Flordia discounts..

I live in Florida and have a FL DL, but I own a home in MD as well. I booked a cruise with some friends from MD once and they were offering a MD discount. My TA booked us all under the discount. When I checked in for the cruise I was prepared to pay the difference and had proof of my MD residence, not a drivers license but some docs. The agent never asked for it, my cruise booklet (back in the booklet days) even had a sticker on it that proof was going to be required because everything was mailed to my FL address (I guess)...but again nothing happened. It may have just been the agent who knows...

I never even check the MD rate and have never used it again,, but that time no one even checked...just FYI

I live in Florida and have a FL DL, but I own a home in MD as well. I booked a cruise with some friends from MD once and they were offering a MD discount. My TA booked us all under the discount. When I checked in for the cruise I was prepared to pay the difference and had proof of my MD residence, not a drivers license but some docs. The agent never asked for it, my cruise booklet (back in the booklet days) even had a sticker on it that proof was going to be required because everything was mailed to my FL address (I guess)...but again nothing happened. It may have just been the agent who knows...

I never even check the MD rate and have never used it again,, but that time no one even checked...just FYI

Similar experiences here. I have had Ga resident discounts for both RCI cruises I have taken so far (and also on my upcoming cruise) but once I got to the Port to check in, i was asked for nothing but my Passport.

I guess it just depends on how thorough the Agent is at his/her job. :)

I will have my Ga DL ready to give them just as always just in case though.

My partents are Snowbirds, they live (own) property in Flordia. They live there October thru April...

Would they "qualify" for the resident rate?

There may also be a tax benefit to becomming a FL resident.

We had property in both PA and FL, but because our DL's were PA, RCI said no to the discount (it didn't hurt to ask, and I understand their position). We were able to find plenty of cruises with a PA discount, so no harm, no foul.

Similar experiences here. I have had Ga resident discounts for both RCI cruises I have taken so far (and also on my upcoming cruise) but once I got to the Port to check in, i was asked for nothing but my Passport.

I guess it just depends on how thorough the Agent is at his/her job. :)

I will have my Ga DL ready to give them just as always just in case though.

Off topic but I had to comment on your signature..."Fantastic Voyage" is my pre-cruise song....well I play it at the start of all my vacations (land or sea)...

Archived