*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Good Morning , Breeze Buddies.

Just checking in while I wait for the next shift to arrive so I can go home.

On our CC Liberty cruise last year, our group leaders were able to get a group rate at the La Quinta hotel in Miami. There was free shuttle service to the Port, and we were even allowed to leave our vehicle parked there free during the cruise. It was approx $140. I am thinking it was only a 15 min ride to the Port, and there was a liqueur store within walking distance for those bringing on "soda"....(cough cough).

45 more min till I head home. Back at 3pm for a double till 715am. But I am off on Monday ! Nervous about Tuesday tho. I go back to school *gulp*.

Have a great day , All !

Good morning Breeze Buddies!

Here in bed sick but thankfully DD is feeling better. I'm breaking one of my mommy rules and letting her watch TV but I'm not up to entertaining her right now so between Nick Jr and Dr. Seuss she should be ok.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Good morning and happy Sunday, Breeze buddies!!!

Beautiful day in sunny Florida for a while anyway. I think we may get the outskirts of TS Byrle, hopefully a soaking of rain tonight. Until then around 90 and not a cloud in the sky.

Thanks for all the input on hotels, I have them all written down. It will most like end up being the LaQuinta, Holiday Inn, Hilton and Marriott. However, we shall see when it gets closer.

I am munching on some toast and then off to the grocery store and then shopping at Lake Sumpter Landing with lots of great deals going on. That's one thing great about The Villages we have our own little town.:)

Have a super day and will chat later.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Bayside on our Valor cruise out of Miami and it was a great place to stay pre-cruise. Now, mind you, that was 4 years ago, so my memory is a little faded. I don't remember if there was a shuttle or not, but it is very close to the port...in fact, we had a view of our ship from our hotel window. The Bayside Market was a fun place to explore, and we ate dinner at Bubba Gumps, which was good and entertaining. It was pouring rain the day before our cruise, so we didn't really get out and about that much. But I would recommend that place as a good one for pre-cruise hotel.

Cathy P ~ that's hilarious about the names of your ex's! I get in my jammies early sometimes too..a couple days ago I never got OUT of my jammies all day. :rolleyes: Was headed to the shower 2 different times and the power went out. I took it as a sign and just stayed in jammies. I was afraid I'd get all soaped and shampooed up and the power would go out...when we don't have power, we also don't have water since our water is from a well. It was snowy and cold outside and I was organizing my home office so didn't really matter that I wasn't dressed.

Heidi ~ I laughed when you made the comment about how if Dave was putting up a Gazebo, it wouldn't get finished. How's your 6-year bathroom project coming along, BTW?? LOL! :D Hope you found a good spot for the OG picnic!

Donna ~ sorry about your "new" gazebo! Hope the rest of your weekend goes better.

Kathy ~ enjoy the quiet weekend. Ours is the same..no special plans. I know what you mean about keeping up with this thread...I check in once a day and there is still a lot to get through. It's great!

Dave ~ no more hurricane cruises sounds like a great plan! We also did the luggage express in Miami and loved it.

Mimi ~ I'm looking forward to trying Guy Fieri's burgers on the Breeze. We watch him on Food Network all the time and love him. I looked at his burger menu on the Breeze, and they sound yummy.

Char ~ hope you enjoyed the Netflix movies. I just switched my Netflix over to only DVD's ~ tried the instant streaming through my Wii and it just doesn't work very well at all out here in the Boonies. It will play for about 3 minutes and then stop and "load" for 1 1/2 minutes....drives me crazy. I have high speed internet and Wi-Fi out here, but it doesn't seem to work with Netflix. Oh well.

Renee ~ ick, 4 AM sounds so yucky, but especially after working a late shift the night before. Good thing you're tough! The only thing I do at 4 AM is get up and go potty and then go back to bed. :p

Have a great day, everyone!

Wow!!! Ran home on my lunch break and I have to change pants..... it is raining so hard I am soaked!!!! Good thing I had an umbrella..... it started at about 5:05 this morning right after I sat at my desk...

Will check in in between jobs again today..... I'm off from 2 to 5..... time to check in, take a nap and a shower....

Renee ~ don't get drenched, girl!

Char ~ thank you for the link to the "meet the cupids" page! I have borrowed your idea and put a link below my signature as well.

I'd like to invite all Cupids and Newpids to click on my link or Char's link to Introduce Yourself to everyone. We have a large and growing group, and it's hard to keep track of everyone!

Thanks, Heidi, for starting the threads for the Group Activities and the ports!

Good Morning! it's going to be hot and humid here today. It's supposed to get into the 90's. It's 85 right now.

