Would you like to follow me?

Jilly and Roy were lucky to make it to the Cairo Museum and the Pyramids after all. Doesn't sound much different since the days when we did the same thing.

http://jillnroyscruises.blogspot.com.au/

I saw those demonstrations on the TV and thought at the time

they would be a long way away from all that....

then read the blog only to find out they were right amongst it.:eek:

What an adventure.

They will have some grteat stories to tell

I'll follow along as well. I'll be on Voyager of the Seas next year during its Fremantle to Singapore repositioning cruise - one of the few itineraries that don't require a long flight from/back home!

Has there been any other changes on board lately other than the shop refit? I notice a flat screen TV in the cabin, although official cabin photos on RCI's site show the older kind. Are they hooked up for interactive TV (e.g. view onboard account from tv)?

How is the Windjammer/Island Grill configured currently - do they still offer identical food in both areas to spread out the foot traffic a little or differ? What do you think of the MDR menus so far?

Seems to be a bit of confusion here as to the Cruise Director on the ship right now...

according to the info I have...Gordon Watmore is CD right now and due to be replaced in Dubai.

Yet Jill says Jimmy is CD ???????/

• 2 weeks later...

:)Jill,

Just a note to say what a fantastic job you have done with the blog - everyday we enjoy reading your daily news and, as frequent cruisers, have almost felt we were sharing your experiences.

Well done.

We have also been interested as I have a friend on board who is doing the full trip with you - I shall meet up with him in the gym in a couple of weeks and will probably know more about the cruise than he does!

You latest blog entry mentions you worked for Air New Zealand. I did too in the latter part of the 70s, based in Auckland. Those were the days of Morrie Davis as CEO, and I left one year before the Mount Erebus disaster. Fortunately I didn't know anyone onboard, but knew several staff members who had a rough time at the Royal Commission.

Enjoy your last few days and we look forward to your next blog.

Don

Now that your cruise has finished I would like to thank you for your blog and I'm sure that many people from this site feel the same way. Hurry up and do another cruise, I'm missing the blog already. Good on yer both.

Dave

Seems to be a bit of confusion here as to the Cruise Director on the ship right now...

according to the info I have...Gordon Watmore is CD right now and due to be replaced in Dubai.

Yet Jill says Jimmy is CD ???????/

Hello Des.... we're back. Jimmy was the CD from New Orleans to Dubai then Gordon took over and he will be the Cruise Director right through and including Australia/New Zealand.

Hope you all enjoyed the cruise with us.:) If there's any questions you would like to ask about Voyager fire away and I'll answer them. It was a little difficult to respond from the ship as sometimes the internet was so slow, other times it was quite good, but, as always it's quite expensive.

Jilly:)

Thanks for much...we enjoyed the blog immensely, finally can we really ask a favour how about rating the entire trip plus some tips and tricks..I really think there are others who would be so interested.

sue

:)Jill,

Just a note to say what a fantastic job you have done with the blog - everyday we enjoy reading your daily news and, as frequent cruisers, have almost felt we were sharing your experiences.

Well done.

We have also been interested as I have a friend on board who is doing the full trip with you - I shall meet up with him in the gym in a couple of weeks and will probably know more about the cruise than he does!

You latest blog entry mentions you worked for Air New Zealand. I did too in the latter part of the 70s, based in Auckland. Those were the days of Morrie Davis as CEO, and I left one year before the Mount Erebus disaster. Fortunately I didn't know anyone onboard, but knew several staff members who had a rough time at the Royal Commission.

Enjoy your last few days and we look forward to your next blog.

Don

Thanks Don. I started working there in the 70's too. Where did you work? Email me if you like.

Hi

Another big thankyou from us too, enjoyed your blog very much. We sail on VOS from Singapore to Perth in October so it was fantastic to hear "first hand" what she is like. Will re-read your blog and ask questions if you don't mind?

Cheers,

Kirrarne

Sure ask away, I'm happy to answer any questions. I'm sure you'll have a great time on board Voyager. :)

Thanks for sharing your blog. It was great that you were able to keep it going for the whole trip.

Diane

Thanks Diane, I really enjoyed sending my blog to you all. Just wish I could have been able to post more photos on the blog. However, I've now got to sort through over 2000 photos to find my best pics. I had no idea I had taken that many.:)

Archived