Check your ES again!- 3rd this week!

kayhold

Ok, I keep seeing people say they are getting really great price drops/OBC. Help me out. I am going to Carnival's website and doing a "mock" booking and the rate is actually more than what I paid. I am on the Liberty 4/28 to eastern car. Am I doing it wrong or I am just out of luck. LOL :)

It might be in the limbo state where they don't change the price until 7-10 days out. Keep checking a few times a day and you might get lucky.

Just got another $60. Up to $300 (not counting the upgrade we took)

Nice! I just saw the price dropped another $10, so now I should get another $40 credit/reduction.

It might be in the limbo state where they don't change the price until 7-10 days out. Keep checking a few times a day and you might get lucky.

Nice! I just saw the price dropped another $10, so now I should get another $40 credit/reduction.

Yay! Good job!

Right now, our original booking rate was 319, pp and balconies are at $417. If the balcony prices ever drop remotely close to 319, we will def upgrade.

We're a foursome (Husband, kid, mother in law and myself) so I'm be willing to go balcony at 340pp or so, probably won't happen.

Use the fare viewer and you have to price match to a cabin above yours..

Why do you have to match to a price of a cabin above yours?

If your ES Cat reduces you get the reduction on the same cabin cat you booked surly?

Den

Why do you have to match to a price of a cabin above yours?

If your ES Cat reduces you get the reduction on the same cabin cat you booked surly?

Den

If your cabin category is sold out, it will not show you the price. They won't have a price for people to see, because there is nothing to buy.

After 300 in price drops, my interior category on the Fantasy soldout. I did however check the oceanview rates and was able to upgrade to an OV for only $20 more total. YAY We do however, have to let them pick our cabin. My question is this; the rate we received was Resident rate for Tennessee. The category was just plain ol' OV for the $20 more. Then 6B for a higher rate 6C etc. What are the differences in the OV categories and can we get the price difference for the 6B, 6C cabins since they are oceanviews if they drop below what we gave? We booked ES obviously and we are now paid in full so I know anything we get would be in OBC. Thanks for any help with this.

If your cabin category is sold out, it will not show you the price. They won't have a price for people to see, because there is nothing to buy.

My daughter called and told me to submit my form in as our price dropped. This afternoon I submitted the form and I know I will get the price drop as I booked ES. It is a small one this time $30, but hey, 3 or so drinks, right :)? That is a total of $327.64 with this 4th price drop. Now what I would like to know is how do you get an upgrade? I want to keep my cabin and the only way I would upgrade would be to a Suite (I am on the Empress Deck with a Balcony, mid ship). I love my cabin and want to stay, but anyone would be a fool not to upgrade to a suite if the price was the same or a little more, which I doubt it would happen :rolleyes:. Just want to be aware of all possibilities. I picked my balcony room. I don't want anyone to just pick a cabin for me.

After 300 in price drops, my interior category on the Fantasy soldout. I did however check the oceanview rates and was able to upgrade to an OV for only $20 more total. YAY We do however, have to let them pick our cabin. My question is this; the rate we received was Resident rate for Tennessee. The category was just plain ol' OV for the $20 more. Then 6B for a higher rate 6C etc. What are the differences in the OV categories and can we get the price difference for the 6B, 6C cabins since they are oceanviews if they drop below what we gave? We booked ES obviously and we are now paid in full so I know anything we get would be in OBC. Thanks for any help with this.

Lets say you paid 200 for 6b, but now 6c is the same price, you can move.

If it's cheaper, you can take the full credit, OR move and take the difference.

C D E etc are ship locations, really. Midship tends to be the most popular spot so those rooms are more expensive. The higher up you are, the more expensive, for the convenience of being closer to things.

For instance, a 6a is on the bottom, rivieria deck, in the front.

A 6E is on the empress deck, midship.

Thank you Kayhold for your explaination. I'm a such a visual learner, so I really need it spelled out for me:o I'm so happy to know that I still have possibilities of OBC's for my oceanview. Thanks again!

No problem!

A lot of the time, even though its sold out now, things will change.

My upcoming was sold out of 4A's for a LONG time but like us, people upgrade and they open up again.

Nevermind - I just read that it only works before final payment + I used a TA. drats

You should contact your TA and let them know and they might be able to get it for you.

We did that a couple of weeks ago and got upgraded and $100 obc. I just sent her another email telling her about the price drop today so she can file the paperwork and have it applied to our obc and hopefully get upgraded again....:D

You should contact your TA and let them know and they might be able to get it for you.

We did that a couple of weeks ago and got upgraded and $100 obc. I just sent her another email telling her about the price drop today so she can file the paperwork and have it applied to our obc and hopefully get upgraded again....:D

Good Advice!

Please note that Carnival's Fare Viewer site does NOT include taxes on the results page. I thought we were going to get almost $300 off our cruise price until the TA, Carnival, and I had a 3-way phone call. Carnival really needs to post a note on the page stating that taxes are not included in the price shown. DRAT!! Thought I was going to save $$.

Anna

Please answer, if your category is gone, does ES still qualify?

If you're in 6a, for instance, and 6B is cheaper, you can move up to a 6b and take the difference in credit, OR stay and take the full credit.

So you can price match to any cabin category above yours.

How do you check your ES Rate when it isn't showing up for you cruise anymore?!?

-Aug 26-Splendor-

Someone may have answered this for you by now... I didn't read the replies after your post... but I had this same question for awhile. You can check ANY rate that you qualify for now. So, if you're a senior citizen, check that rate -- if you're a past guest, check that rate. Now that the 'Early Saver' category is gone, you can look in others. I'm glad I found this out before too late, I would've missed out on quite a few OBC$$. I did miss about 2 months of checking the other categories before I found out... but it's ok, not complaining. Happy to get what I'm getting!!

My Early Saver rate for the Jun 15, 2102 Breeze has been all over the place. I got a few small adjustments to my rate before final payment and then the rate went up considerably and after we got within 90 days, I checked the military discount and I hit the jackpot. There is going to be some heavy drinking on this cruise to use up all that OBC :)

Wish ours would drop again (but maybe I am just greedy). But we did luck out so far to get to move from a 4B up to a 6E for only $5.00 more PP ($20 total). So no OBC, but a great rate for a better room!:D

Archived