Last night we tried a new restaurant that just opened up in our area. It's Called Lincoln Whiskey Kitchen and was very good. We had received a $20.00 gift card in the mail so we wanted to use it. It's just a casual burger/steak joint. We will definitely go back.

Staci is home and I am expecting Eric sometime today. He sent me a text last night saying that he and his friend were on their way up here but that they were going to their friends house in the city for the night and he didn't know when he make it out here today. I hope he gets here before I have to leave for work at 4:00. I didn't tell Dave and Staci that he is coming. They'll be surprised although, they knew that there was a possibility he'd come home. I guess his ankle is better. He says he's able to walk now but now he has pitting edema. I didn't know what that was so I looked it up on the internet. I guess it's a fluid build up and the pitting means that when you press on it with your finger, an indentation remains for a while. I hope that this is just something that will go away as the ankle heals.

Heidi ~ I laughed when you made the comment about how if Dave was putting up a Gazebo, it wouldn't get finished. How's your 6-year bathroom project coming along, BTW?? LOL! :D Hope you found a good spot for the OG picnic!

Sue - NO,the bathroom IS NOT finished. :mad: Dave hasn't touched it since Staci's high school graduation party which was in 2009 (the remodel started around 2005). The toilet and sink work but there's still no shower. He never finishes anything. Right now he has several unfinished projects going. A couple of months ago he replaced the faucet in the kitchen sink. He removed everything that was stored under the sink, put it in a box and put the box in the family room. The faucet is done but the box of stuff is still in the family room. Over a year ago the bathroom fan in our other bathroom needed to be replaced so he bought another one thinking they were exactly the same size and would be easy to switch. Turned out it was going to be much harder than he thought so he "temporarily " put the old fan back in but minus the cover and hasn't touched it since. Now we have this ugly, open fan with no cover. A couple of months ago our sump pump went out so he bought a new one but hasn't installed it yet. Thankfully we are over a gravel crawl space so even if water gets in there's nothing down there to be damaged. The house just smells musty when water is down there. I think we had the original sump pump sitting in a box in our garage for about 8 years before he installed it. Then the most recent project is our front door. A mechanism in the door knob broke about 3 weeks ago. He took it all apart and now we have no door knob. It only locks with the deadbolt. In his defense, he did have to order a part which didn't come until a few days ago. I haven't said a word about it (it's pointless) but last night he said he'd fix it today. We'll see...

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Mine is over. :)

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Bayside on our Valor cruise out of Miami and it was a great place to stay pre-cruise. Now, mind you, that was 4 years ago, so my memory is a little faded. I don't remember if there was a shuttle or not, but it is very close to the port...in fact, we had a view of our ship from our hotel window.

I booked here for our cruise in Jan. and they do not have a shuttle, but they said there will be no problem getting a cab. The cabbies know most everyone staying is taking a cruise so there is never a shortage of cabs. They said it doesn't cost much, they told me how much, but I don't remember. Oh well, I chalk that up to the age thing.

My DH went golfing at 6 this morning and is now napping. It is very hot and humid here with no breeze and the radar is showing there are storms over Lake Erie. Today is our Memorial Firefighter's M/C run. Glad we didn't sign up, it is just too humid to ride in a run and with all the slow riding it just makes it hotter. Not sure what we'll do later today, but I do have ribs we bought from Costco for the grill, so maybe another day just staying home.

Have a great Sunday, Donna

Hello Dere: Just got home from an ELK State convention in Orlando. These conventions are just too boring....all the presenters give a bunch of meaningless statistics to sooth THEIR ego and then spend all night circulating from one hospitality suite to another drinking them selves blind. I know because that is what I used to do too but this time I was in bed by 10:00 and up at 6:30 for a meeting from 7:30 to 10:30....on a SUNDAY!!! We had no rain in Orlando but my wife claimed we had quite a storm here at home this morning. Barbara and Jerry (Ilaga) are booked...I know since we are the ones that convinced them to do it. I will probably drive them down to Miami very early in the morning on cruise day but you never know, may stay overnight the night before somewhere other than home. We'll discuss that when we get MUCH closer to sailing time.......We are having new carpet installed in the front room plus a new computer desk being delivered so everything is a mess right now. As a matter of fact Kay and I have a meeting tuesday morning so Barbara is going to baby-sit the carpet installers until we get back home. Yes THAT Barbara (Ilaga).

Rick - Thanks for letting me know. I will add them to the booked list. I just wasn't sure. she said they were going but didn't actually say they were booked or if they were booked with the group.

