Port Everglades Terminal Upgrades

CRLess

Saw this article in the local paper this morning and thought it would be of interest to fellow Princess cruisers....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-port-everglades-terminal-upgrades-20120321,0,2714643.story

According to the article, work has already begun on Pier 2 which would explain why the Crown and Ruby will be using terminal 4 over the weekend.

Saw this article in the local paper this morning and thought it would be of interest to fellow Princess cruisers....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-port-everglades-terminal-upgrades-20120321,0,2714643.story

According to the article, work has already begun on Pier 2 which would explain why the Crown and Ruby will be using terminal 4 over the weekend.

Thanks for posting. Now I'm going to have to book another cruise to see the improvements. :D

Seems we get the same paper. I was just going to post this, but you beat me to it. :D

Thanks for sharing. It'll be nice to have the areas updated.

Seems we get the same paper. I was just going to post this, but you beat me to it. :D

Actually, I read it in the Palm Beach Post this morning, but the link was easier to find on the Sun Sentinel site :D

Actually, I read it in the Palm Beach Post this morning, but the link was easier to find on the Sun Sentinel site :D

I was wondering why someone in Jupiter would read the Sentinel. We subscribed to the Post for 30 years and then I got sick of them being a paper with no substance. So we switched to the Sentinel since we are much further south than you. Getting sick of them too. I think they are both going to go under eventually.

Anything about Terminal 4?

Which lines have been using it and/or which ships have docked there?

Is it modern and easy to navigate, both embarkation and debarkation?

It sounds like the renovations are quite extensive after reading the article. I figure the Crown may be docking there in two weeks, so just getting some "intel"....

Thanks so much!

Anything about Terminal 4?

Which lines have been using it and/or which ships have docked there?

Is it modern and easy to navigate, both embarkation and debarkation?

It sounds like the renovations are quite extensive after reading the article. I figure the Crown may be docking there in two weeks, so just getting some "intel"....

Thanks so much!

Its right next door to terminal 2. MSC is the most frequent user of it, but Princess has used it on several occassions recently.

Thanks for sharing this. I remember a few years ago when they announced these upgrades were in the works, it's nice to see them becoming reality. And, thankfully, they'll be starting them at the same time most of the ships are leaving for Alaska/Europe.

Its right next door to terminal 2. MSC is the most frequent user of it, but Princess has used it on several occassions recently.

I'm boarding Ruby Sunday. Do you think the move to terminal 4 will in any way impact embarkation?

Thx

I'm boarding Ruby Sunday. Do you think the move to terminal 4 will in any way impact embarkation?

Thx

It shouldn't...its the same parking garage (Northport) and essentially the same drop off area (same entry road). The only issue that I can think of is that terminal 2 has two elevated gangways (like an airport) and I am not certain if terminal 4 does or not.

Could be a reason why we docked at Pier 21 on the Grand last week:confused:

Archived