Which section in Amsterdam

I chose to stay near the city center so that I could walk most anywhere I wanted to go to see the sites. I chose the Renaissance Amsterdam on Kattengat street. I was a 5 minute walk to the Centraal train station (for a day trip), and a 5 minute walk to the Damrak street. Most people probably would have taken a taxi to the cruise terminal from there, but it was a nice day and I had plenty of time, so I even walked from the hotel to the cruise ship with my luggage on wheels. It's a very walkable city. Are you looking for anything in particular?

We are just gathering info right now. We are open to all advice and cc is the place to go for this :)

We would like a hotel or B&B that is not too much $ and a good location.

I will look at you suggestion . We are good walkers, so how far was this hotel to the port?

Thanks

The Renaissance is about 1 mile from the cruise terminal. It took me about 30 minutes to walk it with luggage and I cut through the train station to shorten the distance. But I also stopped along the way a couple times. If you really want to keep the distance short, the Movenpic Hotel is directly at the cruise terminal. It doesn't get any closer. But I'm not sure how expensive it is. FYI... the Renaissance is a business class hotel. It's nothing close to a B&B. It's also not quaint or particularly unique.

Nothing is really far apart in Amsterdam, it is a rather compact city with excellent public transport.

If you want to visit the museums, stay in that area or choose a hotel not too far from the cruiseterminal or Centraal Station.

Archived