Hey, Breeze buddies!

Sue, how does the Netflix work? I have gotten them out of the box before and brought them home but is this something you pay for and just bring it up on the TV? Everytime they show a new preview on TV, I say I want to go and see it. I guess Kenny got tired of hearing me last night. He said ok we have not been to a movie since we lived in Virginia. Well that is 2010. Then he said we went with Kevin to see a cartoon. Well Kevin is 21 so I guess it has been awhile.:eek:

Renee, I got up at 5:00 to pee and then back to bed until 8:30. Sorry you could not do the same thing. Not pee just sleep.lol

Heidi, I love new restaurants. We have a new square opening up in The Villages and they will have alot of new restaurants in that. Don't know what yet and hope they are good.

I laughed my azz off when I heard Dave's projects story. All I could think of was Tom Hanks and the Money Pit movie. It brought me to tears and I had a hard time reading your story to Kenny. Oh how I can relate. We got home today from the store and I looked at my stove with the aluminum over the pans. If I did not know it was alum. I would not have ever guessed. Now Kenny does everything so I have to tread lightly. While he was getting the stuff out of the car, I quickly grabbed all of them, tossed the pans in the sink and then continued putting stuff in the fridge. He came in and looked at me and I just smiled. Well he is now putting new aluminum on the pans.;)

Donna, don't forget age is just a number, however, I seem to have a high one.lol

Rick, I thought about you and the partying at the Elks convention. I remember my bar days that I can no longer do anymore. 9:00 to bed for me, 8:00 if I have to get up at 5.:)

We got alot of nice shirts for Kenny today. He will be styling on our cruise in September. I hope he find somebody to hang around with cause this ole lady really needs some clothes. I can see the Outlet Mall in my future.;)

Oh I almost forgot, we went to Winn Dixie grocery store and they have fuel perks at the local shell station. If you guy certain products you can get 5 cents a gallon off. Well my bill was $80 and after my coupons my bill was $68. Then I got 55 cents off per gallon. We went and got gas for $2.84 a gal. I was so excited you would have thought I won the lottery.:D

Ok that is about it for now, chat later!

Edited by Cathy p

Hello Cupids...

We had a nice day today...fed the horses this morning and Jim asked if I would like to go to Bass Lake for lunch...well duh :rolleyes: I said yes. We went home and changed our clothes and off we went. Had a nice lunch at Ducey's on the Lake then came home fed the horses...now PJ time...and it isn't even dark. :eek:

Here are a couple of photos I took today with my I-phone: The first two were while it was partly cloudy and the third one is when the sun came out...we were on the small end of the lake at the lodge and marina...weren't too many boats on the water today which kind of surprised me...but we had fun anyway. The photos were taken from our table at the restaurant.

2586126340103118384S600x600Q85.jpg

2129785860103118384S600x600Q85.jpg

2495976630103118384S600x600Q85.jpg

We run Netflix through a Roku that Jim bought...we don't have a Wii but thinking about getting one...then move the Roku to the bedroom and put the Wii in the living room.

Sue...we got that dang "uploading" too at first and drove me crazy too...but Jim may have adjusted something or called and asked what the problem was..but now it works okay. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't run new movies...but we are watching a lot of TV series that we didn't watch while they were on. We watched ALL of 24...could never get into it while it was on TV...now I know why you had to really watch from the beginning or at least the beginning of each season or you were lost. We have also watched Burn Notice, The Guardian and White Collar...we are currently watching Numbers. We may go back to the DVDs after we catch up on the TV shows we want to see...coz we miss the frist run movies.

Sue...that is so funny that you were in your PJs all day long...we have done that a few times oursevles and LOVE it...usually during bad weather...put the fire on in the fireplace and watch movies all day long. :D

Cathy-p...you live in The Villages...I have heard lots of good stuff about the place. Looks like you have some clothes shopping to catch up on...can't let the hubby get ahead.

And thanks Dave, Donna, Cathy-p and anyone else who chimed in about the hotels in Miami...all the information we can get really helps make a decision where to stay when the time comes.

Wishing everyone a really nice Memorial Day...and remember our soldiers who gave their lives for our country.

Morning!

Looks like it will be a beautiful day here...sunny so far at least.

Cathy ~ with Netflix you can either do DVD's, instant streaming, or both. We run it through our Wii...don't ask me how it works. You can also hook it up to a lot of other gaming devices, like XBox, Nintendo, etc.

Char ~ I wondered about calling Netflix to see if there was some adjustment I could make...might have to do that. How funny that you guys watched the TV show 24, because that is exactly the TV show I am watching on Netflix! (or TRYING to anyway) I now have the DVD's on the way. I'm still on Season 1.

