Princess champagne catamaran?

bickee

Has anyone ever done this (full-day) and if so, do you tip at the end? Trying to decide between the princess excursion and the Winifred, Winifred would be 115 each + tip, princess 99 each, not sure about tip. Thanks!

Take the non Princess trip even if it is a little more all of these independant trips have been raved about. Yes tip anywhere from $5.00 to 20% I am hearing for a full day. Of course some don't tip at all.

I took the 1/2 day catamaran trip and it was just ok. Champagne my $#%. They opened up 2 bottles for the whole ship 10 minutes before we returned back from the sail. That was a disapointment to me!!!

I have been on the full day Princess Champagne Catamaran 5 Times.

The boat is called Heavenly Days & its owned by the Bologna Bay Hotel.

Captain Pete & crew are some of the very BEST we've experienced in

our over 40 trips to the islands in the carribbean.

Champagne flows all day ( as well as a complete open bar ) and last

trip in March we emptied over 20 bottles of champagne. The boat holds

40 but normally there are about 20-25 aboard.

Food is catered by the hotel & has always been very good.

Stop for snorkling is at Honeymoon Beach in St. John.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

PS - Yes, we always tip the crew.

Princess lists 2 catamaran tours:

1. Champagne Catamaran Sailaway to St. John - 4.5 hours $79pp

and

2. Full Day Catamaran Sail to St. John with Lunch - 6 hours $99pp

Is the full day for $99 the one to go with?? We are also trying to decide on a Princess Tour or booking a private charter. We have some time to decide though, but I thought if we decide to go private, we should book sooner rather than later.

logie and crusinqueen,

Thanks, I've prebooked the 1/2 day trip, maybe I'll switch to the full day after reading your comments.

I have one question, logie, does the 1/2 day trip also stop at Honeymoon Beach in St. John? And, at the beach stop, do they dock at a pier on the beach or do you have to anchor offshore and swim to the beach?

I'm not a swimmer so I'm a bit worried about that! Also, logie, do you recall what the name of the catamaran was on the 1/2 day sail?

Yes...................... Go with the full day tour. It is well worth the

extra $20. As I stated above, we have done it 5 times and each one

is just as good as the previous ones.

Totally agree! We've been on the FULL DAY 4 times and were very pleased!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

PS .... We always tip the crew.

Hi

I wish I could remember the name of the ship, but I can't. The weather was a bit rough that day so we did not go to St John or any land, we stopped out somewhere I think it was St James in the middle of the sea for snorkeling and that was it.

It was not a bad tour but not that exciting either. Last week I went on High Pockets and had the best snorkel tour ever. But we were out so sea all day here too, but we only had 5 of us on the tour and were treated excellent.

I think you should go with the full day tour either with Princess or research one of the local operators where you will get more for your money, in my opinion.

Have fun either way and make sure to wear your vest in the water, you will be fine. Salt water also helps to keep you afloat.....even after a few :)

No contest do Winifred. We did lasy year and its a superb day out. I had never snorkled before.......1st cruise and not much snorkeling in UK. It was made real easy. We saw honeymoon bay and full moon bay. A gorgeous meal showers.......great company and just the 4 of us. Going back in August off Caribbean Princess (don't you dare take our date!)

Archived