Port information on board

stevet2607

I remember last time we cruised on P&O, 5 years ago, that information for each port was left the evening before we docked in the little mail / newspaper rack outside the cabin. I seem to remember it was useful information / places to visit / street map etc etc.

Is such information still provided?

On our last three cruises the port info sheets have been in a folder in the cabin along with the cruise overview. Very handy as you could plan ahead. They do give a nice potted summary of the port of call with the main places to see and a map.

When you embark, you'll find lots of useful info in a folder in your cabin. This will include the leaflets about all the ports you mentioned in your questions, the overview of the cruise which gives you the entertainment highlights and the dress code each evening and also some other bits and pieces like what's on t.v. We find it very useful to have all this in advance.

I take a photograph of the port of call title from the leaflet before taking the days pictures - helps me remember which ones are from where. :o anorak or what. :rolleyes:

Too sensible by half, I must forward the idea to the other half! :)

They say you should always take the port info leaflet with you while on land as it contains the telephone numbers of the port authority incase you were to miss the ship sail and are stranded in a foreign country, perhaps with your passport in the ships safe....:eek:

They say you should always take the port info leaflet with you while on land as it contains the telephone numbers of the port authority incase you were to miss the ship sail and are stranded in a foreign country, perhaps with your passport in the ships safe....:eek:

If passengers are left behind, their passports are left with the port agents for their onward travel, assuming they don't have them on them.

The port guides are found in a folder on the day you arrive in your cabin so you can read up on each one before you arrive but warning some are out of date I often google the local tourist info before we go and often down load a local map some even do a print off walking tour of the town etc so its worth doing home work before you go.

yes do take the Horizon ashore as the port agents number is in there and in an emergancy .. taken ill etc you need to contact them who in turn can inform the ship etc etc...

If passengers are left behind, their passports are left with the port agents for their onward travel, assuming they don't have them on them.

Would they take some of the funds from the safe too so we could afford to get to the next port. :D

We have always had a folder of port info in our cabins but on our recent Caribbean cruise on Azura, we didnt have any. There were port guides on the desk by the tours counter. I just thought it was part of the cuts in service that we notice little by little each year!

Wonder now, after reading these comments, if it had just not been put in our cabin!

Archived