Help! Shoe Question in a hurry!

ddgleason

We leave Staurday. Here's the deal. I am tying to limit the number of shoes I am packing. (really, I tend to go over board with the shoes) But we are flying this time and I just can't pack as many as I would like. So, here's the dilemma: I have 2 dresses for dinners that are completely black. Is it OK to wear a pair of nude colored heels? I don't want to have to pack an extra pair of shoes for those 2 dresses. I have always been told that you should go dark or darker as you go down but with the nude heels coming into vogue now, I am scrapping that lesson. Or am I wrong and that still is a good guideline to live by? HELP!!!!

If you're comfortable with it, wear them.

I personally a)don't like nude shoes, and b) don't wear shoes with a lighter tone than my hemline. I know, I know, I'm a 120 yrs old inside a 38 yr old body. But I'm not comfortable in light shoes with a dark hemline and I don't like the look on others. That's not "judging" - that's just acknowledging that we all have different taste & styles.

I wear the same dress shoes(silver) every night at dinner the whole cruise, they go with everything I brought on cruise or vacay. Not once any one notices- neutral color is fine. don't stress

I also have a good tip for all, make sure your shoes are broken in and not never worn ever new- no one likes blisters on their vacation.(personal experience) Test drive new shoes before trip. I also have my shoemaker resole them to rubber soles so I don't slip, no one notices they are rubber soles. I like the safety of no slip(that's just my own choice)

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I will go with the nude then. And anything that helps lengthen my legs is a good thing (only 5'1).

Hoya, I completely understand your point of view. I feel the same way which is what is causing my dilemma! But I am attempting to step out of my fashion comfort zone. We will see how that goes! Thanks again everyone! 4 more days for me!!!!!

Whenever I have a questionable fashion decision to make, I type it into Google for an answer. Try searching "black dress with nude pumps or shoes" and see all the images that come up. Pictures of many very fashionable celebrities (in this case) and then I can decide if I like what I see.

But I think you've already received good advice..nude shoes go with everything, just a suggestion for the future.

Archived