The long awaited Valor Video

gatorclaw

Yes, bandwidth reached. So the site is down for now. It should be back up on the 1st of May.

Olivia- Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on it. I'll email you later about it.

Just let me know! I can set it up this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

lmtrn2001,

Sorry, I forgot to answer you earlier. Here's a fairly detailed answer about how we booked the Canopy Tour.

We booked it at Tabyana Beach. There has been so much confusion (just check out the Roatan board on cruisecritic) about this. Carnival may be offering it in the future, but not now (or at least when we went) we had to figure it out on our own.

So here's what you do:

1- Book the Tabyana Beach day. Unlimited people can sign up for it, so you don't have to worry about this tour selling out.

2- Get to Tabyana Beach as early as possible (I think it's an 8am tour bus out of the port)

3- Go to the Tabyana Beach Gift Shop (you'll find it- right where the bus lets out- or just ask a local).

4- Book the tour. They give you a locker key to put your stuff- if you have fins, they let us leave those behind the counter.

5- You take a bus to the Canopy Tour, just a few minutes away.

6- Do the awesome canopy tour- if you have a camera, great. If not, they'll take digital pics of you and have them ready later in the day at Tabyana Beach- Like $10 each.

7- Bus back to Tabyana Beach w/ plenty of time to enjoy the beach or go snorkeling.

8- Bus back to the ship.

note: the reason I say go on the 8am bus is because the Canopy Tour has limited spots- and when Norweigan's ship gets in port at noon- they have bookings thru the ship that take priority, so get there early!

oh- and you can email them. Their email address is tabyana@hondusoft.com. I emailed them a few times and they've been prompt in responding.

Hi gatorclaw, i have been downloading your collection of videos from ur valor cruise and i'm done with 3 of them and they r EXCELLENT. They r helping my family cope through this long wait til january til we are on that ship! But anyway now ur website says that it is unavailable and i was wondering if u knew why and how long it will be down. And if it's down for good if u could just send me the remaining videos at SunShineScrub13@hotmail.com. It would be sooooo very kind...Thank you sooooooo much and keep up the excellent work you are obviously one very talanted man. OOOO btw u and pepper look like a super cute couple and enjoy urselves you only live once so do as many carnival cruises as possible...hahahahaha....thanks again!

Man. I've really gotten myself into a bind here. I wasn't excpecting all the attention from here and other places. So, it's just blown me out of the water. I thought my site was going to reset on the 1st and I would have service again. I will be checking on it shortly, but right now, I'm busy with my 'real job' so it has to take a backseat, I'm sorry to say.

Kruisetalker- the files are too big to email, but I may have an alternative arrangement available in the next few days if my site isn't back. I'll email you if I have something.

IBrelaxing- I think I got an email from you the other day. Likewise w/ Kruisetalker, I will email you if something an arrangement comes up.

Thanks everyone.

Hey Jason.......here's what someone that has a video of another cruise online put on their webpage so people can see when they go to watch.......Maybe it will help you?

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE

If you liked this clip, please feel free to download it rather than watching it online over and over again online. By watching online several times, my bandwidth usage increases severely and this might result in the website becoming unavailable for some time. Thank you!

Disappointing to say, but I'm not going to be able to get my site back up until the 13th of May now. It's just going to cost me too much to have it up earlier than that.

And my alternative arrangement didn't really come thru, so you'll just have to wait- don't worry, the anticipation will just make the payoff better:D

Thanks Randy for the tip on the note on the site. I will use that idea.

Hey Gatorclaw, I Have Been Trying To Get On Your Valor Video. It's Been Down For About 4 Days. Do You Know If It's Going To Be Up Soon? I Watched It, And Wanted To Send It To Some Friends.

Nancy - please look about 4 posts up.

shouldn't we start a fund or something? i mean, it is all of OUR fault he's having to do all this....set up a paypal account Gatorclaw - i'll send a few bucks :)

I Get this message when i go to your website.

Site Temporarily Disabled

This site has been temporarily disabled. If you are the owner of the site, please contact customer care.

Nancy - please look about 4 posts up.

shouldn't we start a fund or something? i mean, it is all of OUR fault he's having to do all this....set up a paypal account Gatorclaw - i'll send a few bucks :)

I'll second that!

Jason.......?????

Well, I do have a paypal account, but I'm sure that's a violation of the terms of the board for me to solicit donations. I've previously had some issues w/ just getting the ok to post my site to begin with because it was viewed that I was advertising something.

Does Host Randy want to chime in on this? I'll shill with the best of them, if I get the go ahead from the powers that be. :)

There is software out there that is free that will allow you to share the video,, but will make the users have to upload to their PC first before viewing it,, also you can select the days that this is done,, unless you know someone with unlimited bandwith they can host the video for you... anyways any questions I can give you the name of the software if you want just lemme know and I can email it to ya! A good idea is to check google for FTP server (hope I am allowed to say that). Maybe that can help. P.S. sorry if I am not able to!

If you're going on the Valor or just can't wait for your next cruise, this video should get you sufficiently pumped up. My girlfriend and I cruised on The Valor, March 6, 2005. This is our story in a video scrapbook of sorts.

I think I really captured the whole experience well. And if you liked my previous effort (the Destiny video) you'll really like this as well. Have fun.

Here's the video link:www.gatorclaw.com/voyageofvalor

can you email me the type of software that you used? my addy is mistory@gmail.com

thanks in advance

Archived