DS Greg & DDIL Mallory are in Yellowstone today. They drove to Montana on Thursday for the wedding of one of Greg's best friends; he was in the wedding and this friend was also in Greg's wedding 3 years ago. They will look around Yellowstone and then drive down to see the Grand Tetons and then home. I've never seen Yellowstone, and would love to go there someday.

Char ~ that is a beautiful view from your lunch table!

Good morning Breeze Buddies!

Not much going on here today. We're going out to lunch in Heidi's neck of the woods.

Maybe we'll play mini-golf today. Gotta start training for the tournament in Feb. 2014. :D

Of course... thinking about all of the soldiers who sacrificed their lives for our freedom.

Happy Memorial Day all!

Good morning, Breeze buddies and God Bless our Men and Women that have lost their lives so that we may be free!

Renee, thanks for the info on Netflix. I only want to watch new movies as we have Comcast Cable. It has a section called On Demand where we get all kinds of free old movies and TV shows. I watch some of them as my remote will only tape 2 shows and sometimes there are 3 and 4 that are on at the same time.Sometimes we tape in the living room and trot to the bedroom and watch something else. But my bedroom is not hooked up to HD so the picture is not that great.

Char, beautiful pictures and it looks so very peaceful. How many horses do you have and what other animals and such do you have? How about a picture of the ranch so I can drool.lol

Sue, I can't even imagine how many times me and my Jammies have come together for an all day experience. Sometime I will go 1/2 a day then get a new pair out after I take my shower and then cuddle up in my chair with the snuggie and both my puppies. Poor Kenny gets the whole couch all by himself.:D

Rick, good luck with the computer. I hope you don't take after Heidi's hubby and put it in the garage or we will never get to chat.lol Sorry, Hiedi, I could not miss that opportunity.

Edited by Cathy p

Kathy, thanks for that info on Bayside and the Holiday Inn. I will see what I can fine out when I go on my cruise in Sept. We will be driving so it should be pretty easy to go from one hotel to another. South Beach is a place many tourist and locals like to go. It is filled with bar after bar along the beach. I have never been there may also check that out for us.

Mimi, I love min. golf. We had a tournament at work and My supervisor and I won. We got a gift cert. for the melting pot. Now they are all after us so I guess I need to get practacing. It is across the street from us next to our American Legion.

Off to cruise around a bit, chat later, super day to all.

Good Morning!

Cathy - glad you got a good laugh from my stories about Dave's unfinished projects. That was only the tip of the iceberg. There are too many to count but those are the ones that are bugging me. The problem is, Dave is actually very handy and is capable of doing all these things himself but because of that, he refuses to ever hire anyone to do them and then they never get finished. If he wasn't so handy, he'd HAVE to hire someone and then they'd get finished. I hired a handyman once to finish something but the fact is we really don't have extra money laying around to hire people, not if we want to cruise. LOL

Mimi I hope you aren't going to the OG for lunch. I won't be there. I don't work until 5:30 today.

Sue -did your snow melt?

It's going to be very hot here again. It was in the upper 90's yesterday and today is supposed to be the same. I worked an 8 hour shift last night and boy was I tired and sore by the time I got home. Eric never showed up here. :mad:. I don't know if he's coming today or not. I haven't talked to him. Staci did but she didn't get details. He isn't driving so he's not exactly in control of his situation. I think he's just hanging out with friends in the city. I wish he'd come home because I'd really like to get a look at his ankle. Oh wait, he just sent a text to Dave and said he's coming home. Anyway, I was about to say that Staci saw one of his frineds last night and he said that Eric's ankle is HUGE!:eek: It's probably real swollen because he hasn't been taking it easy and keeping iced and elevated. He's been partying instead. :rolleyes: Well, I just hope he gets here before I have to work tonight.

I stay in my jammies most of the day fairly often but it's usually when I'm working at night. If I don't need to go anywhere during the day I will stay in my jammies until I shower right before going to work.

Have a great day. :)

Edited by HeidiHo

Hey, Breeze Buddies~!

Kenny made up bacon and eggs with a muffin for brunch and then we did our walk while it was not raining. We have a track across the street that we walk around and we have a tree down.:eek: This is Central Florida where they said no wind just rain. Well I guess we had some type of wind as the tree snapped in the middle.

We are headed to a buffet in Hoffman estates. Thanks for the heads up though!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Are you going to the new "Royal Buffet?" It's right by my house. We ate there a couple of weeks ago.