Avalon Visionary or Vista

globie

We will be booking soon on either the Avalon Waterway's Visionary or Vista for the mid December Christmas Market Prague to Nuremberg cruise. Has anyone been on either of these ships/cruises? I would love to hear your recommendations and experiences. We are new to the River cruise scene. Have been on four large vessel cruises. Thanks.

Neither have launched yet so too soon for feedback until they are put into service. They are sister ships so should be pretty identical.

We were on the Panorama, another sister and the first in this new class of ship. If you have specific questions I would be happy to answer.

We have done several river cruises during the markets and you could not choose a better time to visit Europe IMO. It is simply magical!

• 1 month later...
We will be booking soon on either the Avalon Waterway's Visionary or Vista for the mid December Christmas Market Prague to Nuremberg cruise. Has anyone been on either of these ships/cruises? I would love to hear your recommendations and experiences. We are new to the River cruise scene. Have been on four large vessel cruises. Thanks.

I understand that the Visionary will be launched in May. You should soon be seeing reviews, once it is launched.

• 2 weeks later...

The double christening (both ships) is this Friday, 11 May in Holland. I am hoping Avalon posts lots of photos. We are cruising on Visionary this fall because of the intinerary. However, we also liked that it is smaller with only 52 cabins, and mostly the new "suites." Check out the virtual tour of Panorama on www.avalonwaterways.com which is the size of Vista. You'll find all the info there to compare the two ships.

Karen

• 4 weeks later...

Currently on the Visionary as a first River Cruise for us. We have one about 20 Ocean Cruises but are really enjoying this trip. There are many who are new to River Cruising with us. The ship is lovely, can't think of anything they have left out. The cabins are lovely and omfortable. The staff are very polite, attentive, and accommodating. Would highly reccomend this ship. We were in Prague on a motor coach tour before this trip and the Christmas market was highly reccomended by our tour guide and other trip mates.

Currently on the Visionary as a first River Cruise for us. We have one about 20 Ocean Cruises but are really enjoying this trip. There are many who are new to River Cruising with us. The ship is lovely, can't think of anything they have left out. The cabins are lovely and omfortable. The staff are very polite, attentive, and accommodating. Would highly reccomend this ship. We were in Prague on a motor coach tour before this trip and the Christmas market was highly reccomended by our tour guide and other trip mates.

Glad you are having a great trip.:) Those Avalon beds are great, aren't they?

Who is the CD? Who is the head chef aboard?

I agree that the Christmas markets in Prague are very nice. We found them less commercialized than many of the ones in Germany.

Pinkyfox-

Glad you're having a great time.

A couple of questions:

How is the food?

Do you find the dining room to be noisy during dinner?

• 2 months later...
Hello. I am considering a Category E cabin that is 172 sq feet and has no sofa or coffee table. The small window is at water level. I like the price but not sure of the cabin.

Anyone have any pix of this or been in one?

Carol

Eureka, CA

The Avalon webste will have them.

Hello. I am considering a Category E cabin that is 172 sq feet and has no sofa or coffee table. The small window is at water level. I like the price but not sure of the cabin.

Anyone have any pix of this or been in one?

Carol

Eureka, CA

I saw these while on Panorama, a sister ship, last year. IMO these cabins are a very good value, well appointed, spacious at 172 sq ft, really nice bathrooms and the new Avalon bedding is wonderful.

I would not hesitate at all.

Archived