The Significantly Less Complete Food Lovers Guide to the Allure of the Seas

Hi, Brian! Your family had my family's cabana! ;)

I can't watch the zip line video on my iPhone, but I can't wait to see it. Was your heart going a million miles an hour? Mine would have been. Oh, I've parasailed on an incredibly windy day - it wasn't bad, and I think I could do that again over that very high up zip line.

Great review!

Brian - thanks again for this review! Of course I loved the Flow Rider videos. The water is heated - did they not heat it for the kids that early morning? Also, I loved the 150CP review and the zipline video. The photo from the top is breathtaking with Allure in the background.

Lori??? Hello, definitely stop there and I think November is stone crab season too! Jim and I will miss you on the Explorer this year. We debated but the price was right. I won a cruise on FB the sea is calling sweepstakes so we are going on the Allure in Feb! Hope everyone is well, Lisa
Wanted to hijack just for a minute to say you're the first person I've seen who won this sweepstakes. We also one it and chose Allure (can't go in winter because I'm a CPA and that's tax season). When we first got the email I couldn't believe it and was frantically searching for scams to see if we had been scammed. We are so excited. Congrats to you also!

We went to the Family Comedy show on the last night. It was the same comedians, with several of the same routines, but more family friendly.

Loved the zipline video. We were too scared to do it this time, but next time might make the leap. This time we did the dragon coasters.

I love reading your review of the trip.

It was getting towards lunchtime so we made our way over to Barefoot Beach to eat there. If you have a cabana at Nellie’s you get to eat at Barefoot. We had a cabana at Barefoot on our last cruise. The food there is definitely better. I found the lunch on Labadee to be tasteless, but at Barefoot it’s the same food, but it actually has flavor! Plus they had shrimp kabobs and steak. I decided to get a Margarita at the bar. It was great, very strong.

Can you only eat at Barefoot if you are in a cabana?

It was getting towards lunchtime so we made our way over to Barefoot Beach to eat there. If you have a cabana at Nellie’s you get to eat at Barefoot. We had a cabana at Barefoot on our last cruise. The food there is definitely better. I found the lunch on Labadee to be tasteless, but at Barefoot it’s the same food, but it actually has flavor! Plus they had shrimp kabobs and steak. I decided to get a Margarita at the bar. It was great, very strong.

Jumping in to answer... No, you can eat at the Barefoot Beach buffet, which is upgraded, or you can eat at the "for the masses" buffet. It's your choice. :) Remember, if you've paid for a cabana, then you're treated like a VIP. The service is very nice.

Wanted to hijack just for a minute to say you're the first person I've seen who won this sweepstakes. We also one it and chose Allure (can't go in winter because I'm a CPA and that's tax season). When we first got the email I couldn't believe it and was frantically searching for scams to see if we had been scammed. We are so excited. Congrats to you also!

Wow so cool to find someone else who won! Very exciting stuff and now my DH and friends who use to think differently about FB are coming around. But now I find myself entering everything!! Cannot wait for Allure in Feb. Congrats and enjoy!

Yes, it is half the price. But we got a suite which comfortably slept the seven of us in 2 rooms. Transportation to the port can sometimes be tricky. Everyone is vying for the same vans. Make sure they have a sign up sheet the night before and go for the earliest time. If not you may not show up at the port until after noon. If they don't have a sign up sheet, expect chaos and you might just want to get a cab anyway.

Two Warnings/Alert Points about Springhill Suits

- They stop airport pick up somewhere around 11:40 PM or so, in case you have a late night.

- Their "free" shuttle to airport gets full quikly. You may not get spots until afternoon. Book quickly upon arrival.

(alternative - if you rent from National/Alamo, you removal your dependence on hotel shuttle completely as they also provide free shuttle to port)

Bobkat406, a fellow Cruise Critic participant, offered to coordinate the tour on the Roll Call board. People would email her information and then she posted what she felt was our best route. No one had any complaints]. :)

Think Kathi (BobKat) did a fanatstic job of coordinating Cabin Crawl and it was lot more fun than M&M. You are right, you never get chance to appreciate different cabins, just from deck plans and other reviews.

Laminated Bookmark that LKL&ME graciously prepared for everyone is also a good keepsake.

Love reading your comments about our cruise.

Two Warnings/Alert Points about Springhill Suits

- They stop airport pick up somewhere around 11:40 PM or so, in case you have a late night.

