Pets

INTERLINER13

Funny you say this. My friend has our dogs brother. Both Boxers-high energy-young. I've watched her dog a few times and the dogs together are OUT OF CONTROL. I feel bad, but I stopped watching the dog so much. She always offers to take my dog when we go away, but I know how agrivated I get with the 2 wild animals, and I wouldn't really want to put that on someone else. We both have small houses...and they just go nuts when they are together! They're having fun, but I'm not.... tables are getting pushed around, fur flying after I've cleaned the house, drool from being so worked up, sometimes blood from playing too hard... I wish I had a fenced in backyard...it would be SO much easier. They could tire them selves out and THEN come inside...Once they got older an lazier, it will be easier.

Our boys are also brothers as well as BFFs (and secret lovers :eek:) they're also terrorists, I mean terriers, and very high energy.

bandw-2.jpg

I have a retired from racing greyhound. They are a bit different then other dogs and we prefer greyhound savy people to take care of them. However we ahve friends that are owned by 2 greys and at one time our firends were the top dogs in a rescue group we all beong to, so they watch our dog at thier house and we will take one of thier dogs when they travel.

My dilemma in a few weeks is a cat. SOme people that lived across the street from us lost thier house or sold their house (mysterious people) and left thier cat behind when they moved aobut 3 months ago. About a month ago I took it upon myslef to feed the cat a she was jsut starving, and now she has been living on my porch for 4 weeks. No one will take her, I refuse to send her to a shelter and we are afraid that if we bring her in the dog may shred her but that is probably what we will eventually due. But for our upcoming trip we don't know what to do with her. we are just thinking of boarding her. My SIL will pay for her to be boarded (actually my SIL volunteered to take care of all vet bills if we just keep her).

I have a zoo at home, and it can be quite difficult to go on vacation, since it's not easy to find someone willing to take care of my zoo. I have a cocker 'Mia', 2 cats 'Shadow' and 'Kiara', 4 aquatic turtles 'Matthew, Mark, Luke and John', 5 hermit crabs (not named), 5 fire bellied toads, 2 african water frogs, and an assortment of fish in 2 tanks. Last week my BF took care of my zoo while I was cruising. If he joins me on vacation, I have to search and scramble for someone to come take care of all the critters, but I always seem to manage something.

What do you do with your pets when you cruise?

Has anyone else ever wondered why cruiselines have not become pet friendly? Im not talking about pets roaming free on the ship. But I thought kennels would be a good idea, and maybe have some play rooms to be able to play with them during the cruise. Obviously, they would not be able to leave the ships in port.

I'm sure that there are a lot of laws preventing pets, but there must be someway to figure this out.

Rif reverybody rought rogs ron ra ruise, rat rould re rone rell rof ra ruster rill!

How cute! We also harbor terrorists, but they are sisters. We are leaving ours for the second time next Feb. The first time we boarded them (9 mos. at the time), we had mixed results. One loved it and the other did not. This time we are having in-home care. Our girls don't like the heat, but if I ever get rich, they will go everywhere I go.

Our boys are also brothers as well as BFFs (and secret lovers :eek:) they're also terrorists, I mean terriers, and very high energy.

bandw-2.jpg

We usually board our dog and cat while we vacation. For our upcoming cruise a family member is watching them. Not for a second would I want cruise ships to be pet friendly! I love our pets to death, however part of vacation is to get away and have no worries. Pets are not welcome in certain places, vacations are one of them....

Ditto.....

I have a retired from racing greyhound. They are a bit different then other dogs and we prefer greyhound savy people to take care of them. However we ahve friends that are owned by 2 greys and at one time our firends were the top dogs in a rescue group we all beong to, so they watch our dog at thier house and we will take one of thier dogs when they travel.

My dilemma in a few weeks is a cat. SOme people that lived across the street from us lost thier house or sold their house (mysterious people) and left thier cat behind when they moved aobut 3 months ago. About a month ago I took it upon myslef to feed the cat a she was jsut starving, and now she has been living on my porch for 4 weeks. No one will take her, I refuse to send her to a shelter and we are afraid that if we bring her in the dog may shred her but that is probably what we will eventually due. But for our upcoming trip we don't know what to do with her. we are just thinking of boarding her. My SIL will pay for her to be boarded (actually my SIL volunteered to take care of all vet bills if we just keep her).

Nice what you are doing for the cat. Beings it's living on your porch, couldn't you have a neighbor, or someone, come to feed it daily?

Wow what a lot of cat! I love cats and have 3!

Fred is quite the cat. He weighs 14.2 pounds. Follows us just like a dog. If we're out weeding the garden, he's right there pawing at the dirt. He's a Maine Coon. Niece found him when he was a kitten under her car at a WalMart parking lot. She already had 4 cats so she gave him to us. If he wants to go outside, he jumps up on the cupboard by the back door and puts his paws around the door knob and tries to open it. He'll play soccer with us and is pretty good about getting the small ball back to us. He's a "gentle giant" like all Maine Coons but for some reason, he's deathly afraid of trucks. On garbage day he hides under the bed all day.

Between family and a teenage family friend, the basset hound and 2 kitties are well loved & cared for. The amazon parrot gets boarded and loves it w/a;; the other talkative birds around. Although the heart would love to take the babies, the mind realizes the pros AND cons of pets on a cruise.

We have a Basset Hound too! His name is Rufus and he will be 11 on April 4th. We used to have a couple of ferrets and one of them (Weezil) loved Rufus. They played together all the time. It was so funny.

Kim

Our dogs go to dog camp. As nice as a human vacation... They have separate small and big dog play areas with a waterfall and cool boulders to stand on (my girl dog loves to monitor all the other dogs). They have activities and nap times and all kinds of fun. We always talk about we would want to stay there! There are pics on their website if you want to see an amazing place at the top of Topanga Canyon, it's called Canyon View Ranch.

Ours go to a similar place except it's called Paradise Pet Resort. With four fogs- it gets expensive though. So hopefully, hubby's work will quit moving us around so we can buy and they can stay home with a sitter!

We are fortunate to have my parents live less than 5 minutes away from us. My Dad comes and cleans the litterboxes and feed the babies (our two cats) while we are gone. We also have 3 gecko's and a pacman frog, but all he has to do with them is spray their tanks and change out their food once during the week we are gone. Fortunately, he doesn't have to feed the frog (he only gets fed twice a month) since he only eats mice and it totally skeeves my Dad out!

Archived