Any Ohio Cruisers Here?

Ghost

[quote name='Sports Dr']Colerain (near Martins Ferry) in eastern ohio
checking in. NCL Star in Hawaii March 2004
and RCCL's AOS in November 2002[/QUOTE]

Hello Sports Dr. I haven't been on this site for a long time. When I saw the thread for the Ohio cruisers I thought I might find you. Will be in Ohio for a day July 31st at Cedarpoint on our way to New York City. My daughter will be starting grade school there at Fordham so we are moving her to her new apt. in Manhatten. Trust all is well.

Fairborn here, right beside Dayton.
35 days till next cruise with NCL, onboard the SPIRIT to Alaska.
3rd cruise, 1st with NCL, first 2 with CCL.
4th cruise booked for 9 MAY 05, 5 days, out of Tampa.

I think I'm starting to REALLY LOVING CRUISING !!!!!

Matt

Hi Pam.. I guess a visit to Cedar Point makes you a Buckeye for a day.
Hope all is great... weather, bandy, Tim, kids, and the animals. Do you
still have my email? Once in a blue moon I receive passes for Cedar Point
which I do not use.

We lived in Kent for 30 years (DH taught at Kent state). He retired 8 years ago and got a job teaching at Wheeling Jesuit University (Hi Matins Ferry). Still have two kids in the Akron area. Still think of ourselves as buckeyes.

I'm in Willoughby about 25 miles east of Cleveland. Just returned from the Grandeur of the Sea. Counting down until 10/16/04 on NCL Sun for our 20th anniversary.

NCL Norway 10/81
HAL Rotterdam 5/82
NCL Norway 11/82
Carnival Tropicale 5/83
NCL Norway 11/83 (Met my husband in Dazzles!)
NCL Norway 10/84
NCL Seaward 10/89
NCL Seaward 12/91
NCL Norway 10/94
NCL Norway 11/95
RCCL Enchantment 6/98
NCL Norway 6/02
RCCL Grandeur 6/04
NCL Sun 10/16/04

Ghost!
I too am from Sylvania...just booked a cruise to Alaska (NCL/SUN) have you ever been? Got any ideas on excursions either through the ship or otherwise! Your help is greatly appreciated....Oh yea, the crusise is 7/25 so hurry! ha-ha!

Yes, we've cruised to Alaska. Loved the helicopter trip to Mendenhall Glacier - walking on the glacier and seeing how massive they are is incredible. Also took the train to White Pass, which we also enjoyed. You'll love Alaska - the scenery is spectaucular!

Where do you live in Sylvania - we're in Centennial Farms.

Kathy

My brother came up from Florida this weekend...he thinks I'm crazy, but I think its great...I'm getting ready for a weekend trip to Charlotte to visit the guy I'm dating...and I can't wait to see him, its been about a month since I've seen him.. Really, lets plan a get together some time in August...anyone interested??

Sheila

I was born and raised in Sylvania. We've been cruising for a long time. Our 20th cruise was April 10th on the Caribbean Princess.

Over on cruise addicts, they're planning an Ohio get-together July 24th. We'd be interested in something in August - let us know if it gets going. We went down to one in Columbus last summer organized by someone on the Royal Caribbean board and it was fun. My husband and I also hosted one here in Toledo a couple of years ago at one of the local restaurants downtown on the river. It's a great way to meet fellow cruisers!

Kathy

Sorry for the confusion..
I wasn't sure how to repost a reply with this new format...I'm not sure if I like this new board site....oh well, I'm sure they don't care if I like it or not..
Any way, I'm glad to see others have bought the pre-lite palm trees, or are thinking about buying them...at least I don't feel soo silly...I love it..
Planning a little get together the week after the 4th...plan on putting on the Jimmy Buffet CD and enjoying the wonderful July weather here in Ohio...
Let's keep this posting up at the top!!

OhioGirl - I LOVE my pre-lit palm tree. Put it out on the deck, turn on Jimmy Buffett and enjoy this GREAT (for a change!) Ohio weather.

I'm sure there are other Buckeyes out there - let's hear from you!

Kathy

Kathy,
Did you get your tree at Garden Ridge? Is it the 1 tree, or the 3 tree in the stand...I bought the 3 tree and I can't tell you how bright it is...I'm waiting for some of my neighbors to tell me that they can't sleep, because of the glow...(I live in a condo, and my tree sits on my patio, not on a deck...so needless to say...ITS BRIGHT!)

I've been enjoying this great Ohio weather, by having dinner the last two nights out on the patio, and wishing I was in the island...God I need a life..ha ha....

Well lets keep this posting at the top.

OhioGirl - I got my tree at Frank's - it's a 4' tree, just a single one. Just the right amount of light. Can't believe how great the weather has been lately. Hope it keeps up but know the really hot stuff is coming!

Our last cruise (#20 for us) was in April on the Caribbean Princess. Looking into our next one with a group of friends for early next year.

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Pam.. I must be a bonehead. I think I gave you the wrong card.
Try this:use my first and last name (on the card) (run the two names together) ............1@comcast.net. If that does not
work, I will post it. Our son is getting married this Saturday and is going to
Hawaii for his honeymoon. No cruise, just staying on Oahu. I advised
him to watch out for the chickens.

Congratulations on the wedding. I think your son and new wife need to encounter the chickens. What a memorable honeymoon that would make.
I will try to email you again. You did give me the right email address. I probably just typed the address in wrong--but it never came back stating it was un deliverable. In less that two weeks we will be in Ohio.
I will try to email you again. Have a wonderful time at the wedding and congratulations again to you and your wife.

PS: what are we both doing reading the cruise critic threads? Are we dreaming about another trip?

Archived