Jigsaw Puzzles on CB Princess

twinkle toes

OK, this may sound like a funny question, but here goes. When we were on our Xmas cruises a few years ago, there were jigsaw puzzles out in the area next to the future cruise desk. I am a jigsaw lover and it was so great to sit down and work on a puzzle in front of the window and watching the water as you puzzled. I could have sat there all day. That was the only cruise we have been on that had these out. Can anyone who has sailed on the CB tell me if they have the table space for this, or if they already do this? I have around 6 good size puzzles I haven't done that I would love to bring on our Transatlantic cruise. I'd like to put them out the first day and just let all the fellow jigsawers have at them to their hearts content. I loved it when I was working on a puzzle and couldn't for the life of me find a certain piece, go to dinner, and then find that when I came back someone else had found it.

They had puzzles on both Diamond and Star last year, so I hope and expect them on CB next month.

OK, this may sound like a funny question, but here goes. When we were on our Xmas cruises a few years ago, there were jigsaw puzzles out in the area next to the future cruise desk. I am a jigsaw lover and it was so great to sit down and work on a puzzle in front of the window and watching the water as you puzzled. I could have sat there all day. That was the only cruise we have been on that had these out. Can anyone who has sailed on the CB tell me if they have the table space for this?

Just off the Sapphire this month and the newly designed Atrium (now the Piazza) decks have the library moved and much smaller. There is no longer room enough for a dedicated 'puzzle table'.

dz

OK, this may sound like a funny question, but here goes. When we were on our Xmas cruises a few years ago, there were jigsaw puzzles out in the area next to the future cruise desk. I am a jigsaw lover and it was so great to sit down and work on a puzzle in front of the window and watching the water as you puzzled. I could have sat there all day. That was the only cruise we have been on that had these out. Can anyone who has sailed on the CB tell me if they have the table space for this, or if they already do this? I have around 6 good size puzzles I haven't done that I would love to bring on our Transatlantic cruise. I'd like to put them out the first day and just let all the fellow jigsawers have at them to their hearts content. I loved it when I was working on a puzzle and couldn't for the life of me find a certain piece, go to dinner, and then find that when I came back someone else had found it.

I am glad that you loved my humor. I was observing you working on that puzzle and slyly snitched that piece. It was fun watching you hunt and hunt for that piece. It was even funnier when you left and I put the piece in its place. The expression on you face was priceless when you came back. :D

It was really a world class trick since I wasn't on that cruise. :eek:

On the Grand last Christmas, the library was small and shared with the hot tea sellers. There are a few puzzles but the tables were small. We stopped by and did a few pieces on one. A few hours later someone had come along, started doing more, and left a note "please leave this alone as we are returning". My DH and I both laughed -- now are the "puzzle people" becoming the new "chair hogs"? We added a few pieces anyway. I was very tempted to remove a piece just in spite :-)

We often bring a puzzle to share and leave behind.

Archived