please help!!!

..I know that as a passenger, if I could ever help someone out, I would be more than glad to, and would feel very good doing it...

At the risk of sounding like a hard-hearted witch, I would not be willing to move my long-booked, carefully chosen cabin for anything that I would consider inferior. While the OP is certainly in a difficult situation, another passenger should not be penalized in order to fix her problem.

Actually, it sounds suspiciously like this thread from a month ago on the Family forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1589186

Interesting and while the ages and circumstances are a bit different the overall situation is the same: A couple is booked into a cabin for two and now they want to bring along a toddler, for whom they have not paid a fare, at the last minute. In re-reading the OP the writer attempts to justify this stating that the child would sleep in a roll away that they would bring onboard - as if to make an argument that it wouln't cost the cruise line anything for them to do so. Of course this child will eat, drink, need clean bedding, and use the play and baby sitting services on board.

Interesting and while the ages and circumstances are a bit different the overall situation is the same: A couple is booked into a cabin for two and now they want to bring along a toddler, for whom they have not paid a fare, at the last minute. In re-reading the OP the writer attempts to justify this stating that the child would sleep in a roll away that they would bring onboard - as if to make an argument that it wouln't cost the cruise line anything for them to do so. Of course this child will eat, drink, need clean bedding, and use the play and baby sitting services on board.

People who have never been on a cruise have no clue about some things- she's probably thinking its like a hotel, where she can just bring a pack n' play. Also, I myself have been a one hit wonder many times, especially if I am out of my mind trying to find info, then find out something is not possible, then forget my log in info- who knows??

Evidently the OP didn't use a TA (who would have advised her on adding a child) and didn't take any kind of travel insurance (or she wouldn't be in such a panic).

I entered into this tread because of a situation where a solo traveler (not myself) had a cabin booked more than a year in advance when an attempt was made to shame and guilt her into swapping for a family with a similiar situation. She stood her ground and refused to move out - and in my opinion rightly so. Maybe some here are very altruistic. But lack of planning on the OP's part does not constitute and emergency or obligation on another's part.

Yes, they found our roll call. How convienent that we are the next ship leaving.:rolleyes:. I know they are at least reading the posts because they took the advise of the person that mentioned the good hearted people on their roll call, AND WALLA there they are on our roll call.

Actually, it sounds suspiciously like this thread from a month ago on the Family forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1589186

Just exactly what are you saying......that you think it's the same person?:confused: It's very possible that this circumstance is not unusual for a first time cruiser in that they have no idea that it is just not a matter of adding another person.

Yes, they found our roll call. How convienent that we are the next ship leaving.:rolleyes:. I know they are at least reading the posts because they took the advise of the person that mentioned the good hearted people on their roll call, AND WALLA there they are on our roll call.

Yes, they took the advice of someone to check the roll call. So what? BTW, what is WALLA?

Just exactly what are you saying......that you think it's the same person?:confused: It's very possible that this circumstance is not unusual for a first time cruiser in that they have no idea that it is just not a matter of adding another person.

Yes, they took the advice of someone to check the roll call. So what? BTW, what is WALLA?

Why so hateful? I just don't understand why people have to be so snarky. Can you tell the the purpose of you being so snarky? Did it make you feel better about yourself? Did it make you happy? Do tell.

Why so hateful? I just don't understand why people have to be so snarky. Can you tell the the purpose of you being so snarky? Did it make you feel better about yourself? Did it make you happy? Do tell.

Hateful, snarky????????

I asked two legitimate questions that were neither.

If anyone was being snarky, it was the two posters I was asking the questions.

I was certainly trying to give the benefit of the doubt to the OP, (which those two posters were questioning).

iheartbda,

Obviously you are a kind hearted person who was defending whom you thought has a life situation and felt others were not so kind. I apologize if I offended you but I am not going to apologize for having an opinion. I can guarantee you the OP has read all of these posts and is enjoying the communication they have sparked; I believe that is the game in the first place, to see what communication and fights they can start between normal people enjoying themselves on these boards.

The OP had the time to come to my roll call and rant all over me, twice no less, but they still have not had the courtesy to come back to this post and thank those who tried to help them in the first place. My comment to you was because I deal with people like this everyday in my job unfortunately it is in person and I no longer have the patience for that. When you went off on me and insulted me there was no other type of response.

However, after thinking about your response I repeat what I have already said and that you must be a person who feels for the sorrows of others and it angered you to think I didn't care, but it is just too easy for me to see right through people like the OP and their games. I value your opinion, just not your backlash towards me and your insults.

Archived