Questions?? Just back from Dream Western 3/17-3/24

Athankfulheart

What a great overview!

I have a couple of questions based on what you did. We are on the dream on April 14th and can't wait!

What is the photo package and what was the cost and what did you get?

How did the 5 year old make out cave tubing? We are taking our just turned 7 year old and was a bit worried about the walk. Did you find it difficult at all?

One thing that I forgot to mention is that you can buy a CD with all of the images for $500 , but I don't know if thats raw or edited photos. You may want to ask. They will do pics on the ship or out in port.

They said that swells were so large that they were breaking over the dock. They also said that the Deam "never" misses CM. It was unexpected and sad.

Dang! I bet the captain was really sad to miss his palte of shrimp at Nohoch Kay :( Must have been really extreme. And aren't those termites tasty?;) Andy Zimmern missed out on that.

Thanks for the observations and quick bites:D

Dang! I bet the captain was really sad to miss his palte of shrimp at Nohoch Kay :( Must have been really extreme. And aren't those termites tasty?;) Andy Zimmern missed out on that.

At first I thought that maybe the captain didn't try very hard to make CM, seeing as we had already made Roatan. Later on I got more detailed info on the weather situation. I had been praying for WEEKS that we would make Roatan, so I really couldn't be upset with how things turned out. I had a Maya Chan day planned and I'm not a huge beach person - so it was a fair trade-off.

Termites = natures Listerine :D

Thanks for the review, my husband and i will be on the dream in October. What is the VIP Couples Pass at the Cloud 9 Spa? What does it cover? Is it for the whole week.

Thanks!

We paid $249 for my husband and myself. We bought it as soon as the spa opened on embarkation day and used it for the entire week.

It includes the T-pool, oriental steam bath, 2 other heated/steam rooms of varying intensity, a temperate relaxation room, nice lockers /shower room.

Most of the times that we went we would begin with 30-60 minutes in the pool, hit the oriental steam bath ( eucalyptus infused) and then hit the rainforest shower ( located next to the steam room) and the last 3 rooms.

Hints:

Next to the towel box is a cabinet with robes. They are hidden behind the doors and look like towels - so you can easily miss them.

If you didn't get your hair wet in the T-pool and don't plan to get it wet, then keep a towel over your head in the oriental steam room.

Some tiles loungers are hotter then others. If you don't like one of them then don't feel silly about moving around and trying some others.

Aside from a hammock on Serenity after midnight, there is no better place to relax with your sweetheart than on the fwd facing tile loungers. Use your towels or robe to roll under your lower back and neck.

Heated lounger make sore calves happy after a day of hiking through the rain forest :)

"secret decks" ?

It's a funny term I see being used here quite often. There really is no secret though :cool: If you go all the way fwd in the cabin corridors ( I think it was decks 5-8) and through a knee-knocker with a port hole in it - you reach a small observation deck =)

Many cruise lines use those heated loungers. If you google heated lounger or heated table you will find a site that sells them. I think they are around $15000 and required 220 V. We were told that to make them effective you should put a towel over the tiles as that helps keep the heat intact. They may not look it but they are very comfortable.

Many cruise lines use those heated loungers. If you google heated lounger or heated table you will find a site that sells them. I think they are around $15000 and required 220 V. We were told that to make them effective you should put a towel over the tiles as that helps keep the heat intact. They may not look it but they are very comfortable.

I used a towel when the tiles felt too hot and it made it less hot on my skin. This only happened in the room with 2 loungers with the one on the right side. The floor on that side also gets pretty hot. On some of the loungers which arent very warm/hot the towel means no heat at all gets through. They are comfortable but if you are short like me, then you need to doctor it up a bit :D

We were also on cruise, no complaints. We were sad to miss Cm, we hadn't been there. Serenity is great place to lounge, padded loungers bar service below and walk down one flight to bathroom.

ream. I don't think the board needs another long review and time doesn't really permit me to cover everything SO, I will list the things that we did and perhaps I can offer info on something you'd like to know more about.

It's understandable if you don't have the time, but people love reviews. This board never has too many reviews!

We were able to hear sounds from the Burgundy when we were in the hallway. Our friends in 6498 heard sounds from their room but it did not disturb them. We only heard sounds once, midday during a band practice. The lounge is used mostly for comedy and some karaoke in the evenings. They weren't inherently loud events. I brought ear plugs just incase but only wound up using them on the drive home to block out our friend's snoring :eek:

The deck of room 6479 ( as well as the other corner 6492?) are the largest decks on the ship. The deck had 2 loungers, 2 chairs, tables and a ton of space. When you are on deck 5 promenade you cannot see any person that is below the tinted wall (railing) of 6479. If you stand with your back against the railing of 6479 and crane your neck backwards you can see the balconies of 9 and 8 but not 7. The people on these decks have to crane over their railing to see 10-12 inches of the deck of 6479 ( along the railing). The deck of 6479 is so long that there is a spot big enough for a lounger that cannot be seen by either adjoining cabin even if the people lean around their divider ( more difficult for starboard neighbor than aft neighbor). We often pulled the lounges lengthwise on the deck and parked them in the shade that was created by the tinted wall (railing). We used our deck ALOT , both day and night. There was sufficient breeze and shade for me to be comfortable - and I am NOT one that likes to lay in the sun.

We have the other aft wrap, 6492, booked for our Jan. cruise. So glad to hear about the deck. Do you have any pictures of the room or deck? Loved hearing about your experiences.

Claudia

• 2 weeks later...
Here is a link to an album of pictures that were from the photo shoot as well as one photo of the cast of the Legends show. I will probably remove permissions on this album after a time.

I tried to see the pics put it says that permissions have been removed. Did I miss being able to see them. We are going on the Dream in May for our 20th anniversary and was wondering about wither it would be worth it.

Are the Ocean Pals nice? I ordered for upcoming cruise for Nephew...

I thought that they were worth the $10 sale price. I wouldn't let a small child have the net bag because the way that the drawstring is designed could be really hazardous. The animals themselves are pretty decent quality. I expected them to be beanie sized but they are much larger than that !

We have the other aft wrap, 6492, booked for our Jan. cruise. So glad to hear about the deck. Do you have any pictures of the room or deck? Loved hearing about your experiences.

Claudia

I just realized that the photos of the cabin are on my husbands cell phone. I need to get them from him and then I will be very happy to share. We loved this room :)

We are going on the Dream in August and booked with Viv tours in Belize. I have a couple of questions.

How was it getting off the ship in the morning? I'm worried about the whole tender process and getting off in a decent amount of time.

What time did you get back? Will there be enough time to have a couple of Beliken beers before heading back to ship?

Thanks in advance for info.

We are going on the Dream in August and booked with Viv tours in Belize. I have a couple of questions.

How was it getting off the ship in the morning? I'm worried about the whole tender process and getting off in a decent amount of time.

What time did you get back? Will there be enough time to have a couple of Beliken beers before heading back to ship?

Thanks in advance for info.

I have not been on the Dream yet - but I will cruise in early July. That said, I have been to Belize City by cruise many times. Tendering to shore takes about 30 minutes - waiting on the tender to fill it up and the ride over. We are divers, and have always taken the early tender to shore with the photo crew (by asking the Purser) and the ride over has never been an issue. We always fly over to Ambergris Caye if the ship remains in port all day. I don't know how long our ship will stay - if it has an early departure, we will pass on diving there. The return is always a pain - long, long lines in the afternoon that move very slowly.

Archived