Noisy neighbours on rccl

Never had a problem until our last of 4 B2Bs in the same cabin. Neighbours in a corner aft were so loud talking we could hear their conversation while we were laying in bed after being woke up and could hear their loud TV. It was at 3 AM and 1 AM. I banged Loudly on the wall and they quieted down, so they were not deaf!:D

Our room attendant said they were very loud, he could hear them in the hall talking. I finally went to the front desk and also told our Concierge. It was a LOT better then but still could hear a little in the early AM. The front desk called many times to us, to check up on this situation, so RCL handled it well. They were just generally Loud!:eek:

We've never had a problem with noisy neighbors but this past Jan/Feb we did a b2b on Serenade in our favorite aft cabins with my in-laws. On turn around day we were all hanging out around the pool for the better part of the afternoon. Around 4 we went back to the cabins. As my in-laws entered their cabin they saw one of their balcony chairs disappear over the divider to the cabin on their left (we were on their right). My father-in-law walked out on the balcony, leaned over the divider and said "I'm gonna need that chair back." At first the guy tried to deny it but my FIL told him "I saw you take the chair...what kind of person reaches onto someone else's balcony and just takes a chair...just ask your room steward if you need another one...what is wrong with you????" To top it off my MIL had left some clips on the back of the chair that we use for drying out bathing suits and there they were on the back of the chair. The guy gave the chair back and apologized but I could not believe it. The couple were never to be seen back on the balcony for the rest of the week...hopefully ashamed of their behavior...WHAT THE HECK???

Our last cruise was on Carnival Dream and we had a couple next to us that fought every night. Screaming, yelling, cursing. One night it was over a $13 charge on the account, that is how clearly we could hear it. It usually happened after midnight. Each night I said I was going to call security and then I ended up just thanking my lucky stars my DH and I don't fight and I would go back to sleep. I'll never do that again though. Next time I will report them.

Never have had a problem, thankfully. But another poster's comment about adjoining cabins got me thinking. This last cruise I had and adjoining cabin. Never thought anything of it, until, a couple times late at night, I could hear my neighbours coming in. At first I thought "Oh no, here we go!". But it never was too bad & they did quiet down fairly quickly. Found out near end of cruise they were a family from Bolivia I had met & made 'friends' with in the hot tubs. They didn't have great English & my Spanish isn't good either, but we made out OK. They were nice people, really, including their son.

I don't think they were loud on purpose, just not aware of how the sound carried. I think the adjoining door just let more sound through than would have been normal. Something I will take into consideration for future cruises.

We've never had a problem with noisy neighbors but this past Jan/Feb we did a b2b on Serenade in our favorite aft cabins with my in-laws. On turn around day we were all hanging out around the pool for the better part of the afternoon. Around 4 we went back to the cabins. As my in-laws entered their cabin they saw one of their balcony chairs disappear over the divider to the cabin on their left (we were on their right). My father-in-law walked out on the balcony, leaned over the divider and said "I'm gonna need that chair back." At first the guy tried to deny it but my FIL told him "I saw you take the chair...what kind of person reaches onto someone else's balcony and just takes a chair...just ask your room steward if you need another one...what is wrong with you????" To top it off my MIL had left some clips on the back of the chair that we use for drying out bathing suits and there they were on the back of the chair. The guy gave the chair back and apologized but I could not believe it. The couple were never to be seen back on the balcony for the rest of the week...hopefully ashamed of their behavior...WHAT THE HECK???

WOW, that takes guts to steal neighboring balcony chair....then to deny it!

It takes all kinds.

On our last cruise there were 2 young boys running up & down the halls. At one point as we were walking from our cabin to the elevators, they came running up behind us, and wanted us to move out of their way so they could run past us. I turned around and politely told them I would not move and that they are not supposed to be running in the halls.

As we were standing at the elevator, the mom came around the corner and gave me a dirty look and just stated "they're just children". My reply to her was that she was right, they are just children and that it was actually her fault as she should know better and pointed out to her that the ship isn't there for her to let her poorly behaved kids run amuck. That was the end of that. I didn't mean to be cranky, but I wont have my holiday disrupted by inconsiderate brats (of any age!).