- Their "free" shuttle to airport gets full quikly. You may not get spots until afternoon. Book quickly upon arrival.

(alternative - if you rent from National/Alamo, you removal your dependence on hotel shuttle completely as they also provide free shuttle to port)

Thanks for the warnings. It just so happens that I changed my reservation last night to another hotel near the Embassy. It's cheaper, and closer to the ports. I'll assume that this hotel could also have the same issues, so I'll be aware of that. We arrive very early afternoon the day before our cruise, and I'll be sure to put our name on the list for the shuttle first thing. Worst case if we have an issue, we'll just get a cab.

Hi, Brian! Your family had my family's cabana! ;)

Hi, Michele! Yes, I thought so. Thanks for keeping it neat for us. :)

I can't watch the zip line video on my iPhone, but I can't wait to see it. Was your heart going a million miles an hour?

Not really. I've been on zip lines before. When we were up on the platform I was thinking, "wow, we're high!" But I'm not bad with heights. So all was good.

Thanks!

We went to the Family Comedy show on the last night. It was the same comedians, with several of the same routines, but more family friendly.

Great info. Thanks Caryn!

Yes. Only if you have a bracelet on. I think Michele thought you were asking the other way around. If you are in a cabana, you can eat wherever you want. If you are not in a cabana, you can't come into Barefoot Beach. (Although I saw several people walk in from the gate without bracelets.)

I am enjoying your review so much. Our only cruise so far was on Freedom and we loved it. At this time we are looking into the Allure for next June. It looks like a great fit for our active family. My son was just like yours on Freedom. We saw him before dinner getting dressed up each night and then for our dinner. He was always out and about til 1 also. Thanks for all your time. Love the photos and videos.

Barb

Jumping in to answer... No, you can eat at the Barefoot Beach buffet, which is upgraded, or you can eat at the "for the masses" buffet. It's your choice. :) Remember, if you've paid for a cabana, then you're treated like a VIP. The service is very nice.

OK we won't be renting a cabana and just in a JS so we can still eat at the upgraded Barefoot Beach Buffet?

BrianAlt just saw your post above thanks for the clarification.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for both reviews. Based on your pictures and review we not only signed up for the chops/Giovannis/150CP package but are also taking the kids. They both looked at the 150 menu and decided it sounded great.

I was unable to sign up for a cabana online, any idea about how good chances are for getting one later?

OK we won't be renting a cabana and just in a JS so we can still eat at the upgraded Barefoot Beach Buffet?

BrianAlt just saw your post above thanks for the clarification.

Ah, I thought you were asking, "If I have a cabana, can I eat at ANY of the buffets, including the Barefoot buffet." :p As Brian said, if you aren't in a suite or have a cabana, then you can not eat at the Barefoot buffet. :)

Ah, I thought you were asking, "If I have a cabana, can I eat at ANY of the buffets, including the Barefoot buffet." :p As Brian said, if you aren't in a suite or have a cabana, then you can not eat at the Barefoot buffet. :)

Hmmmmm how much are the cabana's and what are the perks?

Here's a link to my Allure review with a ton of info on the cabanas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1578035

Start at post 102 for cabana specific information. LOTS of pictures too.

Thanks for the great info and photo's. Although I won our future Allure cruise at bingo on Adventure we did have to pay to upgrade to a JS;). I think I will save the $200 and just spend the day at the beach and wandering around.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for both reviews. Based on your pictures and review we not only signed up for the chops/Giovannis/150CP package but are also taking the kids. They both looked at the 150 menu and decided it sounded great.

Wonderful! Enjoy. :)

I was unable to sign up for a cabana online, any idea about how good chances are for getting one later?

We were able to get a cabana in Labadee while on the Enchantment without being in a suite. Enchantment was the only ship there, so it was pretty quiet with 2K people there. It's unlikely there will be any available if you are on Oasis or Allure, but you can always ask Guest Services.

Good luck!

I definitely recommend Michele's review for Allure information and she does a great job on the Labadee Nellie's Beach cabanas.

Sorry for not posting today. I got a call from my father a couple of hours ago. He wanted to know when I was posting. He's reliving our cruise through my writing. Sorry dad, and everyone else, did a bunch of things today, including some writing, but it's not in posting condition yet. Hopefully I'll get a few parts up tomorrow.

Thanks for the patience.

Archived