WooHoo! Doing the "paid in full" dance!!

karonijo

I just paid of the balance for mine and DH's cruise for September on the Liberty. So excited! I think it's the first time I've paid in full months before sail away. Now to work on the fun stuff... excursions, packing list, shopping, dry cleaning, all the preparations for the cruise...And..I am planning to have all gratuities, parking, onboard expenses, shore excursions, (possibly hotel) ...and anything else I can think of that will require cash out of my pocket...to be "paid in full". I don't want to have a concern about anything once we board.

Any other expense that I may not have mentioned ...and you think of...please post so I can add it to my list. :D I don't want to owe a dime at the end of my cruise. LOL:D

That's a fantastic feeling. Congrats! I'm the paranoid person who has to have the money to pay it in full when I book, lol, but we still have to book our hotels (day before and after cruise), excursions, gratuities, extra tip money, etc.

It's a great feeling! We're going in October, and its the first time my husband and I have gone without our kids, so paying for only one room, and not during the summer. (LOVE the fall fares!) A few days after I booked, I logged on and paid it off. Crazy good feeling!

I'm dancing with you!!! I paid off my June cruise a couple of months ago & was lucky enough to get OBC out of it; but just paid the balance for my mom's cabin, so we are officially ready to go!!! I have the same idea about prepaying as much as possible; so far I've bought funship dollars, drink & photo coupons, just booked my excursions today & plan to prepay gratuities next month. Even thinking about prepaying hotel since the prepaid rate is a little less.

My 2 goals this cruise:

1. Have a $0 sign & sail balance :D

2. Don't over pack :eek:

Order a bottle of Liquor from Bon Voyage to enjoy in your room or buy some drink coupons to use for you DOD.

Yes..I will have to do order from Bon Voyage. I never even knew this was possible til our last cruise.

I'm dancing with you!!! I paid off my June cruise a couple of months ago & was lucky enough to get OBC out of it; but just paid the balance for my mom's cabin, so we are officially ready to go!!! I have the same idea about prepaying as much as possible; so far I've bought funship dollars, drink & photo coupons, just booked my excursions today & plan to prepay gratuities next month. Even thinking about prepaying hotel since the prepaid rate is a little less.

So how do I go about getting funship dollars? I know I can get drink and photo coupons through gifts and services but can I get $$ there as well? Or can I just make more payments towards my account ..even though I don't owe anything for the fare...will it not just credit my account? And if that is the case..is it less expensive to purchase drink and photo coupons through gift services?

Thanks for the help!

My 2 goals this cruise:

1. Have a $0 sign & sail balance :D

2. Don't over pack :eek:

We are all paid off for our Nov cruise, the hotel and airfare all that is left is excursions and maybe see if I can get my tips prepaid..not sure if I can once I pay it out.. we are still 3 months away from the due date..maybe ?

I just believe that I prefer to keep my money in the bank to get whatever interest I can until I have to release the money. I choose NOT to prepay anything. Like the fellow poster says, whatever floats your boat.

I am good about saving the money for what I know we will spend and a little extra then pay the bill when it comes in. Another plus, is I get reward points for charges. The more I get , the more points I can use towards a free hotel stay in Ft. Lauderdale. YEAH !!!!!!!!!!

WTG!! Feels great huh? I plan on paying my December cruise off next month after I get back from Hawaii.

When we finally leave for our cruise, everything is paid for in advance, including our transportation (train), hotel, our tips, and excursions paid for!!

Have a great cruise!!!

Congratulations! I just paid off my July cruise this past Saturday, 2 days before final payment. I have received 4 price drops ($470 total). Today, I saw a price reduction and put in for an $80 OBC. This was quick. I didn't expect it this soon, but you never know. The 4 price drops were within 2 1/2 weeks. Check several time a day to be safe. The real fun is beginning. :)

Woo Hoo!!!! I agree, feels great!!!

We order ahead of time, some of the photo coupons & drink coupons for sure. We also pre-pay our grats/tips. If we are getting a soda "Bottomless Bubbles" sticker, we call the Bon Voyage # & pre-pay it too. For Funship dollars, under Manage My Cruise, I just type in the search box Funship dollars & it will come up for you. I just did it for the 1st time on my upcoming cruise that's on the 28th & it was so simple & easy!!! In the address part, I just typed in Post as OBC on the 3 address lines. It's already been credited to my account & shows on my documents that I have OBC.

Archived