:D

I always think of things like that too late.

We seldom have issues with our neighbors. We often host sailaway parties o our balcony, but hope that we're not disturbing anybody...:o

We had the misfortune to be next to heavy smokers. They would spend the hours between midnight and 5am smoking, hacking, hockering and spitting over the side of the ship...

Finally one morning about 5, opened the balcony and asked them to kindly give us a friggin break... A few hours later we got a knock on the door and it was Mrs hocker, who apologized, they didnt think anybody could hear them.. Just was glad i was not below them!

pretty gross..

Only bad neighbors we've ever had was RCCL. The art closet was across the hall from our Jr. Suite on the Monarch. All hours for the whole cruise the crew was lugging art in and out, banging around and blocking the hall and specifically our door. Since we're not light sleepers and we're very easy going we weren't bothered but I can't imagine how a light sleeper or inpatient folks would have handled this.

Only once...we had a family in a family suite next door. The kids were always left with the Grandmother to watch in the room.

The kids did nothing but yell and scream, bounce off the walls, constantly were trying to open the connecting door...totally out of control!

Imagine trying to sleep with someone jiggling-turning the door knob all night!

I would see the Mom and her friend in the CL, but the kids were always in the room with the grandmother. They never went out.

At 1am, every night, they would have circle time with singing and clapping, probably to get them tired and to bed.

There was not much we could do. My wife and I speculated that the kid's may have had some disorder, and not their fault. Mom was probably looking for, and needing some respite.

I'm an early riser, usually a 4am. I would get my coffee and watch TV, with the volume up higher than needed!!;)

One things for sure...I will never get a connecting room again!!!!!

So nice to read a post from someone with empathy.

we were on our one and only NCL. our neighbors were either dating , just met or were cheaters. anyway all night long i kept hearing " oh yes baby right there, don't stop, don't stop, OH YES, wowwwwwwww, more, more etc. etc."

my wife just laughed at me and said, "go to sleep, you're just jealous". i saw the couple one morning and they just nodded and said "hello"

Female voice kept repeating "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god" and I don't think she was praying!;)

If I had the unfortunate experience, I would rather it be either of the two above.:o

If you had the nerve you could also comment through the wall which would likely kill the mood unless they liked a cheering section.

On our last cruise there were 2 young boys running up & down the halls. At one point as we were walking from our cabin to the elevators, they came running up behind us, and wanted us to move out of their way so they could run past us. I turned around and politely told them I would not move and that they are not supposed to be running in the halls.

:D

I had this on a Carnival cruise. One night I could hear the voice of a mature woman warning the kids. I don't know if it was a neighbor or their mother. I rarely heard them again.

As for the reference to the bar bill, you're good! I can identify with that one. So true!;)

I've tried to get my wife to quiet down! Seriously, never had any problems, but on Allure we had inter-connecting cabins and my wife kept slamming the doors on the vanity when she was getting ready for dinner. I kept expecting a knock on the door but it never came.

Maybe it was her :) I can't remeber what ship I was on last year, but the person next door must have slammed their drawers shut 15 times a day!!!

We had the Grand suite adjoining the Royal Suite on the Brilliance. The Suite was not booked, so they made it a bingo prize. Bingo was held late on the first night. Winners moved into Suite around midnight and proceeded to open every closet and cubby. kept us up for at least an hour

We had an interior cabin on the FOS. Friends were beside us but not connecting rooms. The first night our friends complained of hearing music most of the night. Figured it must have been on the other side since we didn't hear it. The next night I started hearing the flute or saxophone music and couldn't figure out who would be practicing music all night. Finally figured out it was the TV in someone's cabin turned to the channel with the webcam and ship's course info that we were hearing. I have read on these boards that some recommend turning to that channel if you have an interior so you will know when it gets light outside. But at night they went to a promenade shot so that wouldn't work. Never figured out who left the tv on each night all night.

Archived