too) and also pay for a hotel pre cruise (just in case of delays etc!) we are going for the easy option and driving 70 miles for our holiday:)

Yes, I will be hoping for a price drop, but not really expecting one.

:):)

But you will be spending 14 nights on an awesome ship.:)

Don't worry my wife and I were on the Indy last year late May early June and I remember one of the entertainment staff saying there were around 1000 kids on board (mostly brit). Loved it and we are going on the same itinerary this year.

Yes, I'm sure there will be enough kids, and also not too many either!!:D

Just keep in mind that the problem with that strategy is that if enough people do that it appears to RCI that the cruise is selling well. Therefore, there won't be any price drops until after people start cancelling and the cruise line figures out that there is a pricing issue. That could well mean that there will be no price adjustments until after final payment. And since you also have to book trans-Atlantic flights I just think the whole strategy is harder to pull off than when booking Caribbean cruises.

That's what sucks. If we book now hoping for a price drop it's kind of hypocritical.

We're doing the 15 night repositioning on the Serenade from Dubai to Barcelona in April 2013 starting at $749 for an inside and $1436 for our aft balcony! Not too shabby a price considering I had cruise certificate from our time share - I think we got it for under $900 per person. Can't complain. We'll be using airmiles so won't be too worried about the flights either.

I just noticed we are at 390 days out! Woooohoooo! :D:D

Archived