WOW sale onboard credit question

I have heard of the WOW sale but never booke a cruise during it. The email I received says there is up to a $200 onboard credit. Is it a different credit amount based on an inside, oceanview, balcony suite room? Or is the credit amount based on the length of the cruise?

Great question! I am wondering the exact same thing because I have never booked a cruise through a WOW sale either. I spoke to RCCL customer service this morning and she said the details for onboard credit will not be published until the actual sale. Still curious though to see if anyone has experience with it and what the amount was based on in the past.

It's usually based on the nights booked for.

3-5 nights = $50 per stateroom

6-9 nights = $100 per stateroom

10+ nights = $200 per stateroom

This is a great way to get the bonus cruise points they are offering if you book this month and then once onboard rebook and then you don't have to wait for the next Wow Sale. :)

This is a great way to get the bonus cruise points they are offering if you book this month and then once onboard rebook and then you don't have to wait for the next Wow Sale. :)

Can you explain this? I don't understand.

It's usually based on the nights booked for.

3-5 nights = $50 per stateroom

6-9 nights = $100 per stateroom

10+ nights = $200 per stateroom

"Bonus Points" aren't they just for certain sailings/itineraries :confused: I seem to think so...Not just any booked cruise this month gets them..I would love to be wrong on this...

There's a current promo running until March 31st that if you book certain cruises for Dec 2012 you get bonus cruise points, regardless of your C & A status. Some people (myself included) suspect this could replace the Diamonds in December event where only Diamond C & A members and above get double cruise points.

For the OP - I've booked during WOW sales and the OBC is based on length of cruise. It is not combinable with any other offer from RCI so you can't use a P/D/D+/P balcony discount or stockholder OBC with it. In some cases, I've noticed the price of certain cabins to increase for WOW, then go down after the WOW sale. I booked a 10 day cruise, got $200 OBC from WOW and my TA matched it.

If you have sailed Royal Carribean before and are signed up for their Loyalty Club, the Crown and Anchor Society, you can get bonus cruise credits for certain cruises. You have to book by March 31 to get the extra credits. For example normally if you book an inside or balcony room for a 7 day cruise you get 7 loyalty points. If you book during this promotion period you will get 9 points for certain cruises. You get 4 extra points if your room is a suite.

As far as booking onboard goes you basically get the same deal as what is given during the WOW sale if you book a future cruise while you are on a Royal Caribbean cruise. You go to the Loyalty Ambassador and book your cruise while you are on the ship. You get a reduction on the normally required downpayment, and a shipboard credit on the future cruise you book.

Archived