12 step program for cruiseaholics?

Terre

Past It, I'm so glad you found us. You can talk to us all you want about cruising...we won't turn a deaf ear. Go ahead, tell me all about it...what ship is your favorite, where did you go, how was the food, entertainment, tell me more, I gotta hear more, please don't stop now!

Hello, this is Barbara and I have freely admitted being Totally Addicted!! I have gotten such a laugh from all of you!!

Justin, I love your 12 steps, right up the gangway!!!

Anyone been on the Princess cruise 15 days from LA to Hawaii and back? We have a cruise booked but what will I do as that comes and goes!!?? I think always having two booked may be the way to go!! :D

My name is Rita and I, too, am hopelessly addicted.

I just returned from Island Princess' last 15-day Hawaii for the season, and now have to wait almost eight months for my next cruise. Boy, am I hurting already. :(

The Island was beautiful, the food delicious, the sea days luxurious, the ports beautiful. Except for the fact that I wish we had had a bit more time in the ports, the cruise was perfect! You'll love this itinerary!

Guess, I'll go and check the bridge cams now ... and get my "fix."

Blue skies ...

--rita

There is a really cute thread in the Floataway Lounge titled something about "You might be a cruise addict if..." (In Jeff Foxworthy style)...

For those who liked this thread, be sure to check it out... it's hilarious (and very scary how TRUE much of it is!!! :eek: ).

Past It, I'm so glad you found us. You can talk to us all you want about cruising...we won't turn a deaf ear. Go ahead, tell me all about it...what ship is your favorite, where did you go, how was the food, entertainment, tell me more, I gotta hear more, please don't stop now!

Thanks for your kind words Terre,I love lurking on this site,still can't make-up mind about next ship.It will probably be in the carribean.Adventure or Serenade? Have to find out the air fair to San Juan from Aust.I like the look of the inside promenade rooms. I have never had a balconey though! It must be lovely for you over there to choose from so many. If you didn't like it,you just choose a different one next time. I have to get it right,as it will cost such a lot.I won't be able to do it again for a long time.The ships here are very basic.I think thats what put a downer on my last cruise,as I found a site with all the large,beautiful ships on a few weeks before I went.Mine was verrrrry basic,had fun but was not jawdropping as I had built myself up to believe.So I have to go on oneof them at least once to see for myself. My DH won't go on a ship after being verry seasick years ago. I have tried to tell him they are better now and we have patches etc. But no go.Thanks for listening to my rantings. I will checkout this thread on floataway

• 3 years later...
Hey, that would be a GREAT idea for the next chicken soup book... Chicken Soup for the Cruisers Soul!!!

Maybe we should all start our own book!

I'd buy it! Something along the lines of the old "Coffee, Tea or Me" for fliers.

Welcome all you new members to Openly Addicted to Cruising.

This is why we all come to Cruise Critic every day and get our fix reading about cruising.

There is no cure for this disease...

31 Cruises since 1965

Cruise Critic does not help, it just feeds my addiction. I booked my next cruise because people recommended the aft cabins with the larger balconies and I just had to pick up that phone, God help me.

Soon the kids will have to drop out of school, we will have to sell the second car and slap a mortgage on the house. Ultimately my husband will leave me for a rich old widow who can support HIS addiction.

Archived