Miami International-liquor store

Terpsfan1

Not at MIA for arriving passengers; if you are flying out international there is duty free shopping.

Best bet is to ask your cab driver to stop along the way or find a store near your hotel. You are being a smart cruiser and flying in at least one day early, correct? :confused:

Not sure if you are looking for top shelf wine, but there is a Walgreens (yes, you heard right) who has a nice selection of wine right across from American Airlines Arena which is very close to the port.

Is it close enough to walk to from the port?

Not at MIA for arriving passengers; if you are flying out international there is duty free shopping.

Best bet is to ask your cab driver to stop along the way or find a store near your hotel. You are being a smart cruiser and flying in at least one day early, correct? :confused:

Unfortunately we are flying in at 9:00 Am the morning of the cruise. Normally, I am a "smart cruiser", but could not make it work this time.

I don't believe it is within easy walking distance especially in the heat. If you ask the cab driver to stop at the store shop fast as the meter will be running.

For the extra cab fare it might not even be worth it for a couple bottles of wine.

I would not make that walk - too many car, busses, vans, etc. :eek: The Miami port is a very industrial area.

You are better off paying extra to have your cab driver make a stop along the way. Besides Walgrens and other drug stores the wine selection at most Publix grocery stores is pretty good. For booze you will need to stop at a liquor store - just let your cab dirver know what you want and he will know where to stop. Good luck! :)

I would not make that walk - too many car, busses, vans, etc. :eek: The Miami port is a very industrial area.

I've walked from the ship to Bayside and back on B2B day and I have to agree that most drivers passing us by were looking at us like we were crazy. :D

So it can be done but I wouldn't do it (especially on a hot day) with the luggage as there are no sidewalks for the entire length of the walk.

I don't believe it is within easy walking distance especially in the heat. If you ask the cab driver to stop at the store shop fast as the meter will be running.

For the extra cab fare it might not even be worth it for a couple bottles of wine.

I am beginning to agree with you. I am thinking we will pack one bottle, as I know that being Concierge class we will get champagne. Thanks for your help.

Carol

Archived