Transport Options from MIA to Ft. Lauderdale pre-cruise hotel?

Dr. Pam

A friend of mine is travelling solo from Canada to board the Oasis. She arrives in Miami International a little after midnight and has a hotel (Ft. Lauderdale Hampton Airport North...of which I am a fan :) )reserved in...yes Fort Lauderdale. My question is, "What company offers a safe, economical means of travel between these 2 locations....besides a taxi?" ANy info is very much appreciated. Thanks!

I took the super shuttle from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale, then a taxi to my hotel. I booked the Carnival shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami airport; it was worth it, cause there was a lot of traffic going to miami and the taxi would have been a lot of mony

Arriving that late she might consider changing to a hotel near MIA and then getting to FLL/Port Everglades the next day. From MIA to the FLL area your transportation options are:

• A one way rental car from MIA to FLL is likely the cheapest way to get there - and would let you go someplace for breakfast and do some last minute shopping.
  • A taxi will run $85+ :eek:
  • SuperShuttle will make the trip for about $40 per person; QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ) and Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) are FLL based and may be slightly cheaper. I would double check to make sure they will make that run after midnight. :confused:
  • Larry's Limos has been suggested on these boards for Miami service - probably comparable to taxi fares, but hopefully a much nicer ride.

Good luck! :)

Hi, I'm late to the party, but I'd like to add that depending on when she will be arriving, Tri-Rail (http://www.tri-rail.com/) runs until 9:45 pm. If she took the free shuttle bus from the airport to Tri-Rail, it would only cost $5 to go from the Miami airport to FLL, and then she could get a taxi from there to her hotel. Tri-Rail also runs shuttles to the FLL airport, so if money trumps time/bother, she could take the shuttle to the airport and then take the hotel bus from there.

I ride Tri-Rail to work; it's perfectly safe and usually runs consistently on schedule. Plus, you don't have to deal with Miami traffic. You can't beat the price, either!

Archived