Hotel in Amsterdan

Centrum near the Dam or Centraal station ...you can walk to the PTA if you like

Of course the tram system is very good for getting to the sights

The Movenpick is right next to the PTA so you can just drop your bags at the port & go off exploring till boarding time if you want

Centrum near the Dam or Centraal station ...you can walk to the PTA if you like

Of course the tram system is very good for getting to the sights

The Movenpick is right next to the PTA so you can just drop your bags at the port & go off exploring till boarding time if you want

Thanks I will check these areas. The Movenpick is not our style of hotel. We prefer a smaller type. I agree it would be convienent. :cool:

Thanks I will check these areas. The Movenpick is not our style of hotel. We prefer a smaller type. I agree it would be convienent. :cool:

check out Trip Advisor you may find something suitable in the Centrum or Dam square area but there is always the trams to get you to the port

check on the Amsterdam forum there ..quite a few locals may be able to advise you on the smaller hotels in the area

enjoy

We stayed at the Estherea last year, with some American friends who were finishing a river cruise there. The hotel was really nice. Reasonably priced and well located. Breakfast was great and there is constantly coffee and cake on the go in the reception area. We will stay there again on our next visit.

We stayed at the Estherea last year, with some American friends who were finishing a river cruise there. The hotel was really nice. Reasonably priced and well located. Breakfast was great and there is constantly coffee and cake on the go in the reception area. We will stay there again on our next visit.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will check it out :D:D.. Our trip is not until Spring of 2013. I am having a hard time finding hotels that will give price info so far out. :eek: Just having places to look into is a help. :cool:

:confused: I just checked out TripAdviser on your suggestion. The first 10 reviews were NOT good :eek: Take a look.......

Not sure where you are looking. The hotel gets great reviews from almost everyone. We'd go back in a heartbeat!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g188590-d229151-Reviews-Hotel_Estherea-Amsterdam_Noord_Holland.html

:confused::confused:

Not sure where you are looking. The hotel gets great reviews from almost everyone. We'd go back in a heartbeat!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g188590-d229151-Reviews-Hotel_Estherea-Amsterdam_Noord_Holland.html

:confused::confused:

yesterday the first 10 reviews were bad. Someone was bad mouthing them now the reviews are all good

yesterday the first 10 reviews were bad. Someone was bad mouthing them now the reviews are all good

Bizarre. I have only ever seen good reviews for this hotel, although obviously there will be the odd one that doesn't like it. Anyway, Amsterdam is a big city, with lots of hotels. I'm sure you'll find something to suit.:)

Bizarre. I have only ever seen good reviews for this hotel, although obviously there will be the odd one that doesn't like it. Anyway, Amsterdam is a big city, with lots of hotels. I'm sure you'll find something to suit.:)

Sometimes people have a bone to pick with a company and their way to get even is to place bad reviews on TA. This has happened To a friend of mine who owns a B &B in Italy. When I looked at this hotel the next day all the bad reviews were removed except for one. It does look like a very nice hotel.:)

Sometimes people have a bone to pick with a company and their way to get even is to place bad reviews on TA. This has happened To a friend of mine who owns a B &B in Italy. When I looked at this hotel the next day all the bad reviews were removed except for one. It does look like a very nice hotel.:)

It truly is nice, and the staff are very very friendly. Great restaurant at the back of the hotel, across the road, called Haesje Claes (I think that's the spelling). Real local food in a great atmosphere. Well worth a look.:)

We are staying 3-nights pre-cruise at HOTEL FITA which is ranked #5 on TripAdvisor. It is also a TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice 2012 Winner as #8 of the "Top 20 Hotels for SERVICE in The Netherlands" and #5 of the "Top 10 BARGAIN Hotels In The Netherlands." HOTEL FITA is a 15-room, family owned and run hotel in the Museum District and is located near the Van Gogh and Rijksmuseum and a tram line. Our reservations were made 10 months prior to our cruise and were made directly with the hotel at hotelfita@gmail.com. Happy planning! Hope this helps.

We stayed 3 nights this past summer at the Hotel Estherea and it was amazing. What a charming boutique hotel, on the beautiful Singel Canal...We walked everywhere, a few blocks up to Dam Square/Royal Palace, near enough to the flower market. Old world charm, friendly service at the front desk, coffee/tea/hot chocolate maker in lobby with afternoon cookies/cakes. Granted, we did not pay for the continental breakfast - too expensive - but there was a great little breakfast place at the street end, and around the corner a bakery, if you prefer a "sweet" breakfast.

On the downside, at the time they charged for Internet in the room- but there were 2 computers downstairs in the lobby, and access was free- go figure?

Have not read Trip Advisor reviews lately, but at the time I researched it was probably #2 to #4 in the ratings. the rooms are on the small side as it is a boutique hotel, the bathrooms actually very spacious and modern.

What area would be good for a pre cruise visit. We would like to be close enough to the port but also walking distance to most highlights of the city.

Thanks for your advice ;)

We stayed before our rivercruise at Banks Mansion. NO complaints whatsoever. Next to flower market. We also hired a private guide for a walking tour of the city for the afternoon. It was a full day but worth every minute. Would love to go back someday

We stayed before our rivercruise at Banks Mansion. NO complaints whatsoever. Next to flower market. We also hired a private guide for a walking tour of the city for the afternoon. It was a full day but worth every minute. Would love to go back someday

Thank you all! I love this web site :D. Always great responses

Thank you all! I love this web site :D. Always great responses

Me too. The only problem is that it's like going into a great restaurant with a fabulous menu. You have too much to choose from!!:D

Here's something I remembered. I am pretty sure that if you log onto the Estherea Hotel website and register for the 'Friends of Estherea' (It is free) then I think you qualify for free breakfasts and maybe one or two other benefits. I will check it out for you.

Yep. I just checked it. You get free breakfasts (good) and free wireless internet.

Here's a link

http://www.estherea.nl/friends.php?lg=en

Thanks TowncarT

Free food is great! This hotel is a little out of our price but perhaps it is worth it!! I will just save more $$$$. :eek:

If not, there are plenty more great choices out there. Amsterdam is a great city, and its people are very friendly. Oranje bovenaan!!:)

Thanks TowncarT

Free food is great! This hotel is a little out of our price but perhaps it is worth it!! I will just save more $$$$. :eek:

Banks Mansion also had a free breakfast AND open bar. It was pricey but we only stayed one night and decided to go for it! Great way to start a vacation. Hope you find something that suits you

Archived