tacky or not?

S.S.Oceanlover

This is really OFF of the subject, but it reminded me of something.

Just a couple days ago I received an EOB from my insurance company, stating they were not paying the bill. The clincher.......it was in regard to my doctors office doing paper work on me while I was not able to work on my job, but it was service (from a billing service) on a "Saturday", which he is NOT open.:rolleyes:That threw me for a loop, so I called my doctors office and ask about this. I thought $70 was pretty high for the paper work, but my doctors office said not to worry about it, as their office would probably never send me the bill, or maybe my other insurance would pay for it.

I know $2 doesn't seem like much, but if you had several $2 amounts, then I would be concerned. With this being the only charge, like others said, and I believe you agreed, you would just forget it, but had just ask what other people thought.

and finally I received a letter that I had to pickup at the post office and sign for that cost the bank $5.75 telling me that they couldn't process the $2 check.

Putting it through the shredder now.

Bill

I was in the same situation as you, and got my belated $2 check (dated May 7) as you did. I haven't been notified it bounced, but today I got another $2 check saying it is replacing the previous $2 check which was "incorrect". It said the company handling the refund, Bottomline Technologies, was responsible, not Princess and that Bottomline would reimburse any bank charges the incorrect checks may have caused.

I assume you'll get the same letter, but it says to call them at 877-443-6944 with any questions. I'm wondering if my first $2 check will eventually bounce too. And if it doesn't, should i still cash the new $2 check?

Once I got the $48, I thought "close enough". The extra $2 is more trouble than it's worth as it turns out.

I was in the same situation as you, and got my belated $2 check (dated May 7) as you did. I haven't been notified it bounced, but today I got another $2 check saying it is replacing the previous $2 check which was "incorrect". It said the company handling the refund, Bottomline Technologies, was responsible, not Princess and that Bottomline would reimburse any bank charges the incorrect checks may have caused.

I assume you'll get the same letter, but it says to call them at 877-443-6944 with any questions. I'm wondering if my first $2 check will eventually bounce too. And if it doesn't, should i still cash the new $2 check?

Once I got the $48, I thought "close enough". The extra $2 is more trouble than it's worth as it turns out.

Yes i got another check in the mail this week saying pretty much what yours said.

These $2 checks are costing somebody a lot more than $2.

Bill

When I first read your question I was in agreement that it was tacky of Princess. However, then I read BobT172's comment.

I was on the same cruise...

What I find VERY TACKY is to even post this IMHO.... especially since Princess fully refunded the cruise, paid for the additional expenses and gave other good will credits....

If BobT is correct, then, as I understand it, you got 4 or 5 days of free cruising including all the meals. Yes, I know it wasn't what you originally intended and I understand that you were disappointed. However, you did get those days essentially for free. BobT also mentions additional expenses (whatever they were) and other "good will credits." Could that be a $50 or $100 shipboard credit on a future cruise? Whatever, it seems like all that is worth much more than $2.

You are certainly allowed to have your opinion and if you feel that you were taken advantage of and that the $2 is very important to you that's fine but, if it were me, I would think that I came out ahead.

I will also say that I wouldn't call your posting of this question tacky. You have every right to post what you want but, again, I would focus on the positive of what I received in compensation.

When I first read your question I was in agreement that it was tacky of Princess. However, then I read BobT172's comment.

If BobT is correct, then, as I understand it, you got 4 or 5 days of free cruising including all the meals. Yes, I know it wasn't what you originally intended and I understand that you were disappointed. However, you did get those days essentially for free. BobT also mentions additional expenses (whatever they were) and other "good will credits." Could that be a $50 or $100 shipboard credit on a future cruise? Whatever, it seems like all that is worth much more than $2.

You are certainly allowed to have your opinion and if you feel that you were taken advantage of and that the $2 is very important to you that's fine but, if it were me, I would think that I came out ahead.

I will also say that I wouldn't call your posting of this question tacky. You have every right to post what you want but, again, I would focus on the positive of what I received in compensation.

No the $2 does not mean that much to me. As this continues to drag on I find it humorous so I kept updating the thread.

Yes I was more than a little disappointed to have used my last vacation week used to float around the ocean for 5 days.

I was also disappointed that Princess was not more flexible in letting us cancel the night before the cruise was set to sail after we found out the ship had the noro.

In the end putting it into perspective I feel fortunate that I even have the means to cruise while there are others in this country that don't even know where their next meal is coming from.

Bill

• 2 months later...

As a final update, my bank eventually notified me the first $2 Bottomline check did indeed bounce, and I got charged a fee for it. Bottomline, as they promised, did send us a check to cover that fee. So in the end we got all the money back. But with $2 checks and $15 bounced check fees, it was all really penny ante stuff anyway, so I wasn't too worried about it.

Archived