Paying Cruise Off Early

What is the best way to pay with no credit card?

I am planning on going the ES way and paying with my debit card. Can I pay some sort of monthly payemts ?

Then can I buy on board credit?

going on a 9 day cruise to Europe on Oct 11, 2013

When you book the cruise you pay a deposit and can use your debit card to do that. You can make monthly payments if you'd like or wait until final payment and pay it all at that time (or any time prior). You can make payments either online through carnival.com or call your PVP and make payments over the phone.

To purchase OBC, the easiest way is to simply purchase Fun Ship Dollars. You can to do that online or by telephone as well. When you purchase them online, put "on board credit" in the address line and they'll apply it to your S&S. You can check your on board credit via the Manage my Cruise tab on carnival.com.

Hope that helps!

:D

I have always waited until a week before final payment to pay in full. I have the money set aside for the cruise in an account, but prefer to earn interest on the money.

It's not a lot of interest currently, but as the saying goes, "mind the pennies and the pounds/dollars will look after themselves."

Duane-O

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I do as well. ;)

This cruise coming up I made a down payment, then paid some more, tried to pay it off monthly, but realized that with money tight,a nd bills due, when I got the balance I paid it off 4 months early. Now the cruise is paid for, and I can relax. How I will pay for the gas to get to the port is another question all together:eek::o

normally I wait until final payment to pay off - for our next cruise we are going to Alaska and wanted to be assured a place on the Tracy Arm excursion and went ahead and paid the balance so that we could do that. Final payment is due in five days - anyone ever have the experience of lots of cabins opening up as people decided not to cruise? We did early saver and I keep watch over the price of the cabin - have had one drop so far.

We usually book 9 - 10 months out and pay off our cruise early. We also prepay our tips. Once that is paid off, we book our excursions and watch for price drops. In the past, we have gotten OBC and we have been able to upgrade.... once to a Verandah suite on the Fantasy.

Everyone does it the way its best for them.

Our next cruise is in December. It will be paid off in May or June (final payment is in October).

I have always paid off early or even at time of booking if the funds are there - I like to get it out of the way and not worry about it - I also prepay my tips at that time as well. Then, like others, I start setting aside money for incidentals - drinks, gambling, drinks, excursions, drinks, ports, drinks etc. I have heard one too many horror stories of people missing their final payment and having cruise cancelled or altered in some way. I met a family on our second to last cruise who said that they booked a cruise about 4 years prior to this one and completely forgot about final payment and got as far as the port to board before they found out - one very unhappy family as they were cancelled. Can't figure out how this could happen, thought they would be notified some how - wife was too upset to give too many details (this was when Carnival first started not sending out your cruise package). I am just too anal about things to let it get down to the wire.

Archived