The long awaited Valor Video

gatorclaw

Hey Jason,

We are booked on the Liberty for the 1/15/06 sailing. We usually go in March but since my son plays varsity Lacrosse we had to change our cruise window. He starts practice in February so January was it. We have to take the kids out of school but they will only miss 3 days the week we are booked.

I know what you mean about booking early and having to wait. We would have waited on booking but we found that cruise was filling fast. We got a great deal on a balcony room as well as a military discount from a PVP that our (fired) travel agent did not tell us about!:mad:

Hope you guys can join us! I plan on buying a much better camera and taking a lot more pictures. I did post a few in the Photo Gallery. Compared to yours they are embarrassing.:eek:

I also want to thank you guys for all your help and I need big HELP now!

OK, I made my photo/music CD and then burned it. It is 55 minutes long and took about that long to burn.

I checked the CD to make sure it worked. Very near the end (about 10 minutes left), the photo's stop, but the music continues until the end.

I noticed that the Windows Media player says my production is 864 KB. The CD that I burned to is 700MB. Could this be the problem? I don't know hjow to calculate from KB to MB. Do I have too many photo's?

I have to get this thing done in 1 to two hours. We are leaving at noonish for the drive to my Dad's party. I can eliminate some photo's at the end if this is the trouble.

Please respond! :( Can't believe I waited until the last minute.

PS - I am going to turn my computer off for a few minutes, so if I don't respond right away....

[quote name='Iamthesea']I also want to thank you guys for all your help and I need big HELP now!

OK, I made my photo/music CD and then burned it. It is 55 minutes long and took about that long to burn.

I checked the CD to make sure it worked. Very near the end (about 10 minutes left), the photo's stop, but the music continues until the end.

I noticed that the Windows Media player says my production is 864 KB. The CD that I burned to is 700MB. Could this be the problem? I don't know hjow to calculate from KB to MB. Do I have too many photo's?

I have to get this thing done in 1 to two hours. We are leaving at noonish for the drive to my Dad's party. I can eliminate some photo's at the end if this is the trouble.

Please respond! :( Can't believe I waited until the last minute.

PS - I am going to turn my computer off for a few minutes, so if I don't respond right away....[/QUOTE]

1K = 1024 bytes
1M = 1024*1024 bytes
therefore K X 1024 = M

Your sleep mode (other thread) could be the problem. Go to Start=>Control Panel=>Power Settings and change the time before sleep.

Thank you Big Duck! I see the administrators deleting my other post. Could have ruin an 80 year olds birthday if you hadn't helped me out!:o

So, I really son't understand what you are saying. Do I have too many KB's for my CD? I will check the sleep mode. ;)

Your presentation has to be bigger that 864KB, that is like nothing.

You sure is isn't 864,000 KB ~ 844MB - this would be the issue with it not fitting on the CD

You can shrink it by increasing the compression on the music by using 96kbps MP3s instead of .wav files

but you may need to remove some photos

It just said 864KB. :confused: Says I need 364MB to burn the CD, so it does seem like I have enough space.

I tried to burn it again after taking all of the sleep mode settings off. After a few mintues, I got an error message saying Windows Movie Maker had encounter a problem which I have been getting for the last couple of days while working with the program. Right after that message, I got one from Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger?, saying they had to shut down. Never heard of that program, nor has the message ever come up.

I CAN"T BELIVE THIS! I am going to try again. :(

It worked! Stopped at 55 seconds and didn't budge. I thought the worse. I finall opened the drawer and put it back in and it finished. Checks out fine!

Thank you to all that will help make my Dad's birthday be a smash! :D

I just had to let you know how much my BF and I enjoy your videos. Thank you so much for sharing them! You are the best advertising Carnival could ever hope for! LOL I can't wait to book our next cruise. Wish you could be there to record and mix it for us!

Thanks again for spreading the joy that is cruising! :D

[quote name='celticd1']You are the best advertising Carnival could ever hope for! LOL I can't wait to book our next cruise. Wish you could be there to record and mix it for us![/QUOTE]

Carnival, are you listening!?!?!

[quote name='gatorclaw']If you're going on the Valor or just can't wait for your next cruise, this video should get you sufficiently pumped up. My girlfriend and I cruised on The Valor, March 6, 2005. This is our story in a video scrapbook of sorts.

I think I really captured the whole experience well. And if you liked my previous effort (the Destiny video) you'll really like this as well. Have fun.

Here's the video link:[url="http://www.gatorclaw.com/voyageofvalor"][b]www.gatorclaw.com/voyageofvalor[/b][/url]

[/QUOTE]

I loved your video journal - so did my husband - you have a great sense of humor, too, and we feel like we know you both now! Thank you so much for sharing, we will be on the Valor in 3 weeks (western).

• 7 months later...
Gator Claw :cool:
Jason the two videos are absolutely GREAT. The Valor is my favourite
BOTH YOU and PEPPER have done an excelent job. WE were on the VALOR the week before you. KEEP up the great work .Its our fix to our
next cruise on the LIBERTY next Feb. WE are waiting to see how you top
your next VIDEO. Keep on cruising.[IMG]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon12.gif[/IMG]
KRUISE RUNNER

• 4 months later...
[quote name='gatorclaw']If you're going on the Valor or just can't wait for your next cruise, this video should get you sufficiently pumped up. My girlfriend and I cruised on The Valor, March 6, 2005. This is our story in a video scrapbook of sorts.

I think I really captured the whole experience well. And if you liked my previous effort (the Destiny video) you'll really like this as well. Have fun.

Here's the video link:[URL="http://www.gatorclaw.com/voyageofvalor"][B]www.gatorclaw.com/voyageofvalor[/B][/URL]

[/quote]

All I can say is COOL

• 3 months later...
Thank you Jason for sharing your videos. I will be leaving on the Valor in August next year and I am trying to find out a little about the ship and the itinerary. Your video certainly answered all the questions that I may have had concerning the ship. The only problem I had was I could not save to target the following parts. 1. Day at sea, 2. Belize and 3. cozumel. I was able to watch it but not able to save it to my computer to watch later, It said something about it not being indexed, Is there something that I can do?

Anyway thank you so much for sharing, it really was a good job. I have purchased videos from Carnival and they do not compare to yours.

Archived