What is the price of a bottle of wine now?

We are considering getting a wine package. Looking at the 5 bottle Gold package, it costs $27 a bottle. I was just wondering if they offer bottles of wine on the ship that are less than $27 a bottle? I would just buy the less expensive wine on the ship if that were the case. It's been quite a few years since we have cruised and I remember getting wine for less than that; I'm sure the prices have gone up some, but that much? Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks.

We are considering getting a wine package. Looking at the 5 bottle Gold package, it costs $27 a bottle. I was just wondering if they offer bottles of wine on the ship that are less than $27 a bottle? I would just buy the less expensive wine on the ship if that were the case. It's been quite a few years since we have cruised and I remember getting wine for less than that; I'm sure the prices have gone up some, but that much? Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks.

Not that I've seen. White Zin is $28 or $29 and Riesling is $29. I think Pinot Grigio is around that too. Those were the cheapest I've seen

I buy Sutter Home White Zin. for $6.29 for a BIG (double) bottle (I know...I'm a wine "redneck"! it's not too sweet...not too dry...so sue me!) ....the wine is SOOOOO overpriced on the ship, I will drink beer or cocktails on the ship...More BANG for you buck!

If fewer folks paid the exorbinant prices, they'd HAVE to stop charging "highway robbery" prices for half-assed wines!

If you would like to see the current wine list (I heard that it was changing soon, but as of right now it's current), follow the link in my signature to the RCI 2010 wine list album. My recollection is that there are a couple of bottles under $27 (remember that you need to add a 15% service charge to the price, whether by the bottle or the package).

As for the wine being overpriced, you can't compare the cost onboard with the cost at your favorite retailer. Compare it to a restaurant. I've seen several wines that cost quite a bit more on land, included the much-reviled (and deservedly so IMO) La Terre, the RCI house wine.

I buy Sutter Home White Zin. for $6.29 for a BIG (double) bottle (I know...I'm a wine "redneck"! it's not too sweet...not too dry...so sue me!) ....the wine is SOOOOO overpriced on the ship, I will drink beer or cocktails on the ship...More BANG for you buck!

If fewer folks paid the exorbinant prices, they'd HAVE to stop charging "highway robbery" prices for half-assed wines!

I love Sutter Home White Zinfadel ( sp?)!:D

• 1 month later...